I use whatsapp to communicate with two close lady friends. One of them, however, always seems to know when I am communicating with the other person. I don't think she can read my messages to the other person but she always messages me with "Talking with so and so right now? when I am indeed communicating with the other person, which evidently means my whatsapp account has been compromised or she has some kind of spyware and I don't know how it works or where it's installed.
    Has anybody else experienced this and /or does anybody know what to do about it? Is there a setting in the BB 9900 to overcome this?
    Thanks for the assistance.
    Peter
    06-09-12 12:37 PM
    I use whatsapp to communicate with two close lady friends. One of them, however, always seems to know when I am communicating with the other person. I don't think she can read my messages to the other person but she always messages me with "Talking with so and so right now? when I am indeed communicating with the other person, which evidently means my whatsapp account has been compromised or she has some kind of spyware and I don't know how it works or where it's installed.
    Has anybody else experienced this and /or does anybody know what to do about it? Is there a setting in the BB 9900 to overcome this?
    Peter
    yes, it's called 'honesty'..

look it up.
    emtunc likes this.
    06-09-12 12:38 PM

look it up.
    That's so helpful. Thanks

OP, are you sure the other two aren't talking to each other? I've never heard about this before, and I've been using WhatsApp for at least 2.5 years now. Also, have you ever messaged one person by mistake? I've had this happen when I didn't check which chat window was already open, and when my scrolling was slow and opened the wrong chat.
    06-09-12 12:49 PM
    r u sure they are not one ?
    06-09-12 05:24 PM
    Dude, when you gonna learn? They just know. Don't ask me how. They have some kind of chick radar going on. For example, I came home at 0400 smelling like the same perfume two nights in the same week and my wife knew something was up. It's uncanny I tell you.
    06-09-12 06:59 PM
    Omg!!!
    This should be the most hillarious thread ever.
    06-09-12 07:33 PM

look it up.
    It's a phone forum - he's not asking for relationship advice, or seek approval for how he chooses to live his life.

OP: only thing I can think of is that whatsapp will say either 'online', 'last seen at xx:xx' or 'typing'. Chic 1 should only see 'typing' if you're typing to her, but she may well see 'online' and make a guess that you might be chatting with chic 2. I doubt it's anymore than that!
    peter046 likes this.
    06-09-12 08:08 PM
    It's a phone forum - he's not asking for relationship advice, or seek approval for how he chooses to live his life.

OP: only thing I can think of is that whatsapp will say either 'online', 'last seen at xx:xx' or 'typing'. Chic 1 should only see 'typing' if you're typing to her, but she may well see 'online' and make a guess that you might be chatting with chic 2. I doubt it's anymore than that!

This..i also couldnt think of any other thing happening.

Sent from my Tool not the 'Toy'
    peter046 likes this.
    06-09-12 08:30 PM
    i think its similar to bbm. when you are typing to a person it will show "john is typing a message" regardless of whom the receiver is.
    peter046 likes this.
    06-10-12 12:23 AM
    I wouldn't be posting this online if I was worried about someone else viewing it lmao. Hey you never know she may have a crackberry account too
    06-10-12 02:51 AM
    Whatsapp shows 'last seen' information. When you are for example typing a message or reading something in Whatsapp then you have been detected by the system so your status will be 'online'. If she looks all the time to your status and she sees 'online' then she knows that you are doing something RIGHT NOW with Whatsapp, so she thinks you are probably messaging the other girl. Women know more then you think
    peter046 likes this.
    06-10-12 05:15 AM
    Quite sure messages did not go to the wrong person...
    06-10-12 07:57 AM
    Amen.
    Thanks for that.
    06-10-12 07:57 AM
    That's so helpful. Thanks

OP, are you sure the other two aren't talking to each other? I've never heard about this before, and I've been using WhatsApp for at least 2.5 years now. Also, have you ever messaged one person by mistake? I've had this happen when I didn't check which chat window was already open, and when my scrolling was slow and opened the wrong chat.
    Yeah, quite sure messages are not going to the 'wrong' person...
    06-10-12 08:04 AM
    Peter
    I don't think that you're account has been compromised or anything like that! I bet she is just guessing.
    These types of things aren't actually that hard to figure out. If you've been talking for a while, she might have just figured out your patterns.
    06-10-12 08:38 AM
    This happens to me all the time. I'm a firm believer that women are just born with that gift, guessing right. As long as your "game" is fresh, and by this I mean you not becoming a pimp, then you have nothing to worry about. Start denying and saying "No. I'm not talking to that person" they'll eventually learn that they're wrong and give up on guessing right. Lol.

To address your OP, your whatsapp account can't be compromised. If it is compromised then you will not be able to send msgs from your device. You can only login to the same account from one device at one time.

No offense to the female kind.
    06-11-12 03:12 PM
    You gotta learn how to talk to multiple ladies at once ! You haven't been compromised...
    06-11-12 05:12 PM
    This happens to me all the time. I'm a firm believer that women are just born with that gift, guessing right. As long as your "game" is fresh, and by this I mean you not becoming a pimp, then you have nothing to worry about. Start denying and saying "No. I'm not talking to that person" they'll eventually learn that they're wrong and give up on guessing right. Lol.

To address your OP, your whatsapp account can't be compromised. If it is compromised then you will not be able to send msgs from your device. You can only login to the same account from one device at one time.

No offense to the female kind.
    Looks like you're quite the pimp yourself LOL! This is good advice...
    06-11-12 08:20 PM
    yet using technology for relationships?

technically it's a way of asking how not to get busted using technology, cause clearly, one of them is fishing for an answer and by the op sweating, that person is getting it
    06-12-12 06:40 AM
    LOL too funny! If there is a spyware or summat let me know!
    08-01-13 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD