Ok so I was on my way home on the train, typing a message on facebook and then all of a sudden the colours in my screen faded out and the screen went white. i pressed a button and the colours half came back but it was so feint and i had no control over the fone....Battery pulled, after a long long long startup (about 25mins) it finally came back to life and it hasn't happened since.

Im running the original OS that came with the phone, I was going to update it when I got home but decided against it seeing as I had a problem with the screen....

Anyone have any ideas what this is? Anyone have the same problem? I got the phone Wednesday/Thursday last week....

I'm guessing it's the same thing that happened to my Samsung D500 all those years ago, I sent it to Samsung, they replaced the LCD and it worked fine after that....

I have a feeling all answers will point back to the retailer but thanks for any info provided....
    06-30-09 03:39 AM
    Ok so I was on my way home on the train, typing a message on facebook and then all of a sudden the colours in my screen faded out and the screen went white. i pressed a button and the colours half came back but it was so feint and i had no control over the fone....Battery pulled, after a long long long startup (about 25mins) it finally came back to life and it hasn't happened since.

Im running the original OS that came with the phone, I was going to update it when I got home but decided against it seeing as I had a problem with the screen....

Anyone have any ideas what this is? Anyone have the same problem? I got the phone Wednesday/Thursday last week....

I'm guessing it's the same thing that happened to my Samsung D500 all those years ago, I sent it to Samsung, they replaced the LCD and it worked fine after that....

I have a feeling all answers will point back to the retailer but thanks for any info provided....
    Yep, take it back since you just got it.
    06-30-09 08:08 AM

most likely its the lcd connector to the main PCB got problems

just bring it back to the store and get replacement unit
    06-30-09 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD