I'm looking for a downloadable copy of OS 5..0.0.330 that came installed on my 9700. I'm looking to do a possible update to the newer .344 and want to have a way to back out incase I'm not happy with the new leak.

Thanks.
    11-15-09 03:10 PM
    I'm looking for a downloadable copy of OS 5..0.0.330 that came installed on my 9700. I'm looking to do a possible update to the newer .344 and want to have a way to back out incase I'm not happy with the new leak.

Thanks.
    Well there is no file for .330 that can be downloaded. I'm sure T-Mobile will have it up a few days after the official release. If you upgrade to .344 and don't like it, plug the device into the Desktop Manager and select the "preferred download" and it will put T-Mobile's device software back on the device.
    11-15-09 05:27 PM
    Thanks for the info... Always something new to learn here.

Thanks again!

Well there is no file for .330 that can be downloaded. I'm sure T-Mobile will have it up a few days after the official release. If you upgrade to .344 and don't like it, plug the device into the Desktop Manager and select the "preferred download" and it will put T-Mobile's device software back on the device.
    11-15-09 05:44 PM
    Crucial - if one loads non-tmobile firmware onto a tmobile 9700, will you lose UMA access? From what I understand, there are tmobile specific configuration settings and certificates that are required - if you wipe the device with a new OS that doesn't come from tmo, will the phone still have what is required to access UMA?
    11-15-09 06:09 PM
    Crucial - if one loads non-tmobile firmware onto a tmobile 9700, will you lose UMA access? From what I understand, there are tmobile specific configuration settings and certificates that are required - if you wipe the device with a new OS that doesn't come from tmo, will the phone still have what is required to access UMA?

I'm not Crucial, but I don't think he'll mind me answering.

The answer is no, you will not lose UMA with non-T-Mobile firmware updates. The UMA settings are generally stored in the vendor customized area that is semi-permanently burned into your phone. I've loaded dozens of beta firmwares on my 8900, and UMA keeps working like a champ!
    11-15-09 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD