Just curious on what everyone has experienced. I've had made in Canada, Hungary, and
    Mexico made Blackberries. I personally prefer Canada or Hungary made. I haven't had
    much luck with the ones made in Mexico. I noticed the lcds on the Mexico ones weren't as
    bright, trackball issues, gap issues between the screen. What's everyones opinion and preference?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 03:52 PM
    I've had Hungarian and 2 Mexican Bolds, all had no issues. They were all supposidly all refurbs but when I brought it into the AT&T tech support, they said mine were actually new according the the serial numbers. One of the Mexican ones had a slightly stronger vibration.

07-11-09 04:18 PM
    I've had Hungarian and 2 Mexican Bolds, all had no issues. They were all supposidly all refurbs but when I brought it into the AT&T tech support, they said mine were actually new according the the serial numbers. One of the Mexican ones had a slightly stronger vibration.

hey a question about tech support sometimes my trackball wont move the phone isnt locked up or out of memory i can access main menu the phone cursor just wont move a simple battery pull restores to like new but when i speak to warranty they say take it to a device center every time it locks up im at work and it works fine for hours after do you think they will replace it or send me packing oh yea other than trackball the mexican plant is on point
    Last edited by bigroy; 07-11-09 at 04:43 PM. Reason: forgot something
    07-11-09 04:42 PM
    My Mexican bold was flawless until I dropped it.
    07-11-09 07:28 PM
    hey a question about tech support sometimes my trackball wont move the phone isnt locked up or out of memory i can access main menu the phone cursor just wont move a simple battery pull restores to like new but when i speak to warranty they say take it to a device center every time it locks up im at work and it works fine for hours after do you think they will replace it or send me packing oh yea other than trackball the mexican plant is on point
    Sounds to me like the trackball is getting gummed up with dirt from skin oils, etc Thats my only gripe about the Bold. You have to take the whole phone apart to clean it. That voids your warranty. I liked the ball arrangement on my Curve 8310 better. Esay to clean and didnt affect warranty. Too bad RIM would address the trackball issue by simply replacing the balls with eraserhead pointers like some laptops have.
    07-11-09 07:40 PM
    One of the Mexican ones had a slightly stronger vibration.
    Not surprising, Mexico has a fine history of dance
    Mine was made in Hungary and it seems absolutely fine.
    07-12-09 06:52 AM
    I have enjoyed the quality of a canadian made BOLD!
    07-12-09 07:09 AM
    Mine was made in Hungary, husbands was made in Canada. Both work perfect.
    07-12-09 10:08 AM
    all my BB devices made in Hungary, all works well

this is the first time i know that there is some made in Mexico
    07-12-09 10:12 AM
    I have gone through 3 Bolds in a month and currently using my 4th... This is a refub and is holding up better then all the new ones I got.

07-12-09 10:20 AM
    Where was your computer made? Probably China, where all laptops are made, except for Dell. Who cares where it is made, and there is no firm way to know which factory makes the best one. Nobody could tell you. There are probably good and bad out of every factory.
    07-12-09 10:34 AM
    Mine was made Hungry. No prob with it. There are threads on how to clean the track ball. Search it. Mine got sticky after some Tex Mex lunch and I was able to clean it out like new. Neat that RIM avoids China to manufacture their products. That is a plus in my book.
    07-12-09 11:27 AM
    Made in Hungary. Very good build quality and has never given me any problems.
    07-12-09 12:39 PM
    Mine was made Hungry. No prob with it. There are threads on how to clean the track ball. Search it. Mine got sticky after some Tex Mex lunch and I was able to clean it out like new. Neat that RIM avoids China to manufacture their products. That is a plus in my book.
    What's wrong with China? I love Chinese food. LOL
    07-12-09 12:50 PM
    I've had 3 different Bolds. The new one I first bought from Canada. Second
    refurb from Hungary. Third from Mexico. By far the Hungarian and Mexican
    ones have the best build quality.
    07-12-09 12:53 PM
    Mine is made in Mexico and so far no problems whatsoever. Then again, I've only had it for 3 days.

But it feels solid, no squeaking, smooth typing, beautiful and bright LCD. No complaints at all. I agree with "rfalter"...I think there's good an bad coming out of all factories.
    07-12-09 01:03 PM
    I've had mine for a month only, but I have no complaints with it. The battery door, keyboard, and trackball are fine. Mine was made in Mexico.

07-12-09 01:08 PM
    I have experience with both. Long story short, Canada Bolds are better by far. I compared both Roger's Bold made in Canada and AT&T bold made in Hungary and the hungary had so many manufacturing screwups it wasn't even funny--that and the LCD was very different in quality (in a bad way) compared to the Canada Bold. Much lower contrast and brightness. Both on 100% brightness too with auto dim OFF. Difference in white balance too with the Hungary being way on the yellow side. The screws were also stripped on the Hungary Bold (2 of them) and the LCD ripples when pressing talk/send buttons on the hungary as well. Very different phones. Oh and I forgot to mention the trackball metal piece was also partially clamped down and was crooked to one side.
    07-12-09 01:22 PM
    Oh and my friend's uncle has a Hungary Bold and his is basically being swapped for a new one ATM by AT&T. Lots of problems.
    07-12-09 01:23 PM
    When I picked up my Bold, he went through several Bold's looking for one that's made in Hungary.

Nothing major except th lose battery cover and had two white screens, I had to pull the battery.

07-12-09 02:37 PM
    My Mexican bold was flawless until I dropped it.
    Same here, except I still haven't dropped it.

07-12-09 03:46 PM
    My original was made in Hungary and performed flawlessly until I recently had issue with the battery connectors. My refurb is from Canada and is just awesome. In fact, the speaker phone is much louder on the Canadian make.

07-12-09 04:48 PM
    Guys, have you ever thought about it that where do they manufacture the components, that are assemled in Canada, Mexico and Hungary?
    I think I have a very good guess....
    Ni hao!
    07-13-09 06:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD