Hi had a spare 9700 with no screen so I swaped the screen from a good one.The problem is it remains white with nothing else showing.I know the screen is good as it came from a working phone,anyone anyt ideas.
    I also wiped it with jl commander and reloaded latest os but still comes up as a white screen.Any ideas or info would be much appreciated.
    08-18-11 06:10 PM
    did you check if the lcd numbers match when you open up your phone?they have to match in order to prevent the white screen.
    08-18-11 06:16 PM
    as Chetan has said, make sure the versions are the same.

look for smalled etched #s on the back of the screen.

if they match, it might be a mobo issue.
    08-18-11 06:28 PM
    did you check if the lcd numbers match when you open up your phone?they have to match in order to prevent the white screen.
    Thnx for the reply,the problem being the old phone had no screen in it so I've nothing to compare the new screen to,any other means of checking without buying various screens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 01:43 AM
    Thnx for the reply,the problem being the old phone had no screen in it so I've nothing to compare the new screen to,any other means of checking without buying various screens.

What carrier was on the bottom of the keyboard? You could look it up on ebay, or bring it to a repair shop.

08-19-11 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD