On AT&T's site, they want $399 for it. Every store I go to it's $299+.

Trying to choose between the Tour and the Bold.
    07-29-09 09:57 PM
    Bold is not current. I'd go for the Tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 09:59 PM

Really? That's dumb last time I checked the site it was 299 weird and if you can I would go with the tour since its a combo of the bold and curve in terms of look and keyboard plus the better app memory than the bold

07-29-09 10:01 PM
    Really? That's dumb last time I checked the site it was 299 weird and if you can I would go with the tour since its a combo of the bold and curve in terms of look and keyboard plus the better app memory than the bold

What do you mean app memory?

Do you mean how the bold has 128 and tour/curve 2 has 256?

what is the app memory for?
    07-29-09 10:26 PM
    What do you mean app memory?

Do you mean how the bold has 128 and tour/curve 2 has 256?

what is the app memory for?
    The app memory is allocated for the use of apps lol whatever apps you have open its using that memory to function

07-29-09 10:29 PM

What she said.
    07-29-09 10:30 PM
    The app memory is allocated for the use of apps lol whatever apps you have open its using that memory to function

ok.... so basically the app memory is like ram on a cpu?

gotcha now thannks
    07-29-09 10:37 PM
    I personally like the wifi availability of the bold. Tour does not have wifi. I live and work in a non 3g area so it is crucial. So it really depends on what you need.
    07-29-09 10:38 PM

Are both those prices including the $100 rebate?

07-29-09 10:49 PM
    I just bought the Bold because I want wifi, and I don't have 3G. If you have great 3G service, you could go for the Tour.
    07-29-09 10:59 PM

Bold is 3g/gsm and Tour is CDMA. They run on different technologies and different carriers. Tour also has no wifi.
    07-29-09 11:39 PM
    FYI, Tour from Spring (not Verizon) has a sim card slot and can run internationally
    07-30-09 02:24 AM
    I bought mine for $300AUD NIB. Everything working. I guess I got a good deal from a friend who was selling a few hundred of them :P
    07-30-09 02:28 AM

The Bold is still the flagship of the BB line. Without wifi, one could easily say the Tour is not "current." I would never buy a phone w/o wifi today, regardless of how good my 3G or CDMA service might be. So I would never buy the Tour.
    07-30-09 05:41 AM
    Does the Tour have 3G on the GSM radio, or is it EDGE only? I know the CDMA is EVDO Rev. A, but I thought the GSM side was still edge. But I admit I haven't even looked at the official specs.

07-30-09 07:28 AM
    Does the Tour have 3G on the GSM radio, or is it EDGE only? I know the CDMA is EVDO Rev. A, but I thought the GSM side was still edge. But I admit I haven't even looked at the official specs.

I'm not sure either, but if it's like the 9530...it's 3G GSM is only at 2100 mhz. This would mean it would only get 3G internationally, since 3G on GSM in the United States is 850 and 1900 mhz.
    07-30-09 07:32 AM
    I just bought a Bold from Walmart, yes I know, Walmart. I hated to buy it from there, but I only paid $148.99 for it! That's with new service or a 2 yr upgrade which I got. I originally wanted the new Curve 8900, but Walmart didn't carry it yet at my store, so I went for the Bold.

AT&T also wants $200 after mail in rebate for the 8900. About a month or less ago they wanted $150 after rebate, so they've went up on the 8900 as well.

I don't have 3G around here yet either, so the WiFi on my Bold helps out a lot.
    07-30-09 08:13 AM
    Right. I'm really annoyed by this price increase. I really want the bold (mainly for the awesome keyboard) but am unwilling to shell out $300. I tried to buy it through Amazon Wireless, but my upgrade was rejected. I'm currently on a family line (i'm not the primary account) so i think this is the problem.

Now if i go to Best Buy, Radioshack, or Walmart, I can buy the phone in the store for a lower price, correct? Anybody know of any good deals going on currently?
    07-30-09 09:34 AM
    Right. I'm really annoyed by this price increase. I really want the bold (mainly for the awesome keyboard) but am unwilling to shell out $300. I tried to buy it through Amazon Wireless, but my upgrade was rejected. I'm currently on a family line (i'm not the primary account) so i think this is the problem.

Now if i go to Best Buy, Radioshack, or Walmart, I can buy the phone in the store for a lower price, correct? Anybody know of any good deals going on currently?
    Yes, buying it through a 3rd party place like Best Buy or Walmart will work. They're authorized resellers for AT&T, VW, etc... I can't seem to find the Bold on Walmart's site, but trust me that it's better to go to a store than to order online. I also have a family plan as well, and it's confusing as **** to order it online like that. My Walmart had the Bold for $148.99.

I was like you to start with, I didn't know how buying it through someone else would work either, but trust me it does. I talked to a Sales Manager on the phone at AT&T this week, trying to get the price down, and he told me it's cool to buy from a 3rd party. I had to take my new Bold to an AT&T store yesterday and get the Internet service fixed, the guy at Walmart didn't quite set it up right, and an AT&T sales guy asked me what I paid for it. I told him $148.99. He was shocked, but said that Walmart can lower the prices like that on them and they can't for some reason. All AT&T cares about it is your service, that's all they want. Best Buy, Walmart, and the like make more money with just selling the phones, so they lower the price to sell more phones. That's just my thoughts on it though.
    Last edited by AClayeJ; 07-30-09 at 01:44 PM.
    07-30-09 01:34 PM
    Any BB's Coming Out with a screen As Big As The Bold or Similar...... I'm starting not to like all of this Compactness
    07-30-09 01:42 PM
    FYI, Tour from Spring (not Verizon) has a sim card slot and can run internationally
    The verizon tour has a SIM card as well.
    07-30-09 02:00 PM
    man if u want a device with everything on it Bold is the one for u. tour doesnt have wifi.. thats kinda lame, u dont have to worry about discontinuing the data plan as Bold have wifi and u still will be able to use the internet if u dont have BIS ...
    07-30-09 05:43 PM
    Well...managed to beat AT&T another way. So stupid, but hey, i'll take a new bold for $50 :-)
    07-30-09 08:30 PM

Is this a serious post? The Bold still has a faster processor then the Tour with 3G/GSM and WiFi to boot, which is why it is still the flagship BB.

To the OP...check out wireless.amazon.com... You can get the Bold for $150 (2yr contract upgrade) with these small stipulations:

$250 Equipment Discount Terms and Conditions

The purchase price of your device reflects an equipment discount of $250 per device that has been provided to you by AmazonWireless based on your agreement to (a) activate a new, or extend an existing, line of service in connection with this device, and (b) maintain this service with the selected rate plan in good standing for a minimum of 181 consecutive days.

By accepting this equipment discount, you agree that for a period of 181 days after your new equipment is activated, you will not:

* disconnect this line of service
    * change your service plan to one with a lower monthly rate (e.g.: from $59.99 to $29.99)
    * cancel required plan options such as BlackBerry or PDA/Smartphone data features
    * fail to pay your balance due each month

If you do any of the above you will be subject to additional charges by AmazonWireless of up to $250 per device, plus applicable taxes.

Just bought my sister an 8900 for $50 through wireless.amazon
    07-30-09 09:13 PM

I just bought the BOLD on Amazon for $50. Had the Tour for 2 weeks and I returned it for the Bold...been with Verizon for FOREVER too. SEEEE YAAAA BIG RED!
    07-30-09 09:16 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD