Trying to download ebook from amazon. So when to amazon to download kindle for my 9930 and it said it is incompatible. So what ereader will work on the 9930 for amazon download book? I want to read all the latest book like the trilogy of the hunger game and 50 shades of gray. Thx in advance.
    08-19-12 06:31 PM
    Did you try Kindle for BlackBerry ?
    08-19-12 06:43 PM
    Diego: yes, did u read my thread? Please learn how to read before u answer my question.
    08-19-12 08:24 PM
    Diego: yes, did u read my thread? Please learn how to read before u answer my question.
    Before you snap at a long-time contributor, maybe you should change your device so it actually SAYS 9930??

Right now we think you have a 9700...

try this: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...48654/?lang=en Says it will read Kindle books
    PS the 50 Shades of Gray Trilogy is a fast read! Your thumbs will be sore from tapping or swiping! LMAO
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 08-19-12 at 08:57 PM.
    08-19-12 08:47 PM
    Trying to download ebook from amazon. So when to amazon to download kindle for my 9930 and it said it is incompatible. So what ereader will work on the 9930 for amazon download book? I want to read all the latest book like the trilogy of the hunger game and 50 shades of gray. Thx in advance.
    You can get the Kindle app to work on the 9900, and I assume the same method should work for the 9930. The following are instructions I picked up from a post, and kept in a memo. I've lost track of the author, though. This worked on my 9900, on all the 7.0 and 7.1 OS's.

First download the Amazon Kindle app directly from Amazon at:
    http://klamath.s3.amazonaws.com/KindleBB102b/kindle.jad
    When you open the app you will see the Kindle splash screen and it will hang
    While your BlackBerry is hung on that screen connect your BlackBerry to your PC using the USB cable
    When it pops up asking you to choose between the three connection methods select “USB Drive”
    After a few seconds disconnect your BlackBerry from your PC and the Kindle app should have started up
    You are not logged in so you will just see a bar that says “Archived Items (0)”
    Click on that bar and you will be taken to the Kindle login page
    Login and it will work!

Hope this helps. ~ecm. BTW -- Update your profile...
    08-19-12 08:50 PM
    Go to the App World and download Kobo. Great ereader. Same one that comes preinstalled on the PlayBook
    Last edited by ajst222; 08-19-12 at 08:55 PM.
    diffused likes this.
    08-19-12 08:53 PM
    You can get the Kindle app to work on the 9900, and I assume the same method should work for the 9930. The following are instructions I picked up from a post, and kept in a memo. I've lost track of the author, though. This worked on my 9900, on all the 7.0 and 7.1 OS's.

First download the Amazon Kindle app directly from Amazon at:

http://klamath.s3.amazonaws.com/KindleBB102b/kindle.jad

When you open the app you will see the Kindle splash screen and it will hang

While your BlackBerry is hung on that screen connect your BlackBerry to your PC using the USB cable

When it pops up asking you to choose between the three connection methods select “USB Drive”

After a few seconds disconnect your BlackBerry from your PC and the Kindle app should have started up

You are not logged in so you will just see a bar that says “Archived Items (0)”

Click on that bar and you will be taken to the Kindle login page

Login and it will work!

Hope this helps. ~ecm. BTW -- Update your profile...

Follow these steps. It works... I use it all the time.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk®
    08-19-12 11:16 PM
    If I can ask: to what device are you downloading that jad file? The bbphone or a computer?
    08-20-12 12:23 AM
    No need for the atitude. He was only trying to help. Hope you found a fix for your issue
    ajst222 likes this.
    08-20-12 12:33 AM
    That procedure (listed by Dustanh) works just as advertised.
    I haven’t figure out how to open a kindle book that I import using the USB cable but can live with that limitation. Being able to buy a new book from Amazon while on the road is great. I've already downloaded some from my archive Thanks again.

PS: You can read books that are in epub format using the overdrive software. Here’s the link: OverDrive Media Console – Library eBooks and Audiobooks - BlackBerry World The Overdrive software will open any book in epub format. Just drag it to your SD card or down load it through wifi.
    Last edited by Bookshelf; 11-24-13 at 04:07 PM.
    11-23-13 05:52 PM
    Simple answer (that no one else has given you): you can only read PDF and Word documents using the in-built Docs to Go program. No other kind of e-Reader software is available for BBOS.
    11-24-13 02:07 AM
    I’m using a Blackberry Bold 9900.
    I’m currently reading one book using overdrive software
    and another book using my Kindle app.
    11-24-13 04:44 PM
    Kindle app is not available outside US and A
    11-25-13 01:32 PM
    Ugh! I hate those stupid restrictions.
    This is the link I have for overdrive software
    Maybe that’ll work-
    OverDrive Media Console – Library eBooks and Audiobooks - BlackBerry World

PS- It won't open Kindle books but does work for epubs.
    11-25-13 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD