HI Guys,
    I've tried to find an answer to this but can't. what is the purpose of the pin system for sending messages. is it frre if u use it or is it faster? any ideas??
    07-10-09 03:57 AM
    its free if you are on a data plan.
    07-10-09 04:18 AM
    Here's a thread discussing the benfits of PIN messaging you might be interested in...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/do-...3/#post2740815
    07-10-09 06:45 AM
    Its free to use if you paid for your Blackberry data plan (eg. 30 dlrs a month on ATT). It really comes in handy if you have friends and family or co workers that also have Blackberrys because you don't have to use up any alloted text messages to send a quick message back and forth or even pictures or a quick sound clip. Example? I travel outside the US occasionally to Canada and I don't want to run up a cell roaming minutes or data KBs (which can get expensive when roaming international). So at my hotel or in a coffee shop that might offer it, I will make sure that my data is set to "off when roaming". I will then turn off the phone portion of the radio and turn data back on as well as connect to a open WIFI. I can now get all the free data I want AS WELL AS all the free BBmessenger use I want with the wife or friends. Just make sure that when you go back to phone use that the data again is back off before you swich the phone back on. It can be alittle annoying at first, but can save you upwards of 50 dlrs a night if you work it right. Its one of the perks to having the WIFI and BBM on the Bold. You can also pay to have text messages (I get 200 a month) so I can text friends not on BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 07:36 AM
    So is PIN msging the same sa BB msnger?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 07:53 AM
    In a sense, yes.
    07-10-09 08:00 AM
    think of PIN Messages as SMS/MMS messages without the character limitations
    07-10-09 08:28 AM
    think of PIN Messages as SMS/MMS messages without the character limitations
    This.

I use PIN quite often, especially if I have more to say than would fit in SMS. I also like the the delivery verification.
    07-10-09 08:53 AM
    PIN messaging is very good, but for me it's just the fact that more of my friends need BlackBerrys :P
    07-10-09 09:01 AM
    PIN messaging is very good, but for me it's just the fact that more of my friends need BlackBerrys :P
    100% agreed. I have one guy who has one but has no data plan - the *******!
    07-10-09 09:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD