Let me first say that I paid full retail price for the Bold and feel dissapointed. To me the Bold doesn't bring anything new to the Blackberry world other than a pretty screen and a more sexy body build. I am shocked at the speed of the 3G Browser. It couldn't be any slower unless I had to draw the page up myself. All the other features are still great like the e-mail and the blackberry messenger but thats nothing new. The Curve's release was revolutionary for the Blackberry world while the Bold seems like an EA Sports Madden 09 release where you see minimal improvement or features added from the previous release where the hardcore fans will always buy it no matter what.
    11-11-08 12:38 PM
    What "revolutionary" features were you expecting?

Every single review out there for the Bold states that it doesn't bring anything revolutionary or particularly new to the table, it just does many things better. Kinda sounds like you bought without doing homework is all.
    11-11-08 12:40 PM
    Yea the highly touted HTML email sucks.

Its practically the same thing as having all of those links embedded in the emails.

The Bold is Beautiful Hands Down.

But Does Such a Superficial Upgrade Really Justify the Price Tag?

Now THATS up to debate.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 11-11-08 at 01:06 PM.
    11-11-08 12:42 PM
    3G is nothing special over the web browser, but downloading email attachments is another story altogether!

The HTML email is a disappointment, but it's a first step. No, it has not lived up to the hype, but then RIM wasn't hyping it so much as the blogs and potential users. Because it's not a priority for me and it wasn't RIM's hype I'll give them a pass on this, but I do expect to see improvements in future OS updates.

What it does bring is an absolutely gorgeous display and the best keyboard ever on a Blackberry (IMHO).

Improved memory management is another thing I've found with the later OS versions. Starting with about .162 the memory leak situation was all but eliminated.
    Last edited by rambo47; 11-11-08 at 01:03 PM.
    11-11-08 12:58 PM
    Revolution? Maybe not. Continual Evolution? Yep.

This is the first BB i've owned, and did lots and lots of homework when deciding between smartphones... the q9, Palm Treo, etc. THe bold, to me, does everything better. Period.
    11-11-08 03:57 PM
    keyboard is better than on the curve (imho), screen is better, device feels better in the hand, it looks lovely. it's the same fabulous blackberry but better than what has gone before, and improvement in every area (unlike the Storm )
    11-11-08 04:04 PM
    SPEED !!!

The Bold is the FASTEST phone in the WORLD!
    Can't you just feel it? Working on the Bold is a marvel in it's own. I'm not talking about what kind of features it has.
    The Processing power is enough for me!
    11-11-08 04:07 PM
    This is the first BB i've owned, and did lots and lots of homework when deciding between smartphones... the q9, Palm Treo, etc. THe bold, to me, does everything better. Period.

I couldnt have said it better myself. The Bold is also my first BB and it does what it is supposed to do with no problems.
    11-11-08 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD