Many of us have received the Bold from Walmart/Let's Talk for free; either for 99 cents or $99 with a rebate for the same amount. I do not know what they are offering this week and the price also depends on where you live, but I would check it out.

Check out here for Walmart: Walmart.com: Electronics: Cell Phones from Nokia, LG & Motorola, Blackberry, Bluetooth Headsets, Prepaid Phones, Family Plans from T Mobile, Sprint & Verizon

and here for Let's Talk directly: Free Wireless Cell Phones with Plans from AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless | LetsTalk.com

Understand if you buy from Walmart, you are really buying from Let's Talk as they handle the phones for Walmart.
    07-30-09 10:09 PM
    Many of us have received the Bold from Walmart/Let's Talk for free; either for 99 cents or $99 with a rebate for the same amount. I do not know what they are offering this week and the price also depends on where you live, but I would check it out.

Check out here for Walmart: Walmart.com: Electronics: Cell Phones from Nokia, LG & Motorola, Blackberry, Bluetooth Headsets, Prepaid Phones, Family Plans from T Mobile, Sprint & Verizon

and here for Let's Talk directly: Free Wireless Cell Phones with Plans from AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless | LetsTalk.com

Understand if you buy from Walmart, you are really buying from Let's Talk as they handle the phones for Walmart.
    And if you do buy from one of these sites, if you are upgrading make sure the line you are upgrading is the primary line if on a family plan.
    07-30-09 10:12 PM
    Thanks for the responses. I've noticed the catch with these 3rd parties are that you're required to have a certain plan (usally a higher-end one) for a certain period of time. An individual plan at 450 minutes is plenty enough for me, but I guess I'll have to pay the new customer price for it ($399 for Bold, $270 for Tour upfront or without MIR).
    07-31-09 12:35 AM
    Thanks for the responses. I've noticed the catch with these 3rd parties are that you're required to have a certain plan (usally a higher-end one) for a certain period of time. An individual plan at 450 minutes is plenty enough for me, but I guess I'll have to pay the new customer price for it ($399 for Bold, $270 for Tour upfront or without MIR).
    There was no catch when I bought my Bold. There may be a catch if you order online, but that wasn't the case in the store. My plan never changed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 05:56 AM
    And speaking of VW, what's up with VW Blackberrys not having WiFi? VW has always been controlling to me. With there regular phones all having the same VW OS and this WiFi thing as well.

07-31-09 06:04 AM
    Question is, why a Tour? Its a repackaged 8900 with no wifi on a terrible network. Yes, terrible!

My Bold is the New York Yankees compared to Verizons Washington Nationals Tour. No competition. Get the real deal sir.

07-31-09 06:11 AM
    Question is, why a Tour? Its a repackaged 8900 with no wifi on a terrible network. Yes, terrible!

My Bold is the New York Yankees compared to Verizons Washington Nationals Tour. No competition. Get the real deal sir.

For my needs, I'm looking for a "mid-level" BB that supports 3G. I live/work in an area that has equal coverage from both AT&T and Verizon so ultimately it comes down to which phone I prefer. I don't know if I need Wifi, as I'm rarely in a place that supports it other than home/work. I don't plan on streaming audio/videos or large downloads on the phone either.
    07-31-09 08:26 AM
    not a horrible price me thinks

07-31-09 12:25 PM
    Vzw or Sprint for 3G? Barely.

07-31-09 12:29 PM
    I just got another Bold and it was free. Off the ATT site

07-31-09 12:32 PM
    To the OP...check out wireless.amazon.com... You can get the Bold for $150 (2yr contract upgrade)
    as of sat., 8/8/09: renewal price = $125, new acct. = $50 for the Bold. now THAT's a bargain!
    08-08-09 05:33 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD