Hi all,
    Just thinking that i have had my Bold a couple of months and now it takes forevert to boot up!
    and think i need to wipe the device.But i am wary of wiping my Bold.
    This question has probally been asked a bunch of times......
    But is there a correct procedure to backing up then wiping then reinstalling your software for the BOLD ????

Thanks a million in advance,
    Tom
    01-17-09 06:05 AM
    If you really wanna wipe it out down to nothing, Look for the program JL_CMDER and you can fully wipe your Bold. Just do a Backup in DM before you do it. After Wipe you can install whatever OS Version you want than restore your data.
    01-17-09 06:22 AM
    Most phones take a while to boot up, especially after doing a battery pull. If you really think you must wipe your phone though go into Desktop Manager and go to device switch wizard. Make sure you select back up 3rd party applications, then start the procedure. Once it gets to the screen that tells you to switch devices DO NOTHING DON'T EVEN HIT CANCEL. Go to My Computer and do a search. In the search box type in your BB PIN and make sure you select hidden files and folders. Once you find this folder move it to the desktop (this folder will have a file called yourpin.alx with a bunch of other files for each individual program). Then back in Desktop Manager hit cancel. Then go to Backup and Restore and backup everything (this will get all your emails, messages, contacts, settings, and everything else). You can then wipe the device with JL_Cmder (do a search in these forums if you need to find it or I'm sure someone has a link somewhere). Go back into Desktop Manager and it should prompt you to reinstall whatever OS you have setup with DM on your system. After that go into the App Loader and Browse that folder you saved earlier and click the file called yourpin.alx and that should bring up all the 3rd party programs that you originally had. After this is restored go into the Backup and Restore and click restore to restore all your emails, messages, contacts, settings, etc. and you are now done.
    01-17-09 06:26 AM
    Hi all,
    Just thinking that i have had my Bold a couple of months and now it takes forevert to boot up!
    and think i need to wipe the device.But i am wary of wiping my Bold.
    This question has probally been asked a bunch of times......
    But is there a correct procedure to backing up then wiping then reinstalling your software for the BOLD ????

Thanks a million in advance,
    Tom
    How long is forever?
    01-17-09 07:52 AM
    Doesn t do the bold a wipe when u install a new OS automaticly i think it has been said before here in the forum.
    01-17-09 08:03 AM
    Why exactly does My (any many others that mentioned it in the past) Bold take 5 plus minutes to reboot? Is it OS related, theme related, running apps shutting down and restarting?

The wait doesn't bother me, I'm used to it but just curious as to why.
    01-17-09 08:31 AM
    Thanks All !!!
    01-17-09 09:18 AM
    Be very careful. My Bold had defective counters for email and calls. I did a backup, full wipe, and reinstall. It changed something on all 955 Outlook entries I had. Took two days to go through them all. I got a new phone, needless to say. Again, be real careful.
    01-17-09 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD