Can anyone tell me what that middle button does on the right side of the Bold 9930? It's the one in between the two up and down volume buttons. I actually never even noticed it before until today and when I press it (when I'm at the home screen) it says "you have no new messages."

However, when I pressed it and it said I had no new messages, I had a missed call, a test message, and an email, so I was a little bit perplexed about that. Does anyone have any clue about this or whether you can change it's function at all?
    03-17-12 12:05 AM
    It pauses the song/video during playback

You can also use an app like '6 tools' to remap all your keys.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...18574/?lang=EN
    beantown85 likes this.
    03-17-12 12:08 AM
    also when on a call it will mute / unmute your microphone
    beantown85 likes this.
    03-17-12 12:35 AM
    Thanks guys.

Why does it say "you have no new messages" when I press it from the home screen though? Is it possible that I unknowingly have an app or something that's causing that? I pressed it before when I had a new email/text and I think I had a voicemail too and it still said "you have no new messages."
    03-17-12 02:37 AM
    There'sa a thread on this already but some people think it's from an app.
    03-17-12 10:53 AM
    I got the same behaviour on my 9790 running OS 7.1. I discovered this by chance as I was holding that key for fun and got a "Siri" like response.

It doesn't seem to count the SMS message. I think it is for integrated voice mail but my carrier do not have that so there is no way for me to verify.
    01-10-13 03:26 AM
    any luck? wheres the thread?...heard it might be BeBuzz, and guessing you need the full version to use these features......maybe
    04-16-13 08:07 AM
    Thanks guys.

Why does it say "you have no new messages" when I press it from the home screen though? Is it possible that I unknowingly have an app or something that's causing that? I pressed it before when I had a new email/text and I think I had a voicemail too and it still said "you have no new messages."
    This sounds very much like BeBuzz. You can configure the key for text-to-speech support in BeBuzz options under "Text-to-Speech Settings". By default it is set to "Mute (Press and Hold)". You can change it to "None (Off)"
    04-16-13 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD