Im very new, can some1 explain. Im on VZ, dont care about the OS or anything, and want a blackberry mainly for texting and the web. And i doubt, jusdging on the past, that the bold will have wifi. So can some1 tell me why i should wait it out for the bold?
    06-11-08 07:24 PM
    Theres quite a bit..larger processor, better screen;480x320 65,000 colors, 3G, video recorder w/ half-VGA resoloution, i belive bluetooth tethering, etc.etc...

edit: oh yeah even though you don't care, a better OS, and browser also
    06-11-08 07:30 PM
    doesnt the curve on verizon have 3g or ev-do r whatever
    06-11-08 07:31 PM
    VZW has ev-do..correct, att has edge... However, VZW will not get the Bold atleast for a year, maybe never. The bold will be on 3G, oh yeah and Wi-Fi compatiable..theres another reason
    06-11-08 08:30 PM
    ^^That's about right...to answer that in a simpler way...EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE KEYBOARD

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-08 08:40 PM
    Well... at&t's 3g has been proven faster..

Also it will have tri-band UMTS in case you travel out of country to be able to have 3g speeds abroad.

WiFi, GPS, 3g & a camera has never been done before on any blackberry. The Curves/Pearls usually have WiFi or GPS with a camera. The 88XX series have in WiFi and GPS, but no camera (WiFi doesn't exist on the CDMA version, I believe)

Now it also has a better processor as well as browser to increase the speed of web browsing.
    06-11-08 09:12 PM
    Yep the Bold is breaking some new ground all the way around!! For BB and even the 3G iphoney!! The Bold is going to be one heck of a phone.. I wish they'd just release it already

06-11-08 09:29 PM
    The build quality looks a lot better on the Bold than the Curve. I hope the Bold doesn't have that annoying dust under the screen problem like my Curve has.
    06-11-08 09:35 PM
    The Bold for sure. Who doesn't want the bigger and better one out there? But if you are looking solely for function and don't need all the bells and whistles, you can't go wrong with a curve. I love mine (but that doesn't mean I won't trade her in as soon as the Bold is released...)

06-11-08 09:37 PM
    ^^That's about right...to answer that in a simpler way...EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE KEYBOARD

Actually, I've heard from everyone that has used one that the Bold keyboard is a bit BETTER than the Curve (and yes these are the people who like the Curve keyboard and dislike the 8800 series).

The keyboard is essentially the same.. it just LOOKS different, it feels the same though.
    06-12-08 12:30 AM
    Anyone know the price on the bold WITHOUT activation or upgrade?
    06-12-08 01:21 PM
    Anyone know the price on the bold WITHOUT activation or upgrade?
    I think we'd all be guessing...

So, I will venture an (educated) guess.... Since we know what the cost for the i(ck)Phone will be, I have to think that RIM and AT&T will factor this into their equation. I would be surprised to see a commitment price of greater than $300, and a no-commitment price greater than $399. But who knows? Heck - we might all get surprised and see matching prices (w/activation or commitment) of $199 (wouldn't that be sweet!).

If I was to place a bet, I'd say $399 without activation or upgrade.
    06-12-08 01:39 PM
    it took verizon a year to come out with the curve, ive been waiting all year, so i chose not to wait another a year or longer for the bold, especially since as soon as the bold comes out on verizon, AT&T will announce the next most awesome blackberry on the same day!
    06-12-08 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD