Hey guys im really thinking about buying a BB bold , but i wanna make sure i can get a fully working one so this is why i'm looking to buy a BB bold with warranty ,

I live in Canada ( Quebec if it matter ) and i was wondering where is the best place to buy one with a warranty ?

Best place so far is puremobile.ca with a 2 years warranty it would cost me 760$ CAN . So i was wondering if anyone did business with them ? and does the warranty really worth it ? (90/2 years) :www puremobile.ca/itemdesc.asp?ic=203-1010

I think its all for now , if i have other question ill edit my post .

Thanks in advance for the reply and my apologies for typos , English is my second language .
    07-02-09 08:00 AM
    google chosenmobile they have it for cheaper

save some money
    07-02-09 08:45 AM
    google chosenmobile they have it for cheaper

save some money
    Wow 630$ CAN after conversion and thats with a 4 years instead of 2 , i emailed them asking them if the warranty work even if i live in Canada , if the answers is yes then ill probably buy it from them big thanks for the saving (140$CAN)

PS: Which one should i choose ? AT&T unlocked / T-Mobile Unlocked / or simply UNLOCKED ( I heard depending of the carrier quality may varies , thats why i ask)
    PS#2 its says unlocked for the 3 of them so the only difference is where its been made and the company logo on the phone itself right ?

EDIT : Damn they are shipping with ups.. aka ****load of customs fees ..i probably won't save that much after all .. , if someone from canada bough from them would you mind telling me an estimates customs fee ?
    Last edited by LunarStrain; 07-02-09 at 09:18 AM.
    07-02-09 09:14 AM
    Anyone got any other ideas ?
    07-03-09 10:16 AM
    Anyone got any other ideas ?
    Why not just buy one from Rogers? That way, if you need to make a warranty claim, you can walk in to a store and deal with a real person.
    07-03-09 10:49 AM
    I say go with one from Rogers. It's your best bet with all your warranty problems.
    07-03-09 10:55 AM
    ...1yr Rogers warranty vs 4yr Warranty?

Although I like the ease of going to rogers and getting the swap, the 4 yr warranty sounds too good to pass up.

I'd speak with some people who've actually UTILIZED the 4yr warranty. Is it a 1 shot deal or unlimited repairs/replacements within the 4 yrs?
    07-03-09 03:30 PM
    I'm just wondering WHO keeps the same phone for 4 years?
    07-03-09 04:54 PM
    No question, the smart choice is to buy it from Rogers with their 1 year warranty. The logic of the extended warranty, that a small premium will insure that hardware that has already proven itself for one year, will continue to work for several years.

Your only other options, buy it directly from Research in Motion. They will honour the warranty.
    07-03-09 05:04 PM
    You can get a sealed one from anywhere (I got mine off of Craigslist, first a Bold then 8900...). call Rogers and ask to have the IMEI# added to your account. They will do it.

To be honest they would probably add a used device as well. Both times I called I was never asked to fax a receipt or anything. The first time I had proof of purchase, the second I did not. The guy asked me, "You sure the phone is legit?" I said, yes of course, I got it sealed.
    07-03-09 05:14 PM
    Sorry for the big delay with reply ,i thought i subscribed to the Thread notification , anyway i don't want a 3 years contracts thats why i wanted to buy it from somewhere else than rogers (i could buy it from them without contract but that be 730$ after taxes :S

As from buying it from RIM i would but i don't see how.. would someone point out where i could buy it ? seriously i looked on their websites and i can't find ..

Meanwhile ill try to get some info about the chosenmobile 4yrs warranty ..
    Thanks again for your opinions

- Danny
    07-06-09 07:41 AM
    id buy from rogers a carriers warranty is always sound
    07-06-09 07:50 AM
    Just got an email from chosen mobile The Warranty only work in the US .

At Pure mobile it would cost me 755$ with 2 years warranty ,

Rogers would be 730$ with 1 years .. how much is the extended warranty ?
    PS: Can i buy a rogers Bold with warranty even if im not going to activate my phone with them? (Ill go ask a store nearby when i got time but if anyone can answers before :P thats would be nice)
    07-06-09 06:59 PM
    your not going to use rogers in canada? im assuming fido?
    07-06-09 07:03 PM
    your not going to use rogers in canada? im assuming fido?
    Exactly (Well theres 99.99% chance )
    07-07-09 03:03 AM
    ...if you buy a Rogers phone, I don't think it will work with Fido. I'm not 100% sure, but I think Rogers phones are locked only to Rogers...even though they own Fido....
    07-07-09 12:32 PM
    ...if you buy a Rogers phone, I don't think it will work with Fido. I'm not 100% sure, but I think Rogers phones are locked only to Rogers...even though they own Fido....
    I Could unlock it..idk if it will void the warranty :S anyway ill just go and ask them i guess thats the best way to get the answers :P
    07-07-09 02:54 PM
    I've literally owned over 50 (way over) Blackberrys which were bought second-hand. I've never had an issue with any of them which would have me needing a warranty claim. Besides... it's not a car. Fully check out the device before buying it, make sure nothing's loose or been tinkered with. It'll be fine.
    07-07-09 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD