My Bold just crashed in the middle of playing brick breaker and popped up the same screen it did when i first switched it on [white with a small counting clock in the middle] and stayed that way for a minute or two before coming back to life. I thought it had wiped itself and reset but nothing had changed other than it very quickly loaded something up and said 'Verifying security software'. Im new to Blackberry's so havent a clue if this is normal or what it means. This coupled with the continuing signal loss/call issues is causing me to rapidly lose confidence in it.

ETA: apologies for the expletive. Didnt expect h**l to be filtered
    08-21-08 02:11 PM
    that would scare me as well lol!! sorry to hear that welcome to the CB world!! I would contact CS if you dont get an answer here. Are you sure the back is tight on your phone. once i didnt have mine on correct it didnt snap in and it was making the battery loose! good luck!
    08-21-08 02:13 PM
    what score did you have when this happened? not related to problem just wondering
    08-21-08 02:17 PM
    It could be the new OS. I upgraded to OS 4.5, and now I can't play brickbreaker at all. Crashes and restarts after a few seconds.
    08-21-08 02:17 PM
    LOL! That's what you get for rubbing the BOLD in our face. J/K
    08-21-08 02:19 PM
    lol heheheh
    08-21-08 02:23 PM
    My Bold just crashed in the middle of playing brick breaker and popped up the same screen it did when i first switched it on [white with a small counting clock in the middle] and stayed that way for a minute or two before coming back to life. I thought it had wiped itself and reset but nothing had changed other than it very quickly loaded something up and said 'Verifying security software'. Im new to Blackberry's so havent a clue if this is normal or what it means. This coupled with the continuing signal loss/call issues is causing me to rapidly lose confidence in it.

ETA: apologies for the expletive. Didnt expect h**l to be filtered
    What OS are you using? Check the sticky and get 4.6.0.126
    08-21-08 02:23 PM

Will putting the T-Mobile OS on there a] void the warranty from Orange or b] wipe all my settings/contacts?
    08-21-08 02:34 PM
    Blackberry have 4.6.0.199 on the Orange download area of their site so im downloading that now.
    08-21-08 02:40 PM
    Blackberry have 4.6.0.199 on the Orange download area of their site so im downloading that now.
    That is the exact same OS that you have installed. Technically, yes it would void the warranty. I would take it back. As far as the OS you mentioned, you need to look at the Application version NOT the Package version.
    08-21-08 02:44 PM
    Thats package version 4.6.0.199 - which is Application version 4.6.0.92.

The T-Mobile version just released is package version 4.6.0.243 - which is Application version 4.6.0.126
    08-21-08 02:45 PM
    ................ and said 'Verifying security software'.
    You'll see that after a Reset.

There's been numerous complaints about brickbreaker and OS 4.5.
    08-21-08 02:48 PM
    Oddly enough it's been behaving itself since i posted that. Maybe it sensed its days were numbered
    08-22-08 01:41 PM
    maybe rim added that 6th sense in its new os
    08-22-08 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD