I cant find it anywhere. Where the **** is it?

I also cant find where my Facebook application is. I installed it, and it shows that its installed in the Advanced Options -> Applications, but i dont know where i can run it
    08-24-08 10:05 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    Try Menu>Show All
    08-24-08 10:06 AM
    I have the same problem with orange but installed google map instead, works very well it even pinpoints me when i am indoors. you can also install the facebook app through the blackberry homepage in your browser.

Goodluck mate.
    08-24-08 10:08 AM
    I already tried the Show All. They still didnt show up. (Although it did show Call Log which was hidden by default; weird)

I will have to install google map
    08-24-08 10:10 AM
    installing google maps now
    08-24-08 10:12 AM
    The best part about my Bold is how I got it for $109.99 cause the lady at the counter didnt know the price so she just put it at $109.99.. im still so happy about that
    08-24-08 10:13 AM
    Well done, what a great price... now you have made everyone jealous!
    08-24-08 11:48 AM
    Hmm after quite a lot of reading, seems Maps is hidden not by an ALX file setting restricting the icon by vendor ID (as in pre 4.5 systems) but by Service Books (controlled by provider).

So if we want Maps, seems we're well and truly in need of Orange doing something directly.
    08-24-08 04:02 PM
    This will hopefully be one of the advantages of buying an unlocked model (once they are actually available!)... things like BB maps will be fully accessible.
    08-24-08 04:14 PM
    This will hopefully be one of the advantages of buying an unlocked model (once they are actually available!)... things like BB maps will be fully accessible.
    Yep true. At a guess it'll be available on O2, Vodafone, T-Mob & 3 as Orange has traditionally hidden BlackBerry Maps it seems.
    08-24-08 04:26 PM
    My network of choice is O2, but it is still of course possible that they, as well as some of the others you mentioned, might also decide to a bit of their own 'customising'.

That is one reason I would prefer to buy an independant unlocked Bold... but at the right price of course!

... and of course I want it ASAP!
    08-24-08 04:34 PM
    o2 doesnt ( or didn't) remove Blackberry Maps I had them on my Pearl.
    Last edited by Hazysky; 08-24-08 at 04:46 PM.
    08-24-08 04:43 PM
    o2 doesnt ( or didn't) remove Blackberry Maps I had them on my Pearl.
    Yeah O2 def don't block Maps - I had Maps on my Curve running 4.5 (on O2) before I moved to Orange for the Bold.

Oh well, got Google Maps at least for the time being. Still want BlackBerry Maps ultimately though... hopefully RIM will fix the OTA installer which fails at the moment.
    08-24-08 04:50 PM
    I got the Bold last night and BB Maps works fine....
    08-26-08 08:59 AM
    It would appear that it is mainly Orange customers in the UK who are experiencing problems (as Orange appear to have disabled the BB maps), so hopefully Rogers users in Canada are OK... it sounds as if you are anyway, which is good!
    08-26-08 09:04 AM
    it strikes me as almost criminal on the part of orange...

they advertised the phone as featuring gps and blackberry maps... i bought the phone partially on that basis.. then it turns out that it is orange who has disabled it.

does this constitute mis-selling?

i called orange who claimed that it was nothing to do with them, not their responsbility (despite advertising the features on their own website) and that it was RIM's issue.

it's no major biggy... but i reckon they must be on shakey legal ground with this one.
    08-26-08 02:05 PM
    False advertizing. In the US somebody would have sued them already (god bless us lol). Depends tho if orange offers its own 3rd party maps application for download. But that is definatly not a RIM issue as maps works fine on previous generation blackberries. It was my understanding that they [Orange] got rid of it because it eats up too much bandwith. ISN'T THAT THE REASON PEOPLE BOUGHT THE BOLD FOR? FAST WAY TO GET KB/s. That does seem very unfair of them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 02:34 PM
    As a Rogers customer I was surprised to see no maps. I called today, and found they had me on their $30 6GB plan for a general pda. Five or ten minutes after they corrected it to the 6GB BlackBerry plan, I found maps and a few more applications were available.
    08-26-08 03:09 PM
    so what is the solution for the map issue? have to get the plan in order to have the function? anybody can help me with this? Thanks a lot
    08-26-08 07:27 PM
    its great how everyone can get google maps to work on the BB whereas I can't. I'm still suck at 10 % once I start running it. I'm getting a little pi**ed off know. the guys at orange are a joke when it comes to asking questions and I'm having problems when it comes to getting BM off the website too.... someone please put me out of my misery and give me some pointers before I thought my BB against the wall
    08-27-08 06:46 AM
    I have the same problem. no maps icon and google maps doesn't work, just the same with you, stop at 10%
    08-27-08 11:56 AM
    The best part about my Bold is how I got it for $109.99 cause the lady at the counter didnt know the price so she just put it at $109.99.. im still so happy about that
    Hmmm. Robbers robbed. Well done. Have a cookie.
    08-27-08 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD