I am trying to sync my 9650 with my Outlook.com calendar using Outlook and Desktop Manager but I am running into several problems. So my question is what are current legacy users/9900 users using to sync their Outlook calendar data that is linked to their Live account calendar? What version of Desktop Manager are you using?
    09-09-14 07:48 PM
    From what I understand, the latest version of Desktop Software + MS Outlook 2010 or earlier should give you no pause.
    09-09-14 08:42 PM
    That didn't work for me. Outlook 2010 using the Outlook Connector addon causes problems with Desktop Manager 7.1. It tries to sync but it fails with a MAPI logon error.
    09-09-14 08:46 PM
    What if you sync from .com to MS, disable the add-on and then sync to the 9650?
    09-09-14 09:40 PM
    I use Globo's NotifySync on my Bold which connects directly to the mail server's ActiveSync. I find IMAP over BIS to be fine for emails, but I needed something to sync my calendars and contacts. It's not cheap at $120+$30/yr but it supports multiple calendars and the email support is good. It's certainly less expensive than the time taken to set up BES Express for just one phone! I also tried (the somewhat cheaper) AstraSync but it only supports one calendar and doesn't seem to be as robust as NotifySync.
    09-10-14 04:09 AM
    What if you sync from .com to MS, disable the add-on and then sync to the 9650?
    I don't think it works like that because the data isn't save in a PST file and I think that is what DM is looking for. I am hoping for someone who has a workaround in use that I can try too.
    I use Globo's NotifySync on my Bold which connects directly to the mail server's ActiveSync. I find IMAP over BIS to be fine for emails, but I needed something to sync my calendars and contacts. It's not cheap at $120+$30/yr but it supports multiple calendars and the email support is good. It's certainly less expensive than the time taken to set up BES Express for just one phone! I also tried (the somewhat cheaper) AstraSync but it only supports one calendar and doesn't seem to be as robust as NotifySync.
    Thanks for the recommendations. I will have to see what works for me.
    09-10-14 09:16 AM