I've searched around the forums & came up empty...my apologies if it has been addressed.

Just upgraded from the 8330m to 9650 and am not receiving any MMS messages. The settings show Multimedia Reception & Automatic Retrieval to "always" but none are coming thru from my sister, who is not on a BB and a different carrier. Then I tested from a Curve 8330m on Sprint and they all hang up with the clock icon

Any tips/hints?

TIA.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

UPDATE/ Work Around May 25,2010:
    I ended up calling Sprint and they had me use the Update Profile option which corrected part of the issue. Mind you, the problem was *only* when sending/receiving MMS messages with other Sprint customers.

I can now send/receive MMS messages with other Sprint customers ONLY if I go thru Media > Pictures. > Send/Share Using > MMS. If I go to SMS/MMS and "Compose MMS" then attach a picture/video, etc., the message appears have have been broadcast and sent out on the system but never actually goes through to the recipient.

I'm running the Bold 9650 since Thursday (5/20/2010) & figured it was device related until further testing on my BF's Curve 8330m which has the same issue. As of right now he can only send/receive MMS from other Sprint customers via the method I mentioned in the paragraph above. This was never an issue before my upgrading to my phone so I figured it was a device problem but neither of us have any problem sending or receiving MMS messages with people on any other carriers - we can go to "Compose MMS" and attach a picture which the recipient receives w/o issue.

So, the issue hasn't been "solved" but at least now the MMS functionality has been restored by using the method described above.

Sprint has no idea why this is happening.
    Last edited by NellieRose; 05-25-10 at 11:54 AM.
    05-21-10 03:57 PM
    As a follow-up I just sent a picture via MMS to a Curve 8330m and instead of the recipient receiving the picture via MMS as they usually do, they received an email saying I sent them Sprint PictureMail.

Any idea what's going on?

05-21-10 04:08 PM
    check your firewall settings. options>security options>firewall...make sure MMS isnt checked. if it is...uncheck it
    05-21-10 04:18 PM
    check your firewall settings. options>security options>firewall...make sure MMS isnt checked. if it is...uncheck it
    Thanks so much for responding. All options are unchecked w/ "0" blocked and the Firewall is "disabled".

Any other tips?

05-21-10 04:27 PM
    option>MMS...make sure multimedia reception and automatic retrieval are set to "always" and make sure nothing on under notifications are checked
    05-21-10 04:29 PM
    option>MMS...make sure multimedia reception and automatic retrieval are set to "always" and make sure nothing on under notifications are checked
    "sj-performance", again, thank you so much for trying to help me.

Under Options>MMS both of those settings are set to "Always", nothing is checked under notifications and the only things checked are both options in filtering to reject anonymous, etc.

What I also can't understand is why my Outgoing MMS to a fellow Sprint customer are arriving in in the email as Sprint PictureMail from my "@pm.sprint.com".

05-21-10 04:39 PM
    UPDATE:
    Oddly, I can send and receive MMS with non-Sprint mobile users.

As for MMS between Sprint users it is still a mystery. When a fellow Sprint user is sending to me the message hangs and appears to never make it out for delivery. When I am sending to another Sprint user it shows the message was sent with a check mark after the little broadcast type icon finishes but the recipient never receives anything. Yesterday other Sprint users would receive an email saying I sent them Sprint PictureMail from an "@pm.sprint.com" mail address.

So strange that only the inter-Sprint messages aren't getting through.

Looks like I'll have to call tech support, there's definitely a glitch somewhere.

05-22-10 08:47 AM
    Have you tried calling sprint cs?

What about re sending your servicebooks or just doing a battery pull?

Give those two a try.

05-22-10 11:26 AM

Give those two a try.

Hi eve6er69, it was after resending and a battery pull that I was able to get MMS functionality w/ non-Sprint users. I had just tried again in a last ditch effort before calling CS to see if it would work but no luck.

05-22-10 11:30 AM

Give those two a try.
    I finally gave in and called, they had me use the "Update Profile" feature which seemed to help only part of the issue. I've edited my original post to include the latest info. Again, thanks for your help!
    05-25-10 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD