So if im on the road can i use my bb as a router to give me connection? for a laptop ipod etc.
    Last edited by DeeDudnath; 07-01-11 at 04:42 PM.
    07-01-11 04:32 PM
    Just awful.
    0/10
    07-01-11 05:02 PM
    looooooooooooooooool
    07-01-11 05:11 PM
    So i was pretty much right
    07-01-11 06:19 PM
    A hotspot is a site that offers Internet access over a wireless local area network through the use of a router connected to a link to an Internet service provider. Hotspots typically use Wi-Fi technology.

Hotspots may be found in coffee shops and various other public establishments throughout much of the developed world.

SOURCE: WikiPedia

If the phones got wifi you can connect to any wireless network if you got the password so i don't really understand wifi hotspot either lol unless it does something else.
    07-01-11 06:26 PM
    I don't know what everyone is freaking out about.

Wifi Hotspot allows you to create a small wireless network from your OS7 BB using your data connection, setting name and password, so nearby devices can connect and access internet data.
    07-01-11 06:38 PM
    A hotspot is a site that offers Internet access over a wireless local area network through the use of a router connected to a link to an Internet service provider. Hotspots typically use Wi-Fi technology.
    I don't think this is what OP is asking about.
    BaconMunch is right.
    OP is talking about a "personal" WiFi, sometimes called "MiFi".
    When you do not have WiFi connection or hotspot nearby, such as on the road, your handset, if so equipped, can activate the very local WiFi connection that wirelessly tethers your other WiFi capable device via wireless radio (data).

iPhone 4 has this capability and it is so useful. When I am on the road, I usally switch my handset from 9780 to iPhone and use my iPad via my iPhone for larger screen display of email, map or Googling or whatever else.

This is why I am looking forward to this capability activated on 9900. Then I can still use my iPad via 9900 on the road.

If the 9900 does not have this capability, or not activated due to carrier restriction, then it's a deal breaker for me.
    07-01-11 07:18 PM
    ok i did a google search for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotspot_(Wi-Fi)
    07-01-11 07:36 PM
    ok i did a google search for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotspot_(Wi-Fi)
    No, this is different, and still not quite right in this particular case (OP's question).

See;

MiFi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and scroll down to "alternatives" where you see a list of current cell phones that have this capability.
    07-01-11 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD