Okay so i was playing a game and all of a sudden i see some changes in the graphics on my phone, the colours change a bit. So i exit the game and go to the home screen and my picture has some red lines on it (like following the strands of my girlfriends hair) And then it just kept getting worse, i d get a completely ruined screen, blue grey lines horizontal and sometimes vertical, i cant see anything on my screen. Sometimes i get lucky and it clears up for a bit (still get the red lines in the hair though) and then it goes ****ty again. I also get fuzzy boxes on the right side of the screen and blue/green (or whatever colour) horziontal lines next to them. And now it has progressed further and i only get a white screen (when the screen is off and i switch it on, first it goes black and there are some dotted coloured lines and then it goes white). I now have to get lucky to get the blue/green horizontal lines! When i get those lines and i move the track pad around i can get portions of the screen back until i move it more! I ve tried resetting the phone (battery pull and alt+right shift+delete), i even tried taking out the battery and leaving it over night to see if the bios battery (the one that keeps your time and date correct even after you pull the battery out) and still no luck, probably didnt leave the battery out for long enough, i ve only ever drained it when i went to vietnam for 3 weeks on some charity work and had to leave my phone.

PLEASE HELP! Thank you for any advice!

P.S. i forgot my data (pc) cable at home and i am on holiday now but i will be back soon and the more info i get the better, especially if i can somehow get hold of a cable here! If i am not able to fix it, im pretty sure that my warranty is still good so i ll just go swap it for a new phone and hopefully wont have any problems. I forgot to mention that i have a BB BOLD 9700 with OS5 on it and my computer is 64 bit with windows vista!

THANKS AGAIN!
    08-28-11 03:10 PM
    Reloading the OS, battery pulls won't solve it. You'll need to take advantage of the warranty exchange to replace the unit, or the warranty repair, which replaces a faulty screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-11 06:05 PM
    The warranty exchange? How long is the phone covered for?

08-28-11 07:20 PM
    1 year.

The warranty exchange? How long is the phone covered for?

08-28-11 07:27 PM
    Ahh I had the phone for 2 years already

08-28-11 07:31 PM
    yeah thats what i thought! From what i remember i bought it some time in october/september so as soon as i get back from my holiday i ll have to go get it replaced. Hopefully they just replace it without any hassle.
    08-29-11 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD