Greetings,

Its been a month since i took delivery of my new 9900 from Rogers and quite frankly Ive never been so disappointed.
    Ive had BB's in the past and on the whole they have been extremely good devices proving reliable and durable, reminiscent of the Nokia's from the 90"s. Then BB took their eye off the ball and suddenly we had far superior choices such as Android and Apple giving us little laptops we could easily carry around with us, this proved to be fun for a while and i decided to venture down the Android route as Apple has never really worked for me.

Fast forward to September 2011, RIM's in a financial Quagmire and i cant help but feel loyalty to a Canadian brand that could do with my contribution. That and with the introduction of three new models and OS7 the time was right to invest in the flagship model Bold 9900.

Since Ive had this Phone it has failed to hold on to a wireless signal reliably even to the point that i need to re-boot to get a signal back.
    The Battery is soo weak that i know come early evening i better make sure im near a charger!
    Even with my new N-Router i struggle to get 2 bars 10Ft away from it!!
    Why does my browser render like im on dial up??
    Why is my touch screen so unresponsive?
    Why cant i personalize my email folder icons so i know which is which??
    Apps Apps Apps why such a limited supply??? and why are the good ones not available yet for BB's??

1 month and 2 replacement phones later im struggling to find anything good about it! OK so it has a Physical keyboard and yes my emails pull and push a little quicker than most but is that's really what you come to expect from a flagship model?

I honestly WANT to like it.. I WANT it to be the best but regretfully its not, not even close. Ive invested a substantial amount on a promise of a great OS and devise and boy has it fallen short.

So friends, help convince me to keep my Bold.. What's good about the New Bold?

Cheers
    10-17-11 12:18 PM
    Greetings,

Since Ive had this Phone it has failed to hold on to a wireless signal reliably even to the point that i need to re-boot to get a signal back.
    The Battery is soo weak that i know come early evening i better make sure im near a charger!
    Apps Apps Apps why such a limited supply??? and why are the good ones not available yet for BB's??

1 month and 2 replacement phones later im struggling to find anything good about it! OK so it has a Physical keyboard and yes my emails pull and push a little quicker than most but is that's really what you come to expect from a flagship model?
    Your experience is pretty much exactly what I've been going through too ! I have hesitated to express my disappointment for fear of reprisals from some of the rabid watch dogs that seem to troll the forums looking for anyone who is the slightest bit unhappy with the newest Blackberries. Let me state here and now I love my Blackberry and have never owned or wanted to own any other smartphone.

I have read that some of the 9900's are quite snappy (fast browsing etc) and people are delighted with them so I'm thinking they (the phones) are out there. I will be returning my 3rd 9900 to Future Shop and (since they convinced me to get the insurance) will be demanding another 9900 - I am not giving up, I just want to have a 9900 that actually works the way it is supposed to.

AND yeah - why the heck aren't there apps and themes being made for the 9900 yet? Seems odd to me. Although I do have Quicklaunch for my 9900 which I really like.

So although I didn't answer your questions, I just wanted you to know you are not alone.
    andy957 likes this.
    10-17-11 12:50 PM
    This is good place to complain
    You can consider updating your OS (search cb for more info) or you can wipe your device and try if there's any difference.
    OS7 is not a very mature at this point but after some time it will be steady and less unreliable.
    You must understand that now power is not a problem as it use to be in 90' or early 2000. So why you need big battery.
    Most of chargers are inter compatible and even USB charging is possible.
    People don't like cellphones with large battery, one or half day is enough.like it or not but this is current trend.
    So if you don't like this device get some other BB.
    Software problems can be solved but hardware and build quality can't be changed now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-11 12:54 PM
    Greetings,

Its been a month since i took delivery of my new 9900 from Rogers and quite frankly Ive never been so disappointed.
    Ive had BB's in the past and on the whole they have been extremely good devices proving reliable and durable, reminiscent of the Nokia's from the 90"s. Then BB took their eye off the ball and suddenly we had far superior choices such as Android and Apple giving us little laptops we could easily carry around with us, this proved to be fun for a while and i decided to venture down the Android route as Apple has never really worked for me.

Fast forward to September 2011, RIM's in a financial Quagmire and i cant help but feel loyalty to a Canadian brand that could do with my contribution. That and with the introduction of three new models and OS7 the time was right to invest in the flagship model Bold 9900.

Not sure what would be causing this. This phone holds a strong signal at low -80dbm for me. Because of that I have great battery life. Yesterday I was a 64% after 15 hours off the charger.

I am wondering if you have a weak signal that is causing this.

I get a strong 4 bars from a N router from 30 feet away. I feel like what you're experiencing is not normal

Mine is kind of slow too. It was much faster on Android.

My touchscreen seems to be fine. I think the Android I have had may be better but I would hope so since those are dedicated touchscreen phones.

I think you can some apps. Also whenever I added a email account I got a folder for just that account on my menu.

I got all the apps that I want. BeBuzz, BeReader, TeleNav, Slacker, BeWeather, Quicklaunch, BuddyGuard, and well ScoreMobile but that has been causing my phone to freeze though.

I honestly WANT to like it.. I WANT it to be the best but regretfully its not, not even close. Ive invested a substantial amount on a promise of a great OS and devise and boy has it fallen short.

So friends, help convince me to keep my Bold.. What's good about the New Bold?

Cheers

Just making a few comments but no real answers or reasons to make you like the phone.
    10-17-11 12:57 PM
    It just might be that its not the right device for you. On my 3rd 9930, but this one has been great and for the first time in my smartphone life, I haven't started looking for the next great device within a month. This does what I want and its fast. Sure, would be great to have more apps for fun and work, but the power of communication is second to none. The shortcuts are huge time savers, typing is effortless, and even the browsing has been improved greatly over OS6 imo.

Good luck with whatever you end up with. As long as it makes you happy and does what you need, you've picked the right device. If you need convincing, its probably not for you.
    10-17-11 01:04 PM
    Everything is good for me touchscreen, display, keyboard, and batterys life has been good for me so far

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-11 01:18 PM
    Maybe some of your issue is psychological. Not saying you are crazy but the feeling that you SHOULD get a certain brand may automatically make you feel like leaving it. Kind of like going out with the nice girl instead of the hot babe thing.

I have had an iPhone, a Droid (HTC Evo), and even a Palm Pre Plus. Maybe you should try them out. Nothing wrong if you like another better then you got the right one.

I will say that I just think the Bold 9930 is beautiful. It is fast, it has an awesome keyboard, it has good battery life for me, and there are more shortcuts and customization options than all the other phones put together. Simple things like speed dial, try that on an iPhone or Evo. Multiple signature blocks with disclosure? Not unless it is a BlackBerry.

I'm not a BlackBerry fanatic, I started with a different smart-phone, I left BlackBerry (Tour) and I came back because I wanted to. I love my phone and I have checked out the latest and greated apple has to offer. It is nice but not nice enough for me to give up my Bold 9930.

You should consider going to another device. I hope you don't mind that apple has made Amazon's Kindle and Google Book apps take off their buy buttons so they can continue to rope you into their eco-system. Droids tend to have larger screens and nice apps but the battery life is just terrible. I stopped using my Evo after a few weeks and have never missed it.
    If you are not happy with your device you should switch. There is nothing wrong with that. I'm just suggesting that you look closely at the "HOT" device and make sure you are going for something that is really better and not just better at marketing.

I have 2 friends that had Evo's as well and the got Bold's after they saw mine. They are super happy with them. Different strokes for different folks. Good luck.
    EnnEnn and gwzach like this.
    10-17-11 01:31 PM
    So just give it up and switch phones. No needed for dramatic appeal to get others to make u like it
    10-17-11 02:43 PM
    Honestly, I love the new Bold. I had battery issues at first but I think draining it down and doing a full charge a few times helped. Plus, I got the extra battery/charger bundle. It's wonderful. So if I do kill my battery, I just pop it out and throw in the new one. No worries. The keyboard is great and my service with Verizon has been very reliable. I've owned Curves, the Torch, a few Pearls, but this one is my favorite. My Torch 9800 had slightly better battery life, but I've killed that before the end of the day too. I use both an iphone4 (on AT&T) and my Bold. In a pinch, the Bold always saves the day. my iPhone is for fun and my Bold is for everything else.
    10-17-11 03:18 PM
    I am loving my Bold 9900. I've played with all the other phones out there, even got to spend the day with a new 4s on the weekend. But none of them come close to the bold 9900. Androids are for kids aged 12-19, that's the demographic they are aimed at. iPhones are aimed at the 18-28 age demographic. And blackberries are aimed at everybody else.

If you want to play video games. Go get an android. If you want an mp3 player, go get an iphone. But if you have real work to do, the blackberry rules the world.

And all this talk we are hearing about blackberries losing market share, is very misleading. You have to look at the different demographics properly. The Android market is younger users, they are always busting and losing their phones so they are always buying replacements. Where, blackberry users are typically more mature and look after their stuff better, so they are buying less replacement phones. It's just common sense.

I remember seeing an adult man standing in a starbucks a few months back. He was maybe 40 years old, in his hand he was holding an Android phone. I remember thinking that he looked weird. To me, it was the equivalent of seeing a grown man wearing a Justin Bieber t-shirt.
    Last edited by EvilmasterMMA; 10-17-11 at 03:53 PM.
    gwzach likes this.
    10-17-11 03:48 PM
    I can't really fault the 9900;

16-18hrs battery life is plenty for me
    BBM music has replaced my iPod nano
    Nothing come close to email for business
    Keyboard & touchscreen are excellent
    takes a lot more abuse than my Galaxy S2
    NFC will be very useful in the next year
    browser is excellent
    looks professional looking
    bbm

Of course I have my Galaxy S2, what I mainly use it for;
    media centre
    sat nav
    calender
    games(which I hardly play)
    mini TV
    network set ups
    remote control
    camera

In my opinion, I need both phones, we are still a bit off one device to rule them all. But the big advantage of two phones is two networks, if one dies I have a backup, if bis goes down again I still can control my business, if one breaks down I have the other, etc.

If you need your phone for work or business, two phones is a must, even a cheap one for backup that you can get email on in case something happens like the 'bis disaster'.

I'd take a Blackberry or Android phone over an iPhone any day of the week, I used one in work for a week and couldn't warm to it. It's far to closed and restrictive, limiting you to iTunes or Apples products and having little in the way of 'true' innovation.
    10-18-11 06:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD