Thanks again to all that replied to my original thread about the 9780/9790.
    What I forgot to ask about was the new feature of the 9790 called NFC. The 9780 didn't have this feature but the 9790 does. If I get the 9790, will this be a helpful tool to have? I see all of these 'codes' in flyers and other places where you are able to scan the 'code' with your smartphone, and this gives you the ability to find out more about the product that has it. Even the property management company that owns the apartment complex I live in, has a big square code in front of my apartment so that people can check out their other apartment listings. The idea sounds great, but is the technology here to stay? Thanks!
    02-19-12 11:23 AM
    NFC stands for Near Field Communication
    Near field communication - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Codes you are describing are known as QR (Quick Response Codes)
    QR code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    02-19-12 11:42 AM
    02-19-12 11:44 AM
    Try google
    02-19-12 01:10 PM
    It stands for Near Field Communication. The tags can be placed in cards, stickers, key chains etc. and can be used for a wide range of uses. The industry is growing and is really big outside the United States so yes it is here to stay. They are just really convenient for certain acts such as payments without carrying around your wallet. You know how the world wants to become quicker and NFC is another by product of that.
    10-30-13 12:49 PM
    Nicely Fried Chicken - you can get it from KFC.
    10-30-13 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD