OK i keep seeing some of the same posts coming up over and over with the same questions. So i figured i would throw out everything i know about the specs and time for a release. if i have missed anything feel free to add in or correct me in my mistakes.

According to Sal he stated and i quote "Release date for the Tour 2 (9650)... Between December 20th - January 15th - That is just an estimate, but its looking good"

the device itself as we all know will have wifi and a track pad.
    the other difference is in Sal's video review he stated that it will have 2 gig's of built in memory.
    the lower row of keys are a bit crunched together due to the new addition of the track pad.

other than that the device is exactly the same as the current tour. just some tweaks here and there.

Again if i have missed anything please feel free to correct me or add anything.
    12-09-09 02:25 PM
    Are there any pictures of the new device available?
    12-09-09 02:30 PM
    12-09-09 02:35 PM
    Wifi schmi-fi, still see no reason to switch from tour to tour2(essex).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 09:53 PM
    I think it is a good jump...the track ball on the tour now sucks...
    12-09-09 09:55 PM
    You do a speed test with and without wifi and tell me its not needed.
    Wifi is so much faster for downloads and data intensive stuff

12-09-09 10:57 PM
    You do a speed test with and without wifi and tell me its not needed.
    Wifi is so much faster for downloads and data intensive stuff

i know wifi will spead it up but does it run at the same time as your wireless service or do they run at diffrent times...also will my bb just hook up to a unseured network or will i have to link up every time
    12-09-09 11:07 PM
    Wifi schmi-fi, still see no reason to switch from tour to tour2(essex).

Wifi is a must for people who are on airplanes frequently.
    12-10-09 01:25 AM
    i know wifi will spead it up but does it run at the same time as your wireless service or do they run at diffrent times...also will my bb just hook up to a unseured network or will i have to link up every time
    Both will work at the same time.
    12-10-09 01:26 AM
    12-10-09 06:29 AM
    Wifi is a must for people who are on airplanes frequently.
    +1 on that, free airport wifi, plus bluetooth headset = WIN!

there were times when i was traveling this year, and i was talking to my gf and i wished i didn't have to break out my laptop to surf a few pages. boot times on some laptops are slow enough plus i have to take it out the bag and put it back in. THIS reason is why i want a Tour2. call me stupid, but i hope it works as advertised.
    12-10-09 09:08 AM
    Well won't places start charging for wifi? So yeah if ur on planes a lot I guess, but u have to go home at some point, I mean ur not Tom Hanks in The Terminal. Its just too soon for a new Tour. Unless ur coming from a different phone then the upgrade is worth it. And the track pad isn't as smooth as a track ball. I haven't experienced the whole "track ball" issue. I tried the track pad and it doesn't always read ur thumb.

Last edited by not_addicted77; 12-10-09 at 11:57 AM.
    12-10-09 11:53 AM
    Some bitter people here I see. Of course Tour2 is needed, if nothing more than to address the ongoing trackball mess. RIM isn't trying to get us Tour1 users to switch, this is for new customers and so they won't have the trackball issues that we all had. Its a stop-gap or bug fix more than a new "upgraded" phone. (Realize too that this is likely the last new worthwile BB to land at Sprint for the next 2 years; why not fix the ball problem now?)

And jerks like me will pay to upgrade cuz I hate my ball so much. (I'm on my 5th Tour1 since release.) For the record I do wish they would have beefed up the proc just a bit while they are at it, but maybe thats easier said than done.

Aside: my friend just got the Bold2 and in side-by-side browser tests he smoked my Tour by 10 - 15 seconds at each page. Did about a dozen tests, each with full signal in 3G metro area. IDK if thats AT$T being better than Sprint, or newer OS being better, or the phone's guts being better... doesn't matter I'm just p!ssed about...
    Last edited by theadrock13; 12-10-09 at 12:33 PM.
    12-10-09 12:30 PM
    i think the 9650 will be more of an upgrade then we think. the one sal had had more flash mem. idk if that is a smaller proc or more mem either way i still think it is a worthwhile upgrade
    12-10-09 02:26 PM
    More flash memory? dont think he mentioned that.. its has 2 gb internal memory
    12-10-09 07:32 PM
    Some bitter people here I see. Of course Tour2 is needed, if nothing more than to address the ongoing trackball mess. RIM isn't trying to get us Tour1 users to switch, this is for new customers and so they won't have the trackball issues that we all had. Its a stop-gap or bug fix more than a new "upgraded" phone. (Realize too that this is likely the last new worthwile BB to land at Sprint for the next 2 years; why not fix the ball problem now?)

And jerks like me will pay to upgrade cuz I hate my ball so much. (I'm on my 5th Tour1 since release.) For the record I do wish they would have beefed up the proc just a bit while they are at it, but maybe thats easier said than done.

Not bitter, just not that addicted. : )

Plus getting on crackberry.com 15 more seconds faster doesn't say anything but to each its own.

Last edited by not_addicted77; 12-10-09 at 07:59 PM.
    12-10-09 07:57 PM
    Not bitter, just not that addicted. : )

Plus getting on crackberry.com 15 more seconds faster doesn't say anything but to each its own.

Why not? Not that addicted? Plueeze. Crackberry Abuser? You should be ashamed of yourself.
    12-10-09 10:30 PM
    Lol!

12-11-09 09:25 PM
    Well, I can't wait for it to come out. I'm looking to move on from the curve...(even though it has been good to me) ;-)
    12-12-09 12:28 AM
    OK i keep seeing some of the same posts coming up over and over with the same questions. So i figured i would throw out everything i know about the specs and time for a release. if i have missed anything feel free to add in or correct me in my mistakes.

According to Sal he stated and i quote "Release date for the Tour 2 (9650)... Between December 20th - January 15th - That is just an estimate, but its looking good"

the device itself as we all know will have wifi and a track pad.
    the other difference is in Sal's video review he stated that it will have 2 gig's of built in memory.
    the lower row of keys are a bit crunched together due to the new addition of the track pad.

other than that the device is exactly the same as the current tour. just some tweaks here and there.

Again if i have missed anything please feel free to correct me or add anything.
    Will it be 3g or 4g?
    12-12-09 11:11 PM
    Tom Hanks in the Terminal...haha. I use a wireless network at my house so while my gf is using the computer I have less to complain about.
    12-12-09 11:58 PM
    Tom Hanks in the Terminal...haha. I use a wireless network at my house so while my gf is using the computer I have less to complain about.
    : )

12-13-09 12:59 AM
    Will it be 3g or 4g?
    I believe it is going to only be 3g. 4g would be nice but it won't be.

12-13-09 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD