Just out of curiousity, anyone planning to get the white Bold when it comes out May 5th?
    04-25-10 05:34 PM
    I'll probably sell one of my black 9700s and grab one, they look amazing imo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-10 05:47 PM
    I was thinking about holding off on getting my 9700 to get the white one, but it just doesn't look so great in white.
    04-25-10 06:56 PM
    I think it's fantastic. I'm gonna take me one for sure!!
    And neoman-- it DOES look so great bud. The pics don't do it justice. Also--there won't be so many around. The people that wanted 9700s got them already. Now there will be some sold to a few people as new customers and a few to people who just like adding phones to their collections. Point being-- not too many people will be pulling out white 9700s and that's a good thing. :-)

04-25-10 08:03 PM
    I dunno, I looked at the new Curves, and I just don't like the white much. PLUS, my previous phone was white. But, to each his own, and the regardless of color, this phone is a sexy phone
    04-25-10 08:43 PM
    It looks fanastic, but I think I'd get tired of it pretty quickly and that's a problem for me anyway. If I had the money I'd spent on phones...
    04-25-10 09:46 PM
    I like it too but if I get one it would be for my fiancee to replace her white 8520. She wants/needs GPS navigation...

04-26-10 03:53 AM
    I'll be picking one up for my wife.....she just had to be different.

05-02-10 10:08 AM
    Im waiting for the white one! from carphone warehouse though on o2. wish i had a date. someone told me its out 2moro ..we will see think it looks really good in white!
    05-02-10 10:14 AM
    I just got my BB. I can still exchange it through May 12th. Hopefully the white 9700 gets released on the 5th but according to website it won't be actually out until the mid May.

05-02-10 12:13 PM
    I'm sticking with my black 9700. The white has 0% appeal to me. Now if it was rocking a deep blue, then that would be a whole different story.
    05-02-10 01:00 PM
    I'm sticking with my black 9700. The white has 0% appeal to me. Now if it was rocking a deep blue, then that would be a whole different story.
    A deep blue 9700 would be AWESOME!!!!
    05-02-10 02:58 PM
    I've been around the blackberry and around people who use blackberries for years. Its been my experience that the white blackberries are the ones that ladies or children or the "gangster" black/white/Asian individuals purchase. The ones with the shirts 6 sizes to big and the pants 8 inches to low. I'm a professional and as such I need a phone that reflects that. The black phone does just that, matches my suits and even blends in with my Marine Corp uniform, when i get an opportunity to use it while on duty. The white or colored phones just don't give me the look I enjoy and require for my jobs. Being an astrophysicist and brevetted "frocked" Major in the Marine Corp appearances is only slightly less important then ability. Black 9700 has given me functionality as well as appearances, double win
    05-02-10 03:38 PM
    I've been around the blackberry and around people who use blackberries for years. Its been my experience that the white blackberries are the ones that ladies or children or the "gangster" black/white/Asian individuals purchase. The ones with the shirts 6 sizes to big and the pants 8 inches to low. I'm a professional and as such I need a phone that reflects that. The black phone does just that, matches my suits and even blends in with my Marine Corp uniform, when i get an opportunity to use it while on duty. The white or colored phones just don't give me the look I enjoy and require for my jobs. Being an astrophysicist and brevetted "frocked" Major in the Marine Corp appearances is only slightly less important then ability. Black 9700 has given me functionality as well as appearances, double win
    Not necesarily true... I've seen higher up management at the US Treasury Department with colored Blackberrys, including white.
    05-02-10 03:53 PM
    Haha I'm not saying its 100% fact. Just saying a majority of what I've experienced is in my original post. I know some Navy officers who use white blackberries, again there uniforms are white a lot of the time so matches.

For me I couldn't use any other phone but black because I like the professional look it gives me with my wardrobe.

I guess it boils down to each his/her own. I just think they don't look as professional.

05-02-10 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD