Crackberry should find, list and consolidate a few sources for users to buy unlocked, unbranded BlackBerry handsets.
    Possibly a website, online store offering the best price - best deal, full packaging, any original extras that ship in the box, etc etc. In short, the best place to get the hand set, considering all the angles.

I am looking to buy a new Bold 9700, unlocked and unbranded(no logos) in GSM format. If anyone has a tried and tested seller, please do let me know. So far the promising are the following links:

NEW BLACKBERRY 9700 BOLD 2 BLACK UNLOCKED WIFI GPS PDA | eBay

Amazon.com: BlackBerry Bold 9700 - Smartphone - 3G - WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM - QWERTY - BlackBerry OS - black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Help would be appreciated.
    08-07-11 01:58 PM
    Crackberry is a forum for users of BB, iphone and andoid devices. They have a specific forum called the Market Place where members with a minimum of 100 posts may advertise items for sale or items they wiuld like to buy. The purpose of CB is for users of different platforms to come together and share information, ask questions and seek assistance for problems. For CB to sponsor outside vendors would create the potential for additional liability in the evnt a user made a purchase from a vendor that CB may have approved. It takes one bad transaction and then the finger pointing begins.

I would like to think that most users that come to CB looking for a device to purchase would first look at ebay, kijiji or other similar classified.
    08-07-11 02:08 PM
    Marketplace - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

The place to ask about selling or buying.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-11 02:09 AM
    Thanks very much for the info. Appreciate it
    08-08-11 08:24 PM
    Okay. More confusion.
    There's several sellers, both on Ebay and Amazon, claiming their items to be 'OEM'. Which is the same as buying directly from RIM (unbranded, unlocked).
    However, both seller have different package contents. The packaging on stero-headphones, charger, usb cable, battery etc doesn't have the BlackBerry barcode sticker on it either.
    Both are priced similarly around 320 or so, but both have a completely differnt appraoch. The ebayer top-rated seller is terming the pouch, headphones, and data cable to be FREE GIFTS. Wth? When we buy a phone with its packagin, we buy this stuff too.

Does anyone know, what an actual OEM BlackBerry 9700 box would contain? A brief description possibly for what to look for when buying an 'unlocked, unbranded' 9700? Thank you very much.
    08-11-11 02:01 PM
    I have asked the ebay store about my reservations, but it's still confusing. Amazon however, has picture of both new AND used phones. Some branded at&t, t-mobile, some not. so i'm hestitant about taking my chances with them for now.
    08-11-11 02:03 PM
    I have asked the ebay store about my reservations, but it's still confusing. Amazon however, has picture of both new AND used phones. Some branded at&t, t-mobile, some not. so i'm hestitant about taking my chances with them for now.
    If possible, buy it directly from research in motion, from the blackberry website, or from a blackberry store directly. Don't get fooled or ripped off. Don't risk it.

08-11-11 02:08 PM
    If possible, buy it directly from research in motion, from the blackberry website, or from a blackberry store directly. Don't get fooled or ripped off. Don't risk it.

My point exactly. Do you have a link to their website, where they sell it directly? I've done all the homework and I couldn't find such a place where they sell directly. The most direct they can sell you an unlocked phone is through amazon. Amazon now has severel different online stores selling the darn thing (which I wouldn't rely upon)

If you have an authentic seller/link/page/whatever, please do let me I'll check it out. PM me if can't post openly.

Thanks.

P.S I'm looking to get as close as I can to a 'sealed box'. With original packaging, and accessories from RIM.
    08-11-11 02:16 PM
    Ahem! *clears throat*
    08-13-11 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD