I switched from the iPhone 3G to the Bold b/c I couldn't deal with the lack of copy/paste, mms, and push notifications. I was much faster (slightly less accurate) typing on the iPhone but have no preference b/w a physical or touch keyboard. Can someone give me a reason not to sell my Blackberry when the new OS is released! Weighing the pros and cons of both it seems like the iPhone wins in a landslide now. Am I missing something?
    03-17-09 03:20 PM
    Your not gonna find anyone here who would agree with you my friend...the Iphones a nice entertainment device but its no Berry...
    03-17-09 03:25 PM
    I don't know about that. The only thing that would make me hesitate before switching back to the iPhone would be that I have a ton of contacts who I BBM with instead of email/sms.
    03-17-09 03:28 PM
    I would sell you BB and get the iPhone.

When you do, PM me I'll buy your berry cheap.
    03-17-09 03:30 PM
    1. Everyone and their mother uses iPhone 3G, ranging from high school kids to adults... it's ridiculous

2. Bold has the serious business/professional/luxury looks which I love. Whereas iPhone is more like a fashion phone because everyone has one

3. iPhone has the worst call/audio quality. The speaker is horrible, maximum volume is too low and if you max out the volume, it distorts! Bold has Stereo speakers, one of the left and one on the right and it's ridiculously loud without the distortion. I never miss any calls when using the Bold, used to miss calls all the time on iPhone.

iPhone's microphone is also way too sensitive, it picks up pretty much any sounds around you. I believe Bold has some kind of background noise suppression which can get rid of some of the background noise.

iPhone's earpiece gives out a lot treble which hurts your ear if you talk on iPhone longer than 15 mins. On the Bold, you can adjust treble/bass

4. Once you use your iphone for awhile, it gets really sluggish, certainly not happening on the Bold
    03-17-09 03:32 PM
    If you have to ask us for the answer, I think you should go to the Iphone. Along with what is said above, berry's have the flexibility to do so much to them (OS upgrades, create themes that changes the look/feel & many other minor tweaks). This makes them such great phones to own and play with. Apple locks you down besides the apps. I guess to me I like having the ability to explore and work with the berry community to find usable tweaks for the phone that meet my specific need and not have to pay for them through the app store. Just my .02 cents.
    03-17-09 03:40 PM
    Fair enough. Not just looking for a reason not to switch back but also want to get the general feeling here about what makes the Bold a superior device or better device for you personally.
    03-17-09 03:48 PM
    Do you really want to go back to a company that makes you buy a new gen version to get things that should have come on the phone in the first place?

We thought Apple would go more head-to-head with Palm, and there is still plenty of time before the June launch for Apple to introduce more groundbreaking features. But right now we're unimpressed. Many of these so-called new features, like cut-and-paste and MMS messaging, have been available on other devices from the start. Our biggest question is: where is the innovation? Palm is using an innovative card system to manage background applications that run simultaneously. Apple argued passionately against running background apps, and instead reissued a year-old promise about a push notification system. Palm's search feature scans the device, then jumps to various Web site and culls the information for you. Apple's search scans the device, but doesn't integrate Web services. And we've been less than impressed with the way search results are organized on our Macbook laptops, so let's hope Apple figures out a better organization method for the mobile OS.

Even further, Palm integrates with new social networking services to synchronize and organize contacts and messages. Google's Android will probably see innovative new features coming with the launch of Google Voice. Where is Apple's innovation? The sticking point in this announcement, for us, seems to be that developers will now be able to charge more and more for content on a device. That's the biggest innovation of iPhone OS 3.0, everything else is just catching up to what should have been included in version 1.0.
    iPhone OS 3.0 in-depth impressions - infoSync World
    03-17-09 04:02 PM
    Another solution..

Use both
    03-17-09 04:02 PM
    For me, once I downloaded the QuickLaunch application onto my Bold, I found it to be the most functional and FUN device I've had the pleasure of owning. There are a slew of applications that you can download for your BB to make it more fun (Slacker Mobile, Viigo, iHeartRadio, etc etc.), but honestly the BBM application alone is reason enough to stick with your BB. I have an iPod touch and can't stand the touch keyboard in addition to it being too slim to hold and type, which is the main reason why I didn't get the iPhone. The Bold's sleek design and funcionality make it optimal for people with jobs, friends and who enjoy having a virtual pc in the palm of their hands; however, if you've got enough spare time to play with apps all day, slim feminine fingers that allow you to type on that jack*ss of a keyboard, or no friends to BBM, then I guess the iPhone would be ideal.

My advice to you, download the QuickLaunch app, and then decide.
    03-17-09 04:04 PM
    Don't want to hijack this thread, but I am not yet sold on the QL app. Been reading the forums and not 100% sold on it. Will have to keep checking in and see. Glad to see you like it though and 100% agree with you that having a functional (work & play) device makes the BOLD the perfect phone.
    03-17-09 04:20 PM
    Don't want to hijack this thread, but I am not yet sold on the QL app. Been reading the forums and not 100% sold on it. Will have to keep checking in and see. Glad to see you like it though and 100% agree with you that having a functional (work & play) device makes the BOLD the perfect phone.
    QL is the first app I'm actually seriously considering buying. It's just that handy.
    03-17-09 04:29 PM
    not going to lie, im debating it and kicking myself for selling it now.
    03-17-09 05:04 PM
    QL is the first app I'm actually seriously considering buying. It's just that handy.
    It's $5, so I bought it.

I also bought the OSX theme from the CB store.
    03-17-09 05:05 PM
    Aside from more memory and physical keyboard, I'd take this generation of iphone over my bold. My jailbroken iphone already does mms, bluetooth, background tasks, copy/paste,etc. There really isn't much my bold can do that my jalbroken iphone can't. Honestly, the hardware aspect of the Bold keeps me using it, not the software. I can't wait for iphone 3.0, jailbroken of course!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 05:05 PM
    It has that addicting feel to it :P
    03-17-09 05:26 PM
    I came from an iPhone 3g to a bold and I must say the bold is best in terms of speed and messaging quality. I also use the bold for occasional music playing and it sounds great with iPhone headphones. I'm no audiophile but it serves its purpose. The best thing I liked about the iPhone was the touchscreen technology and the ability to view full html email. I can type just as fast but not as accurate on the iPhone as the bold too. The only large differences I see between both devices NOW after the update are: screen size, keyboard vs virtual, size of course, and whether or not you need email/messaging vs music/multimedia.

03-17-09 05:28 PM
    don't......care........
    03-17-09 05:28 PM
    1. Everyone and their mother uses iPhone 3G, ranging from high school kids to adults... it's ridiculous
    That's the same with BBs, so I guess that ridiculous too, right?

2. Bold has the serious business/professional/luxury looks which I love. Whereas iPhone is more like a fashion phone because everyone has one
    Or everyone has one because it's a hot phone and looks nice (just like the Bold), and it's a very good phone.

3. iPhone has the worst call/audio quality. The speaker is horrible, maximum volume is too low and if you max out the volume, it distorts! Bold has Stereo speakers, one of the left and one on the right and it's ridiculously loud without the distortion. I never miss any calls when using the Bold, used to miss calls all the time on iPhone.
    I have perfect call quality with mine. Max volume is loud enough for me to hear people while walking through Manhattan, I find that sufficient enough. Speaker phone on the Bold is not that loud. My Curve was much louder.

iPhone's microphone is also way too sensitive, it picks up pretty much any sounds around you. I believe Bold has some kind of background noise suppression which can get rid of some of the background noise.
    I've never had anyone complain about background noise while I'm on my iPhone. I have never complained about background noise while talking to someone on their iPhone.

iPhone's earpiece gives out a lot treble which hurts your ear if you talk on iPhone longer than 15 mins. On the Bold, you can adjust treble/bass
    I don't know what you're talking about. I have never had my ears hurt after being on my iPhone.

4. Once you use your iphone for awhile, it gets really sluggish, certainly not happening on the Bold
    I fail to see this also. I have had my iPhone longer than my Bold, bought it a little after it's release. Mobile OSX is the snappiest and smoothest OS by far. My iPhone is just as fast now as the day I bought it. The Bold is extremely powerful, that it the only reason it snappy, otherwise it would be sluggish with the BB OS. Also, memory leaks make the phone sluggish, you just have to be educated enough with how to deal with them. If it wasn't for this site and other helpful BB sites, people would be throwing their BBs out the window.

I have seen more 10 year olds with BBs than I have with iPhones. The iPhone is very popular because of what it does. It has the BEST web browsing experience. The BEST media experience, and the BEST apps available. It also has a very nice screen (not as nice as the Bold, but much bigger).

It all comes down to preference. If you like the iPhone, get one and try it out (even though you already had it). If you are looking for reasons to not sell your BB, then I think you should just sell it. If you liked it, you would not be looking for reasons to keep it. Do not look for help on a BB forum, because you will receive way too many negative views on the iPhone.

Good luck to whatever you do. They are both great devices and that's why I have both.
    03-17-09 05:37 PM
    I switched from the iPhone 3G to the Bold b/c I couldn't deal with the lack of copy/paste, mms, and push notifications. I was much faster (slightly less accurate) typing on the iPhone but have no preference b/w a physical or touch keyboard. Can someone give me a reason not to sell my Blackberry when the new OS is released! Weighing the pros and cons of both it seems like the iPhone wins in a landslide now. Am I missing something?

Yeah - 3 words! A. Real. Keyboard!
    03-17-09 05:49 PM
    don't......care........
    dumb....useless....post
    03-17-09 05:49 PM
    excellent post
    03-17-09 05:50 PM
    dumb....useless....post
    That was the point. Reply was as worthwhile as the original post. Welcome to up-to-speed.
    03-17-09 05:58 PM
    With the addition of OS 3.0 the iphone has finally caught up to the functionality of a bb which has enjoyed the use of C&P, mms, and push for a while. The iphone is a really good device, but where it falls short is being a good phone. The call and sound quality just does not compare to my bold. If these corrections are made for the next gen iphone, I would be hard pressed to not give a try.

03-17-09 06:15 PM
    And once again, some people (a lot actually) don't want a phone that has touch screen input only...

Doesn't matter how well it does or doesn't work...
    03-17-09 06:26 PM
120 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD