Can I get some help on when you set your browser to Hotspot. It seems that even when it is set to Blackberry that it works in a wifi area, so I'm not sure what the difference is between Hotspot and Blackberry settings.

Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-10 08:25 PM
    Does the Wifi area also have a good 3G signal? I'm sure to be corrected if I'm wrong but I believe the hotspot browser uses the wifi signal and the internet browser uses the 3G signal, both exclusively.

Okay I'm going to amend this. I've now ran with wifi on and mobile network off and vise versa. It seems that either browser configuration works in either environment. Or, finding that the default browser had no signal, automatically switches to the other. In fact that seems to be the case, as I have my wifi off now and have the hotspot browser set as default. When clicking a link, there is a delay which I guess is trying to find Wifi, then the page loads. Changing default back to internet browser removes this delay.
    Last edited by skyboxer; 06-06-10 at 10:48 PM.
    06-06-10 10:26 PM
    Can I get some help on when you set your browser to Hotspot. It seems that even when it is set to Blackberry that it works in a wifi area, so I'm not sure what the difference is between Hotspot and Blackberry settings.

Any suggestions?

When on hotspot browser you are using BIS through wifi only. When on the blackberry browser you are using BIS through bb browser and wifi if you have that on.
    06-07-10 07:57 AM
    When on hotspot browser you are using BIS through wifi only. When on the blackberry browser you are using BIS through bb browser and wifi if you have that on.
    Hey thanks. So if I am in a wifi area, are you saying the optimal setting is having the browser set to "Blackberry?"

Then when (if ever) is a good time to set the browser to "Hotspot?"
    06-07-10 08:50 AM
    It really depends on your OS. For the storm2, there are 2 OS (320 and 607) that changes the browser automatically when leaving a wifi connection is not there so if there is an OS that does that then you can leave it on the hotspot browser all the time. I usually leave mine's on (hotspot browser) at work and at home and leave the wifi on all the time. No real battery drain from it
    06-07-10 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD