pretty sure the iphone has no background switcher meaning you cant run apps in the background like the Bold. Thats a big downside for me because i like to have my aim on and text while im on a call :/
    03-18-09 01:06 AM
    pretty sure the iphone has no background switcher meaning you cant run apps in the background like the Bold. Thats a big downside for me because i like to have my aim on and text while im on a call :/
    I can do that now. Jailbreak + Backgrounder = apps running in the background.
    03-18-09 01:24 AM
    In my opinion what hurts the iphone is the software. Why should I have to hack something to get features I get automatically with a lot of other phones.
    I don't mind the all touch screen but I can see why people don't like it.
    I think if Iphone had push email, better mms (to my knowledge swirly is only pics, I could be wrong), bluetooth that worked with my tomtom (i.e. rSAP), and didnt lag after like a week of using it. (I always love the commercials where the apps "pop" open and run in an instant, wish mine did that), i would switch to it fully.

Right now the iphone is and accessory to play with and the bold is a real device.
    03-18-09 05:51 AM
    I've had both iphones, and i had kept them (the first gen due to a bet) for 3 months and (the 3g) for 2 months. I always go back to the BB. Regardless of the model. Iphones are TOYS. BB's are tools! For example, on the iphone I could only send about 100 sms a day, listen to music about 2 hours before I would reach the point where I Would have to recharge the battery. On the BB with emails (sending receiving) BBM (about 10 contacts with whom I talk to daily) so lets say between receiving and sending messages about 400 messages on BBM a day (with their Delivered and Read notifications that's twice as many comms between the internet and the phone) and music (two hours) I get a FULL day (15 hours) of HARD CORE messaging (about 600-800 messages a day).

Iphone couldn't handle that on a GOOD day. Sorry Apple. Good ipod, bad phone. Good for games and fun, but bad to keep in comm with friends and family (and work!)
    03-18-09 06:05 AM
    What about native voice dialing? I use my bluetooth headset and voice dialing is an absolute must. The only headset that does it with the iPhone is the Blueant V1.
    03-18-09 06:54 AM
    Come on, this is complete fanboyism at its finest. the Iphone with all these features is a better phone. without these features it isnt
    17 million phones since 07. Apple isnt even a phone company / of thread
    So the fact that they sold 17 million sub par phones since 2007 is a good thing? Apple is a great marketing machine and your statement shows it. What's that? I don't speak sheep........
    Last edited by Nazarius; 03-18-09 at 07:28 AM.
    03-18-09 07:21 AM
    Ill give you several reasons why not to go back to the iphone (this year)

NO VIDEO..

NO PUSH GMAIL..

No To Do's in the calendar

No Background Multitasking (bold ROCKS at this)

No unified Messaging system (bold will give you all your messages in one screen)

No Unified Messengers (you either have to run the AIM app, or whatever ever else app. you can run all of them at once (bold will do all)

Still cant customize your theme without jailbreaking your phone..

still cant customize your ringtones without paying on itunes. ( i laugh when im somewhere and the simple iphone message goes off and 10 people pull out theyre iphones)

You cannot multitask ANYTHING on a iphone, every app you exit you have to re load it. that becomes frustrating when your on the go and your moving like the wind.

if you want the toys that the iphone offers then just get a ipod touch like I did and I got the best of both worlds. the BB still navigates quicker than any phone ive ever owned. I can exit and open something else and exit and open another program and it just keeps up with as fast as my fingers can push.

thats one thing that always bothered me about the iphone is apparently apple thinks people want to watch icons explode away and return when navigating through screens..

now if apple decides that jailbreak is the 500 lb gorilla around the corner then RIM will have some serious catcthin up to do. You can do pretty much anything once the phone is jailbroken but it made my iphone sluggish however it shows what the iphone is really capable of. the market geniuses over there are just really patient on stretching the iphones popularity out over a long period of time. You watch a few years down the road the iphone will be able to legitimately do some impressive things. Im sure RIM will be right there with them but still with a phone that can still handle the business side of things a tad bit better..
    03-18-09 07:22 AM
    So the fact that they sold 17 million sub par phones since 2007 is a good thing? Apple is a great marketing machine and your statement shows it. What's that? I don't speak sheep........
    Sub par, compared to what? It's an excellent device for its target market.
    03-18-09 07:31 AM
    wrong.

that was ipod touch users
    Hmm, I swear my friend had to pay for the update. I will have to ask him again today.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 07:48 AM
    What Does the Bold Have Over iPhone OS 3.0?

It's not an iPhone.

I know, flagrant flame bait.
    Hmm, I swear my friend had to pay for the update. I will have to ask him again today.

No, it was free.
    No, it was free.
    Ok. That saves me time then.

03-18-09 07:50 AM
    Do not be surprised that along with all of the improvements with the latest apple OS comes all of the features that will disallow techie folks from jailbreaking the phone or even loading apps that apple/att does not approve of.
    03-18-09 07:55 AM
    Sub par, compared to what? It's an excellent device for its target market.
    Not subpar, but not excellent either. It's a good device for it's target market. The concept was better than the execution. The people I know that have them really like them. I don't think any of them totally love it, even the die hard fanbois.
    03-18-09 07:55 AM
    Do not be surprised that along with all of the improvements with the latest apple OS comes all of the features that will disallow techie folks from jailbreaking the phone or even loading apps that apple/att does not approve of.
    Except 3.0 is already jailbreakable. I don't think there is much Apple can do to stop the jailbreaking community, aside from giving the consumers what they want so people don't have to resort to jailbreaking.
    03-18-09 08:22 AM
    The best thing to do is try both of them, since in reality, all that matters is how YOU feel about the devices. With that said, I've had three iphones(1-1st gen, 1-3G not jailbroken, and 1-3G jailbroken), but that is while retaining a BB and I always sell the iphone and keep the BB. I've had two BB 8310 and currently have a 8310 and a Bold. Here are my reasons for staying with the BB over the iPhone;
    1) No LED indicator on the iPhone (you have to open the phone to check)
    2) BB ringer and vibrator is louder and stronger
    3) Earpiece on the iPhone is not loud enough for 'ME'
    4) BB battery life is better

Now, the iPhone is a great device, and there are things that I like about it better than BB, but when it comes down to the 'PHONE' portion of the device, I prefer the BB.

As I said before, it really comes down to personal preferences.
    03-18-09 08:38 AM
    i love how everyone says the call quality on the iphone sucks compared to the bold, i own both and no one can tell.

the iphone gets way better reception due to having a better antenna. I drop more calls on my Bold than I do my iphone. and the bold has a brand new sim card. Come on, this is complete fanboyism at its finest. the Iphone with all these features is a better phone. without these features it isnt
    And that isn't "fanboyism"?

Lol

Let's be clear here, it's all about preference.
    How are you going to run and say thisphone is better than thatphone.
    They're both different phones that cannot be compared through hardware or software.
    They're both on their own leagues.

ALL ABOUT PREFERENCEE
    03-18-09 08:40 AM
    I switched from the iPhone 3G to the Bold b/c I couldn't deal with the lack of copy/paste, mms, and push notifications. I was much faster (slightly less accurate) typing on the iPhone but have no preference b/w a physical or touch keyboard. Can someone give me a reason not to sell my Blackberry when the new OS is released! Weighing the pros and cons of both it seems like the iPhone wins in a landslide now. Am I missing something?
    I was an iphone user before, the biggest obstacle with iphone is the virtual keyboard, it takes. Ages to type simple email, second thing the battery life is just awful.
    Also its kinda hurts the wrist if u type in that bloody virtual keyboard
    I love my bold

03-18-09 08:50 AM
    IMO iPhone is "style" over substance.

The berry does everythig I want it to do. Plus it has physical keys AND I dont have to relinquish my music files to apple (a company I dislike anyway) and play them throughh a mediocre media player (I never thought much to the iPod sound quality in the first place, I cant imagine the iPhone would be any better)
    03-18-09 08:58 AM
    I never thought much to the iPod sound quality in the first place, I cant imagine the iPhone would be any better
    I find the sound quality on the iPod and the iPhone to be better than BBs. Not by much but I can tell the difference.

03-18-09 09:20 AM
    I find the sound quality on the iPod and the iPhone to be better than BBs. Not by much but I can tell the difference.

Yeah it probably is.

iPods IMO arent the best mp3 players and it strikes me that the iphone is an mp3 player first then a phone.

If I wanted an MP3 player that was a phone, I would want better than an Ipod as the MP3 player.

But for me the bold is a phone first that happens to have the ability to play digital music.

Thats the way I see it.
    03-18-09 09:25 AM
    Yeah it probably is.

iPods IMO arent the best mp3 players and it strikes me that the iphone is an mp3 player first then a phone.

If I wanted an MP3 player that was a phone, I would want better than an Ipod as the MP3 player.

But for me the bold is a phone first that happens to have the ability to play digital music.

Thats the way I see it.
    Exactly, the Bold is a phone that just happens to have the abilty to play music. I think the iPhone is a phone first, but it is just much better at its media capabilities that it doesn't seem that way.

03-18-09 09:31 AM
    Your not gonna find anyone here who would agree with you my friend...the Iphones a nice entertainment device but its no Berry...
    I agree completely, its a great toy but not a serious phone when you look at the thing. I have the bold, a buddy of mine has the iphone he constantly has worse service than me and that has nothing to do with the network, its strictly the phone quality.

I personally can't imagine using the iphone keyboard for texting even if it is widescreen, they can't seem to keep up with the speed I throw then down at. 54 WPM baby.

03-18-09 09:44 AM
    I agree completely, its a great toy but not a serious phone when you look at the thing. I have the bold, a buddy of mine has the iphone he constantly has worse service than me and that has nothing to do with the network, its strictly the phone quality.

I personally can't imagine using the iphone keyboard for texting even if it is widescreen, they can't seem to keep up with the speed I throw then down at. 54 WPM baby.

I can type much faster on my iPhone than I can on my Bold. It works better for certain people. With autocorrect I can fly through texts or emails. I love typing on the Bold though and do prefer actual keys. I just like typing on the Bold better because I don't need to look at the keyboard to type.

Last edited by avt123; 03-18-09 at 09:59 AM.
    03-18-09 09:49 AM
    It works better for certain proplr.
    Obviously.
    03-18-09 09:51 AM
120 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD