Ok I have a t-mo curve 8900. It's my first blackberry and I do love it. But here is my dilemma. The only reason I bought it is because t-mobile doesn't have have the bold. I hear that some people say it's better than the bold but I have bold envy when I see others or co-workers with bolds next to my 8900 and to honesty it just looks nicer. I've been thinking about selling my 8900 and buying an unlocked bold is that a bad idea? I just can't leave t-mobile the plans are just to good. Or should I just wait for the driftwood. Yea it has 3g but what other upgrades does it have over the bold. Honestly it just looks like the tour to me and not a bold. And I actually like the size of the bold the screen display size is just awesome. Do I have the grass looks greener syndrome? Someone set me straight please.
    08-16-09 12:29 PM
    If you merge the 8900 and Bold you get teh Driftwood/Onyx. For example: Bold size and processing speed, 8900 Camera and WiFi.
    08-16-09 01:09 PM
    If you merge the 8900 and Bold you get teh Driftwood/Onyx. For example: Bold size and processing speed, 8900 Camera and WiFi.
    If you're talking physical size.. It's the size of the 8900. It's also got the bolds keyboard.

They're also talking about there being an optical trackpad on the driftwood.
    08-16-09 01:30 PM
    It's the size of the 8900, not the bold. And it is a MUCH better device than the bold IMO.
    08-16-09 03:02 PM
    which onyx do you think is better? with the trackball or trackpad?
    08-16-09 05:19 PM
    which onyx do you think is better? with the trackball or trackpad?
    There is only one.
    08-16-09 05:30 PM
    Not to be mean or anything but if you had a Bold, you would not be able to wait for the Onyx. My vote is for a trackpad. Even when the Onyx is released, I will wait a bit to see how things shake out.There is always another "better" BB around the corner.
    08-16-09 05:36 PM
    Not to be mean or anything but if you had a Bold, you would not be able to wait for the Onyx. My vote is for a trackpad. Even when the Onyx is released, I will wait a bit to see how things shake out.There is always another "better" BB around the corner.
    Yep, that's true. There's always going to be something better and faster than your current product.

I'm going from the 8900 to the Driftwood because of 3G. If I had a Bold, the smaller size, more app memory and better camera would be appealing for me to switch but not compelling enough.
    08-16-09 06:34 PM
    Driftwood is a TERRIBLE name. i hope they dont use it
    08-16-09 08:19 PM
    MAybe that it will be the best blackberry ever!
    08-16-09 09:05 PM
    I would say go with the Bold. Why? Because you said you love the Bold's size. That's what I would do in your situation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 09:08 PM
    You wait until the driftwood comes out then go to the stores and compare them....several times. Then you can make an educated decision.
    08-16-09 09:39 PM
    in my eyes, the Onyx is the all-in-one BB with the perfect size

can't wait!!
    08-17-09 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD