Maybe I'm just imagining that they used to be there, but I thought I had red stars on my mail boxes that had fresh mail. I monitor four or five different emails, so it's kind of a nuisance when there is a new mail notification the home screen, but I can't tell which email it is without opening each of them.

How do I get that back? My text and you mail icons have it, I gotta believe that the mail icons can do that too!
    07-12-09 10:09 PM
    Try logging in to your BIS account, make sure you have a check mark next to each email account and resend your service books. Also try going to Options, Advanced Options, Host Routing Table - hit the menu key and click Register Now. Good luck and please post results.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 12:43 AM
    Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever had the little red star symbols on anything on my Bold for messages.

Chris
    07-13-09 12:59 AM
    I have them all the time
    07-13-09 06:56 AM
    Everything is checked on the BIS account and I'm sending receiving email just fine.

I resent the service books.

I went to the host routing table and registered.

Still no red alert stars though.

Any other suggestions? I really need them back!
    07-13-09 07:42 AM
    Ok, now I have the new email message on the top of the home screen stuck on there. It won't go away, even though I've gone into all my mail accounts.

I'm really confused at this point. Help!!!
    07-13-09 07:46 AM
    I have my "messages" mail box visible and that shows a star, while the mailbox next to it that is actually getting the mail doesn't. I don't use the general box as I get too crap at once. Could not having this message box hidden having something to do with?
    07-13-09 07:54 AM
    The red stars are probably theme related. Do the stars not appear in the app screen or are you only looking for them on the homescreen? If homescreen, does your theme have full sized icons on the homescreen or are they smaller? Smaller ones are not updated as often and often have that get stuck.
    07-13-09 08:12 AM
    Ok, I hid the messsages icon and I still don't get the alert star on my regular mail box.

This is driving me nuts.
    07-13-09 08:13 AM
    The red stars are probably theme related. Do the stars not appear in the app screen or are you only looking for them on the homescreen? If homescreen, does your theme have full sized icons on the homescreen or are they smaller? Smaller ones are not updated as often and often have that get stuck.

I am using the "stock" theme. The icons are full size. This is odd as my text and BB messenger both have red asterisks when new mail has arrived.

Anybody have an idea on how to fix this? It drives me nuts to check each box trying to figure out which one actually has the new mail.
    07-13-09 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD