I'm looking to get an 8GB card for my 9700 and have pretty much narrowed it down to Sandisk class 2 or Kingston class 4. After very little searching I have found both for $16.

Does anybody have any experience with either of these? Any lag with video?

Also, if anybody has anything good to say about another brand I'd be open to hearing it.

Thanks
    06-13-10 12:48 AM
    Both are fine and will perform the same.

They are both excellent brands. The class is irrelevant when used in cell phones.
    06-13-10 01:00 AM
    I would say scandisk I have one its pretty good no problems

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 01:17 AM
    I would say scandisk I have one its pretty good no problems
    I have 4 16gb cards from both manufacturers and I can assure there is no
    performance difference between the two manufacturers. They are both very
    good and trouble free.
    06-13-10 02:01 AM
    Both SanDisk and Kingston are very good makes.

The higher the Class, the higher the write (record) speed. This makes it faster to copy things to the card.

Read speed is not so important in the phone (how much faster can you play an MP3?) but it makes a difference copying stuff off the card to your PC. It makes a small difference when displaying pictures too.

My advice would be to buy the biggest card you can afford and if you buy SanDisk, buy the Retail Packaged version (it's a bit more money) because this is sold directly by SanDisk and is therefore warranteed by them. SanDisk card marked "Bulk" are the same cards but sold by SanDisk, in bulk - surprise, to OEMs who package and sell them and then your guarantee is with the OEM seller.
    06-13-10 06:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD