Anyone know at what speed does the BB Bold read/write to the microSD? If not, where can I get this info? I am aware of the speed classes for microSD but, does the Bold make use of these speeds? My reason for asking is, I want to use the Bold as my main mp3 player and I currently have a Pearl. The pearl is very slow when it comes to reading the ID tags from songs on my current microSD card. And switching from song to song is slow also.
    10-24-08 12:17 PM
    Hey I'm not sure of the exact speed but when I played music on the bold from my microsd card it was very fast I was able to switch songs like an ipod.
    10-24-08 12:51 PM
    Hey I'm not sure of the exact speed but when I played music on the bold from my microsd card it was very fast I was able to switch songs like an ipod.
    Thanks for the reply. Sounds good enough to me. If anything I'll just have to deal. I've been waiting for the Bold for so long I actually bought an iPhone in the process and sold it immediately. Nothing like a BlackBerry. I saw your post with your NEW Bold...very jealous over here on the east coast. Congrats!
    10-24-08 04:54 PM
    Ya I went from a blackberry to an iphone and then back to a blackberry you just can't beat it. Thanks I think the bold is a great device
    10-24-08 05:59 PM
    Ya I went from a blackberry to an iphone and then back to a blackberry you just can't beat it. Thanks I think the bold is a great device
    Yeah sounds like I had the same thing. I used a BB for an internship about 2 years ago, and really liked it but had an iPhone for a personal phone. Then got an 8310, and then the iPhone 3G and missed my BB and now I'm back. haha

But to the OP, doesn't the speed depend on the class SDHC card you get? I think the BB will support the speed if the card does. I could be wrong.

I have an 8GB class 4 and it's very quick transferring things to and from. Like kayla said pretty much like an iPod. When you first put it in with a ton of music, it does take a few to recognize but that's only once. Then it's lightning quick.
    10-24-08 06:15 PM
    ^ Same here!
    10-24-08 06:46 PM
    16 gig card here & have been impressed with responsiveness. I think it's more the phone (processor, increased OS memory etc.) but not sure - happily indifferent.

Copying files to the Bold is 'significantly' faster than Curve (8310,8300) or Pearl.
    10-25-08 03:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD