We are not in 2003 anymore....RIM, bring on the Dakota aka Magnum aka Montana!

But I will say that OS 6.0 looks promising.......
    Last edited by jonnyboy46; 01-14-11 at 01:09 PM. Reason: new pics leaked jan. 2011
    04-21-10 12:46 PM
    i hope we see something at WES...
    04-23-10 06:56 AM
    Magnum was sentenced to the cutting room floor. Dakota is on RIM lockdown and has been for a while along with Storm 3.
    jkannry likes this.
    04-24-10 12:08 PM
    Makes sense to me to shelve the Dakota, I mean take a look at these boards. Nobody is asking for a 9000 sized berry, but I've seen thousands of new threads of people wondering when the clam shell BlackBerry is going to come around. <Eyeroll> what a joke.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-10 12:48 PM
    Makes sense to me to shelve the Dakota, I mean take a look at these boards. Nobody is asking for a 9000 sized berry, but I've seen thousands of new threads of people wondering when the clam shell BlackBerry is going to come around. <Eyeroll> what a joke.

Dakota is not shelved, it's just on lockdown as far is info from RIM. At least that's what is being reported.
    04-24-10 06:54 PM
    Well, then that's good news. I try to stay away from the rumor mill, but got sucked in today. Haha

04-24-10 09:17 PM

Sorry but there are lots of people out there including myself that would jump all over a bold sized new phone with the latest processor , os 6.0 and webkit.

It would be BBs best seller , just ask Kevin if he prefers the 9700 or a bold sized phone running on 9700 specs/ffactor.

04-24-10 10:14 PM
    Sorry but there are lots of people out there including myself that would jump all over a bold sized new phone with the latest processor , os 6.0 and webkit.

It would be BBs best seller , just ask Kevin if he prefers the 9700 or a bold sized phone running on 9700 specs/ffactor.

Didn't notice the sarcasm, did you?
    04-24-10 10:48 PM
    Sheesh and I even typed out eyeroll too. Don't voddy yakmeistah...I am von of u!

04-25-10 06:45 AM
    I'm starting to doubt we'll ever see the Dakota/Magnum... Using my 9700 I'm hard pressed to see the usefulness of touch capability on such a small screen... On the Slider yeah, as it has the screen realestate... And even then... The touchpad is such a good pointing device - quick and precise - not sure I'd personally even want a touchscreen Bold at this point unless the screen grew larger (the the device would be more Pixi proportioned if not a Slider)

04-25-10 08:08 AM
    I'm starting to doubt we'll ever see the Dakota/Magnum... Using my 9700 I'm hard pressed to see the usefulness of touch capability on such a small screen... On the Slider yeah, as it has the screen realestate... And even then... The touchpad is such a good pointing device - quick and precise - not sure I'd personally even want a touchscreen Bold at this point unless the screen grew larger (the the device would be more Pixi proportioned if not a Slider)

Thats just what i was thinking too. I believe that is why they scrapped the magnum. That thing looked just like a Bold 9000 and I think RIM realized that putting out a small (2.5-2.75 inch???) touch screen of that size wouldn't benefit no one.

Man I remember CX saying this device would be a game changer. He knows what he's talking about and I believe him because that "magnum" didn't look like a game changer IMHO. If it doesn't look like the Pixi then it better be some different look for BB with some competitive specs to match. While I have faith though, I honestly stopped thinking about it. Its like waiting for Detox by Dr. Dre lol. I've waited so long that you can just wake me up when there's actual real news to report on it
    04-26-10 01:47 AM
    Dakota is still a work in progress, and is RIM's best kept secret. They don't wanna leak any info on it because this one has a couple of things of its own, like liquid lens technology for the camera. That'll be the first one to have it.

Here are the release dates for new devices we know off:

1) 9100/9650
    2) Clamshell
    3) Slider
    4) Storm 3
    5) Dakota

In between those there will be the additional CDMA or GSM versions of the 1st one released, but that's the order of the "newer" models. Outside of those, I have no clue what RIM is plotting these days.
    04-26-10 02:47 AM
    Dakota is still a work in progress, and is RIM's best kept secret. They don't wanna leak any info on it because this one has a couple of things of its own, like liquid lens technology for the camera. That'll be the first one to have it.

1) 9100/9650
    2) Clamshell
    3) Slider
    4) Storm 3
    5) Dakota

In between those there will be the additional CDMA or GSM versions of the 1st one released, but that's the order of the "newer" models. Outside of those, I have no clue what RIM is plotting these days.
    Any idea of the actual release date on the 9670 Clamshell?
    04-26-10 06:28 AM
    Any idea of the actual release date on the 9670 Clamshell?
    The beautiful Clamshell should be out by the end of summer. As far as an exact release date, we don't have one yet since not even Verizon or RIM have it set in stone.

For some weird reason I want one of those.
    04-26-10 10:47 AM

1) 9100/9650
    2) Clamshell
    3) Slider
    4) Storm 3
    5) Dakota

Good News! Thanks for the clarification, Sal.
    04-26-10 11:07 AM
    The beautiful Clamshell should be out by the end of summer. As far as an exact release date, we don't have one yet since not even Verizon or RIM have it set in stone.

For some weird reason I want one of those.
    Thanks Sal for the heads-up....I'll probably settle for the 9650 for now...
    04-26-10 11:41 AM
    Ha ha yeah that definitely is RIM's best kept secret. I'm starting to think its close to the second coming of jesus lol.

So sal......what do u think it will look like. I said in my previous post that I think it would look somethin like the palm pixi. That magnum prototype looked just like the bold 9000 so I'm kinda glad they scrapped it.
    04-26-10 01:18 PM
    if rim fails to implent the 9000's design on the next true bold successor, i will be disappointed. i will not buy it. the dakota is just fiction for now. i don't think anything about it will pop out this year. 2011 is more likely when we hear something about it from rim.
    04-26-10 05:16 PM
    I just want something 9000-sized that can run 6.0...please.
    04-27-10 11:33 AM

1) 9100/9650
    2) Clamshell
    3) Slider
    4) Storm 3
    5) Dakota

As I recall, Alejandro, you said months ago that the Dakota was about to drop, lol.
    04-27-10 12:06 PM
    STILL no Dakota?

I am jonesing for leaked info on this bad boy.
    04-28-10 11:09 AM
    Was hoping that they would at least tease us @ WES.
    04-28-10 02:57 PM
    they DID tease us... by not showing it off... LOL
    04-28-10 03:26 PM

I beg to differ on the comment about the usefulness of a small touch screen. Sure, and you're definately not going to read any ebooks on it, but it's not supposed to be an iphone. I used to have a SE P1i, and being able to use the touchscreen made it superbly functional.
    04-28-10 04:18 PM
    They could find some way to make the screen a little bigger on the Dakota. Like this speculative photoshop of the Magnum from last year that I found, which made me laugh out loud:

04-29-10 08:33 AM
238 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD