my nn 9700 got white screen all of sudden ,last nite i had dwnloaded a whatapp update and nxt day morg i used it well and after a lockin and unlockin screen appeared white and then colour lines,i tried out many stuffs nothin workin any solution and im able to connect my bb to pc thro bb desktop manager.
    04-27-13 09:50 AM
    my nn 9700 got white screen all of sudden ,last nite i had dwnloaded a whatapp update and nxt day morg i used it well and after a lockin and unlockin screen appeared white and then colour lines,i tried out many stuffs nothin workin any solution and im able to connect my bb to pc thro bb desktop manager.
    Odds are it is hardware failure, especially if the device works otherwise. You can try reinstalling the OS. If the BlackBerry is broken the fresh OS install will not fix it. I know there is a thread at BlackBerryForums.com where someone made the screen work using electrical tape to hold the broken connection in place. There may be similar threads here.
    04-27-13 10:13 AM
    Don't bother reinstalling the OS. The problem is that the cable connector of the screen is failing, you can try repairing that cable, but I can tell you from experience that it is not going to do much even if it temporarily works. You have to replace the screen, no other way around it. Look for one on eBay and make sure its OEM. If the screen is 002 or 001 version I have a few. Let me know.
    04-27-13 03:51 PM