I'm assuming my blackberry 9700's LCD got screwed up when I was climbing on a roof with it in my pocket. The screen originally had just colored lines going through it, now the whole screen is mostly white. I don't know what to specifically call this but should I try to repair it myself or bring it to a professional? If I do bring it to a professional how much would the price range be?
    07-17-11 11:54 AM
    if it is out of warranty, dont be scared and do it yourself.

AS long as you have a steady hand it is pretty simple.
    there are a lot of youtube videos on it.

you will need to take it apart to find the LCD version as well
    mcjones92 likes this.
    07-17-11 11:58 AM
    Alright man I might just do that. I've had experience with taking apart xbox's and wii's but never a phone...where would you suggest getting the supplies to take it apart and a new LCD?
    07-17-11 12:04 PM
    Warranty exchange with your carrier or the insurance can replace/pay for the damaged screen. Why void the warranty?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-11 02:08 AM
    here is video how to replace your 9700 lcd:
    07-23-11 10:59 PM
    I'm assuming my blackberry 9700's LCD got screwed up when I was climbing on a roof with it in my pocket. The screen originally had just colored lines going through it, now the whole screen is mostly white. I don't know what to specifically call this but should I try to repair it myself or bring it to a professional? If I do bring it to a professional how much would the price range be?
    Alright man I might just do that. I've had experience with taking apart xbox's and wii's but never a phone...where would you suggest getting the supplies to take it apart and a new LCD?
    What you're describing is almost certainly the LCD cracked on the inside. It is very common with 9700s. (It happened to mine!)

If you have no coverage from warranty or insurance, check out this website:
    Faceplate | Housing | Repair parts | Accessories | Mobile parts - Cellular Accessories | Mobile

I've ordered parts from there before and had good experiences. Also, if you go through their site to your device, they often have links to some assembly/dis-assembly videos right there.
    (Otherwise just google terms like "9700 lcd install" or similar search words.)

* Btw, you should plug your BB into your PC ASAP and see if DM connects with it. If so, do a Backup. Then remove the battery from your device and leave it flat facing screen down until the replacement parts arrive.

The "L" in LCD stands for "liquid," and even though there's barely any in there, you don't need it seeping into your phone.

Good luck!
    07-25-11 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD