I just got my 9650, was previously using the Curve, this is my first time on OS5...what the heck happened to profile exceptions??? I always leave my phone on silent, but had different exceptions setup for different people that I could turn off and on at anytime. I would go to "Advanced" and uncheck or check the exceptions that I had setup.

Is this gone? I see "Contact Alerts" but there doesnt seem to be a way to turn them on or off

Please help....this alone may be worth returning this thing and sticking with the Curve

Thanks,

Mark
    06-05-10 12:24 AM
    06-05-10 01:23 AM
    I appreciate the link, but it doesn't help me with my issues with OS5. I use to be able to create exceptions and then them on or off as needed. For instance, I can have my phone on silent, but create an exception for one person that will make alerts for SMS only.

This is similiar, but not really. It doesn't allow you to turn the custom contact alerts on/off.......its missing a lot of functionality.

Is there a way around this? Maybe an App that does the exceptions the same way the older OS use to?

thx
    06-05-10 10:52 AM
    I need help with this too.
    06-13-10 11:18 AM
    I need help with this too.
    The closest option there is to the old "exceptions" for Contact Alerts is in Sounds/Profiles > Set Contact Alerts > Choose or add your Contact and then under Phone and/or Messages choose the volume level and set "Play Sound" choose Always if you want that Contact's Alerts to be heard, etc if set to Vibrate or Silent.

I wish the old system was still in place and I like having the ability to set a different tone for each Contact email, SMS, and multiple emails. This will have to do for now with one tone for email & messages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD