I was just wondering, is that "application memory"? If so, why does it keep going down even though I only download one application at a time?

Thank you!
    07-07-10 12:18 AM
    I believe that it is the free application memory. It should go down depending on the size of the application you are downloading
    07-07-10 02:27 AM
    Yes, it's application memory, and it will go down whenever you install a new app as well as just during daily use. The app memory is also used as RAM by apps, and theoretically the memory they use when running should be freed up and added back to the amount of available memory when you close the app, but this all depends on the app itself and how well it interacts with the OS, as well as how well the OS itself manages memory also.
    07-07-10 01:12 PM
    Oh I see! I had 44, and then downloaded 5 apps... now it's down to 35. Not bad I guess?

Thank you both!
    07-07-10 05:18 PM
    yeah, not bad !

Anytime
    07-08-10 06:47 AM
    Oh I see! I had 44, and then downloaded 5 apps... now it's down to 35. Not bad I guess?

Thank you both!
    You are doing pretty good for a Bold 9000. Mine is usually half of that.
    07-08-10 08:03 AM
    If anyone else is willing to check this my understanding is that the number displayed
    in App World is you File Free (Options > Status) MINUS the amount of memory you
    have reserved as Device Memory Limit (My case = File Free 110mb, Device Memory
    Limit 5mb = App World Display = 105mb). For me it has always followed this format.

Keep in mind that your file free fluctuates throughout the day with general use.
    07-08-10 01:28 PM
    If anyone else is willing to check this my understanding is that the number displayed
    in App World is you File Free (Options > Status) MINUS the amount of memory you
    have reserved as Device Memory Limit (My case = File Free 110mb, Device Memory
    Limit 5mb = App World Display = 105mb). For me it has always followed this format.

Keep in mind that your file free fluctuates throughout the day with general use.
    Yup I' believe that is exactly how it works. I've always monitored my memory and its always been exactly 5 MB off, so I always assumed that is why its like that.
    07-08-10 01:43 PM
    Yup I' believe that is exactly how it works. I've always monitored my memory and its always been exactly 5 MB off, so I always assumed that is why its like that.
    Thanks for confirming that. Seems logical that it AppWorld would lose that 5mb
    as it can't in any way access memory that is reserved.
    07-08-10 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD