That was the point. Reply was as worthwhile as the original post. Welcome to up-to-speed.
    For such a worthless original post, it seems this topic has generated a ton of interest based on the number of hits and posts. Welcome to up-to-speed.
    03-18-09 02:16 PM
    Dumb useless thread. The OP has clearly made up his mind he likes the iPhone better. So go get one and be done with it.

I'll never understand people who come here looking to be "convinced" on why they should keep their Bold. Don't like it, don't keep it. Pretty damn simple.
    Based on the comments on this thread I have again realized why I left the iPhone in the first place. The benefit of the Blackberry OS is not just based on its features but also on how quickly and efficiently it is able to get things done.
    03-18-09 02:18 PM
    So the fact that they sold 17 million sub par phones since 2007 is a good thing? Apple is a great marketing machine and your statement shows it. What's that? I don't speak sheep........
    subpar to who? A blackberry community? THUD. Yeah obviously you do speak sheep. Not only that but hey captain obvious, swing on RIM's sack just a bit more. Pot meet kettle
    Last edited by Chubz; 03-18-09 at 02:44 PM.
    03-18-09 02:39 PM
    My favorite is threads where people ask for reasons why they should or shouldn't do something.

Then they get 20 pages of feedback mostly in one direction.

Then they do the opposite anyways...

SHUT UP AND GO DO WHAT YOU WERE GOING TO DO ANYWAYS. You didn't want feedback in the first place...
    03-18-09 02:41 PM
    The iPhone OS 3.0 isn't out yet. The Bold's OS is. There you have it...go get a Bold.
    03-18-09 02:47 PM
    subpar to who? A blackberry community? THUD. Yeah obviously you do speak sheep. Not only that but hey captain obvious, swing on RIM's sack just a bit more. Pot meet kettle
    I guess you missed my post where I listed why those 17 million phones were sub par and also where I said good things about apple products... the Iphone just isn't one.. This is my first BB and I wasn't in a rush to get one either... I had a phone previous to this that had video recording, mms, 3.2mp camera, i could change themes forward sms.. heck it even had copy and paste and it was a Sony Ericsson K800(not even a smartphone). I am not a fanboy of any particular product, but yet a fan of getting a product that will do what I want without having to hack it or wait for next generation of the product....

sub par based on the fact that it wasn't released with

System-wide Copy and Paste
    MMS for photos, vcards, audio
    SMS forwarding
    Landscape keyboard in major apps
    Stereo Bluetooth (A2DP)
    Push Gmail
    Background multitasking
    Unified inbox
    Video recording
    Theming

The new Iphone 3.0 will be a great device, but it should have been the first gen and not the 3rd gen, but even still it lacks things that most smart phones have. I honestly would get an ITouch and any other smart phone you like that way you save the contract on a glorified Ipod. Apple makes great media devices, but they came in under the bar with the Iphone.
    03-18-09 03:42 PM
    I think the iPhone is great for the majority of consumer. It's easier to use and have lots of awesome applications.
    03-18-09 04:51 PM
    I got laughs aplenty from reading this thread...nothing like reading random threads for a hearty laugh on CB. To papped and Chubz...u guys had me rolling. Btw....I kno my post is totally off-topic, but my 2 cents has been spoken by many already. Sorry for re-awakening a somewhat dead thread. *wanders off still laughing*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 02:33 AM
    If I have a sms conversation with an iphone user they eventually stop responding because I type too fast, woo

Funny, I've noticed this as well. They can't type as fast and get frustrated.
    07-15-09 10:04 AM
    Funny, I've noticed this as well. They can't type as fast and get frustrated.
    They're pretty bad at using the iPhones keyboard then.

07-15-09 10:42 AM
    hahah I love these threads

I just finished getting Rid of my Iphone 3GS, due to very bad battery life - bad signal strength, Email service is horrible, no real time notification, no compressed data, iTunes is rigged to make you screw u and buy things, not only that you can't even download free apps with out a credit card, their push email service which is flawed costs 100$ a year

no encrypted data , no good security for users, your forced to use Itunes cant use the phone as hard drive if needed.

the touch screen flickers in certain light not allowing you to select items

no threaded email service.

in non 3G area almost no ability to send email, its as slow as a snails pace
    and fails most of the time. Same with SMS due to the fact that iphone does not compress data like Blackberry

refuse to pay money for a device which is so flawed.
    07-15-09 11:25 AM
    I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. Battery life for me has been outstanding. I have never experienced any of the problems you had with the touchscreen. It is the best, and most accurate touchscreen on the market. Oh well, the iPhone isn't for everyone.

07-15-09 12:40 PM
    its just a different experience thats all some prefer it over the bold some dont
    07-15-09 10:26 PM
    Me i am an Apple addict, and love what they do usually, but the iPhone plays TOO much the commercial part.. I mean every sellers block everyth and slowly, put it in their phones, to make you change your phone.. Last example : pff Nokia E71 and E72.. The E71 has a LITTLE jack plug for headphones.. and wow great, we are so lucky, the E72 has a big one ! Great lucky customers no ?
    Pff they just make you buy the E71, and after you wait the E72 for your normal plug...
    Me it pissed me off so much, OK to make money but when we see SO much that the customer is a milky cow...
    And iPhone is THE BEST for that..
    They sold a phone (I got it immediatly) very good, but my god, 3 years to give us the copy paste ? What is it ? A joke or I missed sth ?
    I think they have to take care more to not make us feel like wallets only.. Just not make us FEEL...
    Hmm so yes the iPhone is so great... I would say for me its really a human feeling.. touch or not touch.. but for me both are equal, as good..
    I wont sell my BB now (new in it and in LOOOOVE with it)
    07-18-09 07:25 AM
    " BBM "

sssHHHHssssss!!!!!!!
    07-18-09 08:45 AM
    I think this is what it comes down to.
    IPhone.... Despite all its imrpovements.... Is a great TOY.
    Berries.... Are serious business machines that you can play around on.

So it depends on what you're looking for. Play? Or Work?

~LB

07-18-09 10:37 AM
    Its simple the the bold is a blackberry, iphone is not.

07-18-09 11:55 AM
    I was amazed to read someone could type faster on iphone than bold. I must be way over 100% faster on bold immediatley rather than iphone. I also like multitasking, understand that is not possible on iphone ?

07-18-09 02:17 PM
    The crowd that uses iPhones really helped me make the switch from iPhone to Bold.
    07-18-09 02:20 PM
    I was amazed to read someone could type faster on iphone than bold. I must be way over 100% faster on bold immediatley rather than iphone. I also like multitasking, understand that is not possible on iphone ?

Right, me too, even I wrote very fast on iPhone (and I have to say that this touchscreen is simply amazing), but with the Bold I can even write without watch my keyboard, walking in street for example.. and so, everyday, I love the real keyboard... but it's a question of taste..

And yes, multitasks seems sth obvious in a phone.. again, Apple play business, and customers dribble on ONE option good PER year..

Next year : MULTITASKS !! TATATA !! (so funny)

I repeat I still love Apple...
    07-18-09 04:12 PM
120 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD