I know this sounds like nothing but its been bugging me for a while....a white dot appeared in the right hand side of my screen and when watching videos or on any screen that isnt white its viewable is there anything i can do to unfreeze the pixel?

Much Appreciated
    06-21-09 10:30 PM
    sounds like a dead pixel or something. how long have you had the phone? should be covered under warranty
    06-21-09 10:41 PM
    Gotta hate dead pixels.. =\ I have one on my portable dvd player. Bugs me so much when I watch The O.C. Anyways the warranty should cover it. Return it and get another one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 10:47 PM
    ive only had it for about 2 weeks theres only one pixel is there a chance they'll just no
    06-22-09 12:13 AM
    (as in one frozen pixel)

is there nothing i can do
    06-22-09 12:14 AM
    only thing you can do is return it. warranty will cover it if it's only been 2 weeks. you'll be without your berry for a little while though
    06-22-09 12:49 AM
    Check first before u head down , as far as I know some telco has a dead pixel policy.
    In order to get a exchange, need to have at least four or more dp then u be allowed to change for a new set

06-22-09 07:44 AM
    if i took my one frozen pixel to them in sted of exchanging it could they just unfreeze it???

sorry if i sound stupid
    06-22-09 10:49 AM
    What causes a frozen pixel ?

06-22-09 11:06 AM
    The PSP had problems with stuck pixels and someone came up with a looping video that cycled thru colors at high speed to try to unstick it. It worked but not in all cases.
    Maybe something like this will work here???
    06-22-09 12:26 PM
    if the person at the shop thinks my phone is fine and the pixels are too insignificant how much will it cost to repair
    06-25-09 01:29 PM
    Try this out
    go into Options
    type "test" without hyphens--> this will get you into the test menu, where you can perform various tests with your device
    1.you can either cycle through all of the tests, which incldues LED testing, audio testing, backlight test etc..
    2.skip directly to the screen backlight test by clicking on the trackball-->click on start-->click on Misc checkbox
    this will perform a few different tests before it goes into the backlight tests, which will cycle the device's screen through different colors Ie: red, green, blue etc. No guanratees that this will get rid of the dead pixel, but it will allow the screen to cycle through the mentioned colors in full screen mode.
    06-25-09 04:58 PM
    Try this out
    go into Options
    type "test" without hyphens--> this will get you into the test menu, where you can perform various tests with your device
    1.you can either cycle through all of the tests, which incldues LED testing, audio testing, backlight test etc..
    2.skip directly to the screen backlight test by clicking on the trackball-->click on start-->click on Misc checkbox
    this will perform a few different tests before it goes into the backlight tests, which will cycle the device's screen through different colors Ie: red, green, blue etc. No guanratees that this will get rid of the dead pixel, but it will allow the screen to cycle through the mentioned colors in full screen mode.
    are you sure about this?
    06-25-09 05:50 PM
    i cant find this in my blackberry bold options list
    06-25-09 05:53 PM
    be more firm, dead pixels are NOT okay. if one person tells you know, ask to talk to their supervisor or their manager. considering you've only had it for 2 weeks, it is quite clearly defective and should be covered under warranty. then again if you are using it with T-mobile.. i dunno
    06-25-09 08:56 PM
    Sory I missed a menu

Options-->status-->type "test"-->you will be in the test screen-->click the trackball-->click on start test-->follow my previous instructions.
    06-25-09 09:31 PM
    ahh i see i dont need it but i can confirm that it works. didnt however see a screen test
    06-25-09 09:42 PM
    Try this out
    go into Options
    Also, those aren't "hypens" they are quotation marks.
    06-25-09 10:07 PM
    i dont have the test option in my options screen, i sent my phone to t-mobile n they preety much sed they cant see any frozen pixels so ide like to do the backlight testing
    06-28-09 07:25 AM
    i cant find this in my blackberry bold options list
    06-28-09 07:26 AM
    Once in the options menu type the word "test", without the quotations
    06-28-09 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD