ive been asking myself this for about 2 weeks now. which phone do you think is better the storm 2 or the bold 9650 ? and why ?? thanks .
    06-14-10 09:14 PM
    post some replies please. i would really like to know this.
    06-14-10 09:17 PM
    It depends on whether you do a lot of messaging or not.

I've had a Storm2 for 5 weeks now, and I still cannot write a text message without a typo (using the "keyboard"). The "keyboard" is simply awful. I don't have fat fingers but the buttons are too small for me (even in Landscape mode) and its difficult to know when I've made an error. Until I look up at the screwed-up message! (On a computer keyboard, I KNOW when I've hit an erroneous key.)

On the other hand, the display is second to none. Colorful, good resolution, easy to use if the buttons are "normal sized". HTML graphics look super.

Further, I figure that I'll eventually get used to this keyboard. I'd like a Storm3 (is there one planned?) with a slide out Bold-like keyboard and the existing Storm2 display.

Good luck w/ your decision. I had an 8330 Curve before the Storm2.

Dave Benner
    06-14-10 10:03 PM
    For touch screen I'd rather get new iPhone 4.
    It's screen is much better than Android or Bb Storm.
    But it's touch. I really don't see why give up on awesome physical keyboard which RIM developed in favor to touchscreen. As RIM is the best with real keyboards - Apple is the best with touchscreens.
    Why settle for "average" device? Get the best one ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 10:32 PM
    Do you want a phone to speak into or look at and prod? Just sayin'...

It's a lot less hassle having a phone that lasts more than a day (at best) regarding battery, in which case a physical keyboard does well.

I think as well as considering the value you place on apps, or messaging, it's really worth thinking about how the phone deals with voice calls.

Does it sound good? Does its battery last long enough?
    06-14-10 10:39 PM
    Further, I figure that I'll eventually get used to this keyboard. I'd like a Storm3 (is there one planned?) with a slide out Bold-like keyboard and the existing Storm2 display.

Dave Benner
    Sounds like the 9800, minuse the Suretype, which is what I'm waiting to checkout.

06-14-10 11:01 PM
    I like my S2 and don't find it difficult to type at all in landscape or portrait view. Yes, its difficult at first but once you get it down its kind of fun. But the 9650 is a solid product and I really want one of those too. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Also, try the search function I think there has been 2 or 3 other threads with about the same EXACT subject as this one..

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/hell...-storm-483177/
    06-14-10 11:11 PM
    Do you want a touch screen BB? Are you willing to give up the keyboard for more screen real estate? The Storm 2 is a great phone. It really comes down to physical keyboard vs big old screen. Go to your local providers' store and type on both devices. I prefer to type on the S2 than any other BB, but that's just my opinion. Try out both devices and see which one is best for you.

06-14-10 11:37 PM
    I wouldn't rate them as which is better, but rather which is better for you. Only you can decide what you want/need from your phone.

That said, I honestly wouldn't recommend the Storm2 to anyone right now. Not because it's a bad phone, but because it's more than halfway through it's life cycle and just a few months from becoming "so last year." The main thing is that the 9650 has twice as much memory and is ready for OS6. Rumor says OS6 is going to work on the Storm2, but even so, there won't be any room left for more than a few apps. That would be important to me, so if I were buying today, I would go for the extra memory of the Bold or wait for the S3 or 9800, or...???
    06-15-10 12:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD