I am in St. Louis, MO and I am looking for a Bold. If there is any kind soul in Canada who will pick one up an mail to me, I will pay for everything (cost,taxes,shipping,and even some money for gas). I really want one, but can't afford to lose my life savings on eBay for one.

If you'd be willing to help, please email or PM me.

Thanks,

Pat
    Patrickmdunn at gmail dot com
    08-27-08 11:35 AM
    i think if you even find anyone, after ''cost,taxes,shipping,and even some money for gas" you would be better off buying it off ebay or another site.
    08-27-08 01:28 PM
    i think if you even find anyone, after ''cost,taxes,shipping,and even some money for gas" you would be better off buying it off ebay or another site.
    Cause after cost ($599), taxes ($50+), shipping ($15), and money for gas ($4)... if your calculator says $880 USD (cheapest price on Ebay as of August 27th), I think you need to invest in a new calculator. Cause my calculator says the total cost is $668. That equals a $212 savings versus buying on eBay. And that doesn't even include the currency conversion from USD to CAD.

You wouldn't happen to be selling Blackberry Bolds on Ebay, would you?
    08-27-08 04:44 PM
    ...that doesn't even include the currency conversion from USD to CAD.

lol, you actualy gain a couple percent in the exchange. Close to par:

US$ = 1.0468 CAD 8/27 close
    You are in luck, there are a couple regular users that have been scowering the Canadian stores for Bolds.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/so-...hip-u-s-64732/
    08-27-08 06:31 PM
    Check this thread theres a few friendly members in Canada willing to pick up and send you a Bold.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/so-...hip-u-s-64732/

send tacsniper a PM and he'll give you the information you need. You should note tho that since last week Robbers [Rogers] has raised the no contract price of the bold by $50 so their estimates will be off by that much.
    08-27-08 06:34 PM
    08-27-08 06:35 PM
    damn Reed ninja'd me.
    It appears as if theres alotta way to get your hands on one tho.
    08-27-08 06:42 PM
    Cause after cost ($599), taxes ($50+), shipping ($15), and money for gas ($4)... if your calculator says $880 USD (cheapest price on Ebay as of August 27th), I think you need to invest in a new calculator. Cause my calculator says the total cost is $668. That equals a $212 savings versus buying on eBay. And that doesn't even include the currency conversion from USD to CAD.

You wouldn't happen to be selling Blackberry Bolds on Ebay, would you?
    hahaha... ya you got me....i didnt think shipping would be so cheap.
    08-28-08 01:28 AM
    i think the bold went up from 599 to 649... not too sure though.

taxes varies by province(state).

shipping varies by company and exactly what kind of shipping... overnight etc. also, most people don't know where to to get cheap/good shipping. cheapest i would see shipping a parcel to the states for is bout $20-$25

shipping insurance too...

whether the person wants some extra money for doing this or not.

it'll still should work out cheaper than ebay, but prices will vary based on the above factors. plus right now,.... people are selling pre released models so ebay without letting the buyer know. so ebay is a bit risky right now.
    08-28-08 01:41 AM
    I am in St. Louis, MO and I am looking for a Bold. If there is any kind soul in Canada who will pick one up an mail to me, I will pay for everything (cost,taxes,shipping,and even some money for gas). I really want one, but can't afford to lose my life savings on eBay for one.

If you'd be willing to help, please email or PM me.

Thanks,

Pat
    Patrickmdunn at gmail dot com
    PM HAS BEEN SENT
    08-28-08 10:37 AM
    I really wanted to go this route and looked into it but it was just far more than I wanted to spend. I live in Portland OR and I am tempted to take the train to CA and get one myself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-08 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD