Maybe I should have known better but this was my first OS upgrade. All things went smoothly and I got the final "OS upgrade success" notice. However, I didn't realize I had to go through the entire set up process again and I am having to re-load all of my third party apps. This has been a tedious and slow process with having to re-set permissions, etc. "I already gave you permission! Couldn't you store that information??" Anyway, it's almost like I was getting it out of the box again. Hope when all is said and done it's worth it. I never will ever use PTT anyway. Maybe I should have stayed with .699 and left well enough alone, I wasn't having any problems after all. Too late now. Sigh.
    06-11-10 09:43 PM
    Maybe I should have known better but this was my first OS upgrade. All things went smoothly and I got the final "OS upgrade success" notice. However, I didn't realize I had to go through the entire set up process again and I am having to re-load all of my third party apps. This has been a tedious and slow process with having to re-set permissions, etc. "I already gave you permission! Couldn't you store that information??" Anyway, it's almost like I was getting it out of the box again. Hope when all is said and done it's worth it. I never will ever use PTT anyway. Maybe I should have stayed with .699 and left well enough alone, I wasn't having any problems after all. Too late now. Sigh.
    I have not upgraded but I thought DM saved all that kind of stuff for ya. Then you just reconnect and load it back like it never left...No??
    06-11-10 10:31 PM
    I upgraded OTA and didnt have to reinstall anything.
    06-11-10 10:33 PM
    ITs one of the most annoying thing about a BlaskBerry, especially for those that have a hard time leaving an OS alone for more than a week or so.
    06-11-10 10:54 PM
    >>I have not upgraded but I thought DM saved all that kind of stuff for ya. Then you just reconnect and load it back like it never left...No??<<

If you do it OTA vs. using DM, the upgrade loads everything back, however, the new OS didn't recognize any of the third party app settings and I had to reload (not re-install) all of my settings, permissions, e-mail address, etc. I didn't have to re-download them but with each one it was if they had just been installed and never used. Tedious but now I'm done. I lost one icon (Accuweather). Instead of the nice little weather icon, it defaulted to the browser icon.
    06-11-10 10:55 PM
    did you ask yourself why you upgraded in the first place?... i follow the "if it aint broke, dont fix it" and there have been far worse horror stories than yours....

you only have to read all of the many different prescribed "sure thing" methods to know that mucking about with the os is risky.

As this is my one and only phone i would be hosed if it bricked during an upgrade so have zero interest in any of these new versions (mostly with questionable merit)....... so unless there is a firm fix for the fluctuating radio signal i will leave well alone.
    06-12-10 06:13 AM
    I did the upgrade last night (I did a backup first using DM) & all my programs were still there. All I had to do was put in a few reg codes.
    Wonder why you had trouble?
    06-12-10 06:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD