This thread only applies to those who feel that they dont have 'crap' battery life ... if you want to complain theres 50 other threads out there that talks about bad battery life.

Having said that I was wondering what others consider as 'good battery life' For me, it seems when my phone is on by not in use I loose roughly 3% per hour... Is that low/high to others?

keep the post positive . troll elsewhere! thx!
    01-14-12 01:01 AM
    i find by the end of the day i have about 35-40% when im on my way home around 7-8pm. Which isn't bad. I have been looking at some newer batterys with higher mAh ratings but I haven't seen anyone find one that says its better than the original that doesn't need to be constantly cloned.

if your interested in what ive been researching as far as batterys here are the links

OEM J Series with Extra battery
    BlackBerry J-Series Extra Battery Charger Bundle Bold 9930 9900 Torch 9850 9860 | eBay

eBay 1500mAh with 150 pieces sold - Does have a cloner but higher mAh rating than original battery. I also heard this one requires only one time to be cloned but haven't bought it yet to try

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

and this Momax which looks nice but seems pricey for a aftermarket
    eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

My battery life is fine but I am always looking to make it better
    01-14-12 01:12 AM
    In idle I get %1, if I am connected to wifi i can get down to %0.4 on idle.
    When using this baby with moderate use mine is around %3-4. If i use it with heavy use i hit all the way up to %7-8.

For me, a good battery life should get you through the day with heavy usage all the time.
    01-14-12 02:50 AM
    12-48 hours to me is great battery life.
    01-14-12 04:41 AM
    From 7am-11pm and having 35% with moderate use is great battery life for me.
    01-14-12 05:23 AM
    The same as a 9780, an 8900, my wife's torch.........better than a 9900. That would be good battery life.

All the posts about idle and drain and switch this off etc. don't make a lot of sense to me if I am not at work my battery will last all weekend, which to be honest is better than before. However if I need to use the phone the battery drops like a stone. I am running the 190 leak and to be fair it seems to have helped with my signal issues, but I still get less bars than my wife's torch on the same network although I have less dropped calls now.

You see a lot of posts saying if you do this and do that it will help your battery life and claims that you can achieve amazing results "if you have a little know how", but yet even direct posts asking these great self professed Guru's what they do results in tumble weed on the threads.

Common sense tells you that if you overload your phone with battery sapping apps it will drain the battery, but it really shouldn't be so difficult to get decent battery life from a phone straight out of the box.

How much difference would it have made to a really good piece of kit if they had made it 2mm thicker and put a decent battery in....apart from making it really usable, probably not a lot..

The answer to your original question would be 12hrs on fairly serious use.....
    01-14-12 05:36 AM
    Mine gets 5% per hour no matter what really. But I use it heavily really! My 9800 got the same battery life too so I'm not fussed.
    01-14-12 06:21 AM
    From 7am-11pm and having 35% with moderate use is great battery life for me.
    Same for me. I have no problem charging my 9900 once a day.
    01-14-12 06:46 AM
    Mine gets 5% per hour no matter what really. But I use it heavily really! My 9800 got the same battery life too so I'm not fussed.
    20 hours is difficult to beat......
    01-14-12 06:48 AM
    My battery life is great. I unplug it at 6am and plug it back in at around 10pm with approx 35-40% left. Somedays a little less. The only time thus far that I had to charge it during the day was back on a late fall day amongst 114,000 of my closest friends at the Big House in Ann Arbor Michigan. Way too much congestion and shaky signal strenth had me looking for the charger after the big game. Go Blue!....other than that my battery has been stellar and I'm still on the original os and afraid to upgrade.
    01-14-12 07:22 AM
    20 hours is difficult to beat......
    Agreed. The only way it shifts from that is when I'm on a phone call and I'm on the phone for between one and 2 hours per day. It tanks then but otherwise I'm happy with it!
    01-14-12 07:24 AM
    Charge my phone at night and take it off the charger when its complete before I go to bed. My battery life is very acceptable. Its great!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-14-12 08:18 AM
    I don't get much less than I did with my Torch 9800. I'm a moderate-to-heavy user and am happy to get myself through 8am-11pm. I'll charge throughout the day for a half hour in the wall and bring it from 50%-80% without complaining too, just in case. I could last that span with moderate text/chat, FB, and tweeting as well as coupling to my Playbook for hours at a time. Battery life isn't mind blowing but I think I've had good luck.

Mine seems to drain to 92% real quick and then gets heavy somewhere around 80 and below.
    01-14-12 08:21 AM
    In idle I get %1, if I am connected to wifi i can get down to %0.4 on idle.
    When using this baby with moderate use mine is around %3-4. If i use it with heavy use i hit all the way up to %7-8.

For me, a good battery life should get you through the day with heavy usage all the time.
    what are u doing to keep it at 1%? I have nothing on except for WhatsApp and Im on wifi. I left it on since 9 am to 1 pm and did not touch it and i went from full charged to 88% (which admitly isnt bad but 1% would be better!) and which OS are you on? I am currently on 7.1.0.190 bundle 561
    01-14-12 12:19 PM
    After 12 hours of normal use for me I have roughly (or a little less) than 50% remaining. I can also get through an entire day (wake up till I got to bed) without the battery dying.

This is my personal phone, so I charge it every night and that works great for me. I should also note that I'm running 7.1..190.
    01-14-12 12:36 PM
    I can get about 18-19 hours on one single charge.I stay up pretty late until maybe 2-3 am in the morning letting it charge to Full 100 percent. I turn all services and data off before I go to bed. I even turn the Phone off to where it will automatically turn back on at 11am. I lose maybe 0.5 percent per hour during sleep idle mode. Phone can wake up at 98 percent at that 11am. Depending on what I am doing like if I am installing a few apps the usage per hour jumps up high say 12 percent per hour only if moderate usage is happening. By 9pm or 10pm I am at about 29-35 percent battery.
    To me that's awesome because I don't have to worry about charging it all through out the day.
    If I am in a hurry and say I have used up a looot of battery that half a day and don't have time to charge it, I just grab my spare which is fully charged, pop it in and charge the other one with the bundle I have then off I go.

Edit- I have a couple of apps that run in the background too.
    Last edited by calicocat2010; 01-14-12 at 01:14 PM.
    01-14-12 12:43 PM
    12 hours of moderate to heavy use with 20-30% left before putting back on the charger. i don't think the 9900 has bad battery life, it's just that most people are use to Bold 9700 excellent 2-3 day battery life that they are comparing to.

not to mention that all you have to do is put the 9900 on the charger for 30-45 minutes and it will have full or almost full charge.
    01-14-12 01:01 PM
    Hi there.

This us my 1st post, I hope I can make a contribution.

I have been reading all the post on battery life etc and felt I should comment.

I have upgraded my 9900 to 540 and I have had no problems at all, battery life is 12-14 hours with average use, BBM, emails and internet.

I have turn off Wi-Fi, Location services and Bluetooth when not in use, just like I would do with any smart phone. The screen backlight brghtness us set to 10 and timeout det to 20 secs.

The battery life is not as good as my previous 9780, however it is better than my Sons Iphone 4S and my other Sons HTC desire S.

I love thus phone, and cant understand why there are so many negative post?

Last edited by fabio1; 01-14-12 at 01:09 PM.
    01-14-12 01:07 PM
    I can get through a 16 hour day and still have about 50% battery left over. I consider that "good battery life".

I don't use WiFi since my data plan is 6GB and I tend to always have at least 4-5 bars of signal, which may be helping. I only turn Bluetooth on when I'm actually using it.

Up until now I utilize the OEM case's magnet sensor which allows me to use the In Holster settings in the profiles to save some battery (vibrate only when in holster, etc).

But now I just bought an Otterbox Commuter case and so I can't use the magnet sensor anymore. It still takes some getting used to (I never had to push the lock button manually before) and I have a feeling it may mean very slightly more battery usage because of the lack of In Holster settings.

Still, I should still be able to make it through one really long day without recharging.
    01-14-12 01:31 PM
    I was on 7.1.0.190 and at first it was fine but after about 2 days the battery tanked!
    Was only getting about 8 hours before I had to charge it. Discharge rate between 3-4% and had to charge the phone as soon as I got home from work. Not sure if it was the build or just my install but it was unacceptable so I went back to .540 where I got the best battery life.

On .540 I get 15 hours with about 35-40% left when I plug it back in. This is with moderate use primarily email, sms, BBM with minimal talk and web browsing. If I don't charge overnight I can get about half way through the next day until it needs charging but I do charge every night.
    01-14-12 05:42 PM
    I was on 7.1.0.190 and at first it was fine but after about 2 days the battery tanked!
    Was only getting about 8 hours before I had to charge it. Discharge rate between 3-4% and had to charge the phone as soon as I got home from work. Not sure if it was the build or just my install but it was unacceptable so I went back to .540 where I got the best battery life.

On .540 I get 15 hours with about 35-40% left when I plug it back in. This is with moderate use primarily email, sms, BBM with minimal talk and web browsing. If I don't charge overnight I can get about half way through the next day until it needs charging but I do charge every night.
    How does 3-4% discharge only get you 8 hours?

My initial battery life on 7.1.0.190 was pretty mediocre too (about 5-7% discharge - then I let it drain completely and since then it's been much better (3-4%, which lasts me over 24 hours if needed).

I'm not sure if its the battery settling in or if draining helped in any way, but it seemed to work out alright.
    01-15-12 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD