Should I enable this?
    07-19-09 02:00 PM
    Memory cleaning is designed to delete sensitive data from the temporary memory on your BlackBerry Bold 9000 series device such as the cache for the browser, unencrypted data from email messages, LDAP authentication passwords, and the clipboard (copy & paste). To enable this feature, follow these steps:

1. From the Home screen, go to Options.

2. Select Security Options.

3. Select Memory Cleaning.

4. Change Status to Enabled.

If you like, you can change Show Icon on Home Screen field to Yes and use the feature that way. This way , you’ll have a Memory Cleaner icon on your Home screen that will show you what data is being deleted.

5. Press Menu.

6. Select Save.

As to whether to enable it or not, its entirely up to you. If your device seems to be slow or lag a bit then maybe you should give it a try. However, I believe that enabling it does increase the time it takes the Bold to restart/reset after a BP.
    07-19-09 02:53 PM
    lluvia's note is correct, except for one small detail. You should not expect running Memory Cleaner to make your device any faster or correct any noticeable speed problems. It's a security feature, not a performance enhancer.
    07-19-09 02:58 PM
    Thank you both. I thought it would sold memory leaking problems...yes? no?
    07-19-09 03:01 PM
    No. The Memory Cleaner won't solve any memory use problems you may be experiencing. It is security software, nothing more.
    07-19-09 03:07 PM
    Ah, now I know not to mention it as a performance enhanecr :3
    07-19-09 03:36 PM
    Remember if you have it enabled then your reboot time is increased.
    07-19-09 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD