Obviously.
    Lol that was on the Bold. Trying to bang out posts while dealing with customers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 10:00 AM
    Lol that was on the Bold. Trying to bang out posts while dealing with customers.

I thought it made your point very well, and it cracked me up!
    03-18-09 10:09 AM
    If I have a sms conversation with an iphone user they eventually stop responding because I type too fast, woo

03-18-09 10:48 AM
    This is kind of my point. Take maybe 50% of the iphone market (maybe a lot more). How many of them have no idea what any of this stuff is, then you see the iphone appeal.

"I don't know what my phone is supposed to do or is capable of", but they can navigate with touchscreen (which looks prettier due to screen size constraints with QWERTY devices) and buy apps on the phone to do all kinds of random crap.

Then factor in the fact that the iphone is plastered everywhere and BB's are not...
    You make it sound like it's a BAD, BAD THING that Apple allots a big budget to aggressively market the iPhone. It's actually NOT Apple's fault that "the iphone is plastered everywhere and BB's are not"

I am just on my 3rd day of being a BB user, and boy, am I loving it. If I were rich, I'd get the iPhone, too. Then I'd have something substantial to contribute to this discussion. Sorry for this off-topic post.
    03-18-09 10:53 AM
    If I have a sms conversation with an iphone user they eventually stop responding because I type too fast, woo

They suck with virtual keyboards then. It is really not that hard to type on it.

03-18-09 11:06 AM
    They suck with virtual keyboards then. It is really not that hard to type on it.

i found it extremely easy to use the iPhone keyboard, anyone who doesnt or complains about the virtual keyboard is either lacking in tech development mentally or have extremely obese fingers.
    03-18-09 12:00 PM
    Sub par, compared to what? It's an excellent device for its target market.
    sub par based on the fact that it wasn't released with

System-wide Copy and Paste
    MMS for photos, vcards, audio
    SMS forwarding
    Landscape keyboard in major apps
    Stereo Bluetooth (A2DP)
    Push Gmail
    Background multitasking
    Unified inbox
    Video recording
    Theming

The new Iphone 3.0 will be a great device, but it should have been the first gen and not the 3rd gen, but even still it lacks things that most smart phones have. I honestly would get an ITouch and any other smart phone you like that way you save the contract on a glorified Ipod. Apple makes great media devices, but they came in under the bar with the Iphone.
    03-18-09 12:01 PM
    IMO iPhone is "style" over substance.

The berry does everythig I want it to do. Plus it has physical keys AND I dont have to relinquish my music files to apple (a company I dislike anyway) and play them throughh a mediocre media player (I never thought much to the iPod sound quality in the first place, I cant imagine the iPhone would be any better)
    eh i completely disagree. I feel the BB is lacking in stuff you can do with the phone. Apps that actually work and are free would be awesome. I completely miss my iPhone. I love my Bold but jesus people, quit sucking RIMs teet. You guys are bashing the iPhone like it raped your wives and beat your children. Its a phone which i happen to think is better, especially with the 3.0 update.

The BB in my experiences is a more business orientated phone. It just gets the job done, the iPhone is more of a "fun" phone. I like my phone to be huge piece to my daily life. BB is definitely lacking as opposed to when i had the iPhone. Actual keys to virtual keys is such a negligible argument its ridiculous. I could text just as fast and without looking on the iPhone keyboard as i do with the bold. If anything i like the virtual keyboard better because dust and everything else gets in between the keys. People replace tracballs all the time because stuff gets inside and alters the function of it. I dont remember getting anything in my "HOME" button on the iPhone.

Most of the reasons everyone hates on the iPhone is because they lack knowledge or because they're so far in RIMs backside to take a breath and give Apple a chance.
    03-18-09 12:07 PM
    i've said it before, and i'll say it again.

before making a decision between the two, finish this sentence:

"Primarily, I will be using my phone for..."

if your answer involves lots of typing, get a bb. otherwise, get an iphone.
    03-18-09 12:18 PM
    dumb....useless....post
    Dumb useless thread. The OP has clearly made up his mind he likes the iPhone better. So go get one and be done with it.

I'll never understand people who come here looking to be "convinced" on why they should keep their Bold. Don't like it, don't keep it. Pretty damn simple.
    03-18-09 12:18 PM
    iPhones are silly PERIOD son

Edit: No, but srsly. The iPhone is an awesome piece of technology, especially when it will actually be able to MMS and Copy/Paste haha. So is the BlackBerry however. Like Sam said, the BB is more business oriented while the iPhone is a lot more fun. I have an iPod touch (iPhone minus the Phone) and a Curve. I love them both. I agree with the keyboard argument though, I like physical keys WAY more than touchscreen, even though touchscreen can't get dirt in it. They are both awesome platforms, it just depends what the user wants it for.
    Last edited by gardobus; 03-18-09 at 12:21 PM.
    03-18-09 12:19 PM
    Dumb useless thread. The OP has clearly made up his mind he likes the iPhone better. So go get one and be done with it.

I'll never understand people who come here looking to be "convinced" on why they should keep their Bold. Don't like it, don't keep it. Pretty damn simple.
    +1 on all comments.
    03-18-09 12:22 PM

seeking the acceptance of other people is what drives trends in the first place. some people don't want to make a decision that will negatively impact their perception amongst others, even if those others are complete strangers who have no possible impact on their lives.
    03-18-09 12:25 PM
    sub par based on the fact that it wasn't released with

System-wide Copy and Paste
    MMS for photos, vcards, audio
    SMS forwarding
    Landscape keyboard in major apps
    Stereo Bluetooth (A2DP)
    Push Gmail
    Background multitasking
    Unified inbox
    Video recording
    Theming

The new Iphone 3.0 will be a great device, but it should have been the first gen and not the 3rd gen, but even still it lacks things that most smart phones have. I honestly would get an ITouch and any other smart phone you like that way you save the contract on a glorified Ipod. Apple makes great media devices, but they came in under the bar with the Iphone.
    Yes it should have had all these features, but for a company that doesn't primarily makes phones, they did a good job.

03-18-09 12:25 PM
    On the Bold, you can adjust treble/bass
    Where? I cannot find it?
    03-18-09 01:31 PM

Took the words right out of my keyboard.
    03-18-09 01:33 PM
    Not sure where you can adjust it, but you can change presets in Options under Media.
    03-18-09 01:35 PM

True story... I've pretty much given up on people trying to make decisions for themselves. This thread is just the OP's desperate attempt to bash BlackBerries. If the decision has been made already, why clutter the forum with another one of the "convince me to stay with BB" threads. Here's a novel idea, if you're not getting what you want from something, get something that will satisfy your needs. I heard the Apple App Store is coming out with an app that will lick my nuts... Wait, you're telling me that all the apps "lick nuts"...?
    03-18-09 01:44 PM
    I don't see why they consider the iPhone a smartphone.
    03-18-09 01:51 PM
    I don't see why they consider the iPhone a smartphone.
    It should be called a CleverPhone.
    03-18-09 01:53 PM
    I'll have a berry, and not an iPhone as long as iPhones don't have an etrade app.
    03-18-09 02:01 PM
    My biggest complaint is the lack of background processing, that really kills it for me. When i'm sitting at home not working I might have slacker going, browsing the web, holding a conversation on AIM while sending/receiving E-mails... i couldn't deal with not being able to run two things at once.
    03-18-09 02:05 PM
    I have both. Was at the gym yesterday with the iphone using slacker. Wanted to check an email and it shut down slacker.

Used my Bold today had slacker running in the background while chatting on jivetalk, responding to emails, chatting on BB messenger.(in between sets of coarse)

I can get so much more done on the blackberry. Also to put a calendar event on the BB I select the time and start typing and enter.

On the iphone I have to do about 10 steps and if I forget to set a reminder I don't get a reminder.

The iphone is prettier and has a lot of cool aps but it is much easier to get things done on the Blackberry. I support 3k berries and 800 iphones and when I let someone test the iphone and Bold they almost always go with the Bold.

I find Both devices drop calls on 3G. The Bold is slightly worse. They both got cheap and went with the Infineon chipset for 3G which is notorius for dropping calls. I hear rumors from ATT that future devices will no longer use this chipset. They should have stuck with Qualcomm.
    03-18-09 02:07 PM
    wrong iphone users get free updates

Original iphone owners and Ipod touch people will pay 9.95 for the 3.0 upgrade. That was what was announced yesterday.
    03-18-09 02:09 PM
    Go with the iPhone if that is what you want. If it wins by a landslide over the Bold, what could anyone say to sway you at this point?
    Unless you want to do two things at once?
    03-18-09 02:09 PM
120 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD