Just wondering what OS version i should run on it, before I give it to her. Im looking for the version with the best battery life, and no freezing. Cheers guys.

Z10in' since the Beginnin'
    Last edited by JBML007; 08-02-13 at 12:42 PM.
    08-01-13 10:17 AM
    Just wondering what OS version i shouod run on it, before I give it to her. Im looking for the version with the best battery life, and no freezing. Cheers guys.

Latest BL Hybrid

http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...evices-736988/

Over .1033 Base

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-o2-uk-834274/

You won't get anything better than that combo.
    pkcable and Cap_172R like this.
    08-01-13 10:20 AM
    Latest BL Hybrid

http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...evices-736988/

Over .1033 Base

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-o2-uk-834274/

You won't get anything better than that combo.
    Sorry I havent owned a 9900 before....what is this hybrid all about?

08-01-13 10:34 AM
    Sorry I havent owned a 9900 before....what is this hybrid all about?

It is a carefully selected set of .cod files from a number of different OS's optimised to give superior performance over a standard OS, and the BL Team have got it nailed.

I haven't had a straight "official" OS on my 9900 since the release of the first BL Hybrid and that's just over 12 months ago.

If you aren't comfortable with Hybrid use then use the latest "stock" OS .1033 that is stickied at the top of this thread.
    08-01-13 10:47 AM
    It is a carefully selected set of .cod files from a number of different OS's optimised to give superior performance over a standard OS, and the BL Team have got it nailed.

I haven't had a straight "official" OS on my 9900 since the release of the first BL Hybrid and that's just over 12 months ago.

If you aren't comfortable with Hybrid use then use the latest "stock" OS .1033 that is stickied at the top of this thread.
    Hey thanks man. Ill look into it see if i can do it confidently. Thanks for all the help. Cheers.

08-01-13 10:51 AM
    Hey thanks man. Ill look into it see if i can do it confidently. Thanks for all the help. Cheers.

No problem, if you have basic computer skills then you should have no problem installing a Hybrid OS.

It's just a matter of copying and pasting files from the Hybrid download into the java folder of the base OS and running App loader to install.

The real skill is the hybrid Builder getting the perfect combination of files together for you to load.

Any help needed please ask in the Hybrid Thread rather than in here.
    08-01-13 11:00 AM
    Hey guys.I havent understand anything what this hybrid thing is about :/ Is it another os?
    08-01-13 12:47 PM
    Simple - iOS

Posted via CB10
    08-02-13 09:19 AM
    Simple - iOS

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha.....Nah my parents want a phone with good reception, and would like to buy canadian. But ya IOS is the "flip phone" smartphone for old people lol.

08-02-13 10:09 AM
    The simple straighforward professional Blackberry folks have apparently disappeared from here or the brand. To the OP, your mom will be fine with the Bold. Put either 7.1.0.923 or 7.1.0.1033 on it.
    08-02-13 12:28 PM
    The simple straighforward professional Blackberry folks have apparently disappeared from here or the brand. To the OP, your mom will be fine with the Bold. Put either 7.1.0.923 or 7.1.0.1033 on it.
    Right on thanks!

08-02-13 12:42 PM
    if you're new stick to the latest official OS rather than screwing up your mom's new device
    08-02-13 02:31 PM
    No one knows your Mom. It's like asking what is the best OS for my brother...........It all depends on what your Mom wants to do with her phone, how far into techy stuff she is into and how old she is. Impossible to answer without at least that small amount of info.
    08-02-13 02:53 PM
    No one knows your Mom. It's like asking what is the best OS for my brother...........It all depends on what your Mom wants to do with her phone, how far into techy stuff she is into and how old she is. Impossible to answer without at least that small amount of info.
    Don't be a jerk, the guys is a n00bie and any common sense in the world would tell you that he obviously mean what is the best OS for this phone that would not give the person a lot of headaches and offer good performance with the least amount of bugs.

Takes on to have an IQ above 100 to figure this out I guess heh?
    08-02-13 04:44 PM
    Don't be a jerk, the guys is a n00bie and any common sense in the world would tell you that he obviously mean what is the best OS for this phone that would not give the person a lot of headaches and offer good performance with the least amount of bugs.

You seem to be the jerk. Not only that but quite the neanderthal *****. My statement wasn't even directed at you. You take for granted what people mean so you give a completely stupid and thoughtless response without asking any questions whatsoever. Get off your high horse and use your head instead of your ego to respond to vague questions . If you want to be useful ask the noobie (with over 400 posts) some questions so you can give an answer that might help.
    08-02-13 05:53 PM
    You seem to be the jerk. Not only that but quite the neanderthal *****. My statement wasn't even directed at you. You take for granted what people mean so you give a completely stupid and thoughtless response without asking any questions whatsoever. Get off your high horse and use your head instead of your ego to respond to vague questions . If you want to be useful ask the noobie (with over 400 posts) some questions so you can give an answer that might help.
    I already did jerk, put on your glasses and read my first post
    08-02-13 06:21 PM
    I already did jerk, put on your glasses and read my first post
    You mean your totally useless post? How could you possibly know what the best OS for someone's Mom is without asking any questions? It's responses like yours that give threads like these a bad name. Just baseless, childish, moronic opinions about what is "the best" for someone without asking any questions in order to come to at least a semi-intelligent answer. What is wrong with asking pertinent questions before barfing up a useless answer?
    08-02-13 07:43 PM
    All I said was not to bother with Hybrids if he is a n00b and to stick to the latest official
    08-03-13 09:21 AM
    Having an argument over OS? GOOD LUCK BROZ.
    08-03-13 10:06 AM
    All I said was not to bother with Hybrids if he is a n00b and to stick to the latest official
    .... and all I said was, give us some details about what your Mom intends to do with her phone so we can give you a useful answer. I get called a jerk? This is crazy immature and I'm done.
    08-03-13 10:55 AM

not so much a noobie, but just want my mom to get the best performance from this Phone she possibly can. I havent loaded a leaked OS in a long time on a OS7 phone....so i just wanted to know the if there was a crazy mix that was considered the best. But basically what you said.
    BullGuard8 likes this.
    08-03-13 11:05 AM
    I see what your saying but no need to over analyze it. Just want the OS combo that provides the best performance all around before I give to my mom is all. Basically im giving a phone to someone and what to set them off with the best OS on it....no more no less.
    BullGuard8 likes this.
    08-03-13 11:06 AM
    Girl fight!
    Heh heh heh what a silly argument

Swordsmanship Channel: C000C9AF6
    08-03-13 11:12 AM