My Bold running on OS5 experience a severe memory leak, and I have to do a battery pull every morning. I only have 5 applications installed. They are: Google Search app, Facebook, Twitter, Wordpress, and Tumblr. Is there a way to fix my memory leak or is it my installed apps taking too much memory? I've tried the memory cleaner trick but it doesn't work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 03:37 AM
    What is most likely happening is that one of your apps continues to run and suck memory when you think it is no longer running.

There are two ways you can try to fix this. One is by removing all of your apps (temporarily) and load them back one per day (or every other day) to see when you memory starts dropping.

The other way would be to remove one app a day (or every other day) to find out when you memory stops dropping

I personally suggest removing all 5 apps and doing a battery pull on your phone. Let the phone go for 2 days so you can get a handle on memory being used. You will drop 1-3 MB just with the phone itself as the OS takes some additional memory. After the phone settles and your remaining memory stops dropping, load an app every other day and watch you memory to see when it starts dropping.

Once you determine which app (or apps) is to blame, you will need to make a decision to either continue using the app (and rebooting the phone), stop using the app altogether, or look for another app that may work as a substitute.
    08-30-11 06:34 AM
    Try to upgrade with my delfteo Os v7.0
    I have 31 app installed and less or no mem leaks.
    Clean os has 50.2 mb free
    after installing 31 app I have 28 mb free mem now.

Enjoy DelftEo

08-30-11 10:22 AM
    Thanks for your replies!
    09-05-11 08:05 PM
    Try to upgrade with my delfteo Os v7.0
    I have 31 app installed and less or no mem leaks.
    Clean os has 50.2 mb free
    after installing 31 app I have 28 mb free mem now.

Enjoy DelftEo

Wow I DEFINITELY HAVE TO TRY IT OUT!
    09-05-11 08:06 PM
    Wow I DEFINITELY HAVE TO TRY IT OUT!
    Except your OS5 devices will never be able to run OS7..
    09-05-11 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD