1. Screen
    2. Keyboard
    3. Speaker

These were all better on the 9000, i hope they release something in the 9000 size with 9700 specs or better!
    05-15-10 02:50 PM
    A few things:

1. The optical track pad in direct sunlight gets a little wild.
    2. The browser. Opera would be perfect if it didn't have the messed up track pad navigation.
    3. Some apps can't go through wifi for some reason: google maps, engadget, facebook. I have no clue why.
    As far as the apps working through wifi, I would check to make sure you have the proper APN settings in ur device, and in the program settings if necessary, because every single program u named works flawlessly for me on wifi, I reley on wifi at my house as I get no signal otherwise. As for the trackpad issue, do you mean after sitting in the light for awhile? I've had no issues, but have been curious cause I can think of several easy ways the trackpad could get destroyed, and have been getting worried since I work construction in arizona, (110 degree f. avg summer temp)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 02:59 PM
    Not a thing
    05-15-10 03:06 PM
    First of all, please, no beating of dead (or alive) horses here!
    Although I absolutely love my 9700 and it works flawlessly, I'm beginning to get a bit restless (read: Android). Size is a bit of an issue also. I would have really loved this device the size of the original Bold.
    Also, to those who complain about bootup time, remember, this is like a mini-computer. There are a lot of programs that take time to boot up.
    05-15-10 04:13 PM
    The ridiculous placement of the memory card.
    Maybe, but it's waaaaay better than on the 83XX series.
    05-15-10 06:40 PM
    Have the 9700 now and LOVE almost everything about it except the tacky faux leather look on the back. *twitches* need cover
    Same here, personally I don't like how it looks be it on the Bold or any model. I will soon get a better looking (to my eyes at least) cover.
    05-15-10 06:49 PM
    Maybe, but it's waaaaay better than on the 83XX series.
    No argument there, but just because it is better than under the battery does
    not mean it is not in an almost equally stupid position.
    05-15-10 06:58 PM
    Smaller keyboard and trackpad feels flimsy.

05-15-10 07:17 PM
    First off, I think its a great phone

what I would revisit.

Speakers, volume & sound quality
    3G speed / radio

keyboard is a bit small but I got used to it. 9000 had best
    8900 keys were pretty killer too.

I would suggest checking the connection on micro USB jack.
    and build quality of the screen

tighten these areas up is what I would suggest.
    Software is the 6.0 fix .. etc so
    05-15-10 09:10 PM
    Keyboard toooooo cramped. Other than that nothing whatsoever!
    05-15-10 10:59 PM
    Memory is too much

05-15-10 11:07 PM
    Memory is too much

I really don't think your gona get support from anyone on CB with that post

we need more memory not less lol
    05-15-10 11:20 PM
    wish the phone had a bigger screen like the bold 9000 had
    05-15-10 11:23 PM
    Only onr thing wrong....... constant crashes......and this is my 3rd 9700. Took two back and still have that issue. And its not the service. (check the forums : all carriers having this problem)
    05-15-10 11:29 PM
    Only onr thing wrong....... constant crashes......and this is my 3rd 9700. Took two back and still have that issue. And its not the service. (check the forums : all carriers having this problem)
    I wouldn't say "all" carriers. I am on AT&T and have never had a crash or any
    other operational issue.
    05-15-10 11:33 PM
    I would never speak ill of my lover. She's always been so faithful to me.
    05-15-10 11:35 PM
    I hate everything about it! I think the TWO Bold 9700's I've had missed quality control. Some keys make a weird noise when pressed and the darn trackpad wobbles - not to mention it leans - creating this indescribable, annoying sound. This problem is apparent on both phones. My first 9700 lasted 3 months. The bezel started to fall apart on the left side. I see this one (my second one) going down a similar route - it's a week and a half old. I don't think I can file another insurance claim without being under suspicion.

The web browser is awful - not to mention there's hardly any apps I find useful. This is my first BlackBerry, and it will probably be my last. I curse myself everyday for not choosing the iPhone 3GS!

05-16-10 01:09 AM
    everything is wrong with this phone. let me start off with the list

Build quality The screen isnt protected at all in the cheap housing. No matter were you press around the screen the liquid crystals disperse because of the amount of pressure its under or the lack of protection it has around it. I dare you to press the end button and see what happens to your screen. The build quality on the buttons. two months into purchase my voice shortcut button malfunctions. It lost its pushback so now its a part of the housing. Oh did i also mention i never used that button?

BROWSER AND MEDIA PLAYEROmg im not even going to get iinto this. Worst browser ever, no real alternatives. they all suck.

Lack of software support/community Im not talking about the small picture. Im talking about the big picture. Skyfire, Youtube, Google maps, and many other mainstream applications fail to be compatible with this phone or developers just dont want to deal with the OS. im sorry isnt the bold the "number one selling phone?"

ONE SETTING ALARMNO im not going to pay 4 dollars for software that allows me to customize the time and date that i want an alarm to go off. i hate changing my alarms everyday. its so annoying.

LED indicator for MISSED CALLS Yet again, a third party app is needed for your phone to properly indicate to you that youve missed a call. Thank you BB. some business phone you are. Im not enabling call log. last thing i need is spam in my inbox (this only applies for the 9700)

Office tools Limited word document application. You cant create anything without paying 50 dollars to unlock the software.My motorola q9h puts this phone to shame.

I stepped on a landmine when i got suckered in by my friends to get this phone. omg we can bbm and bla bla. Im paying 500 bucks to be able to bbm somebody ? Aside from push mail this phone has absolutely nothing to keep me in its interest. My q9H competes with this phone in almost all aspects. its really sad and pathetic.. i hate this phone
    I agree, the build quality, along with the other things you've listed have made me come to hate my phone. I've never been so displeased with a phone - and I thought my G1 was awful - pfft! 21 months until my upgrade is due - I may just pay full retail for the iPhone 4G when it comes out this summer. I should have bought America's most popular smartphone when I switched from TMobile to AT&T!

05-16-10 01:25 AM
    No, I just see RIM for what they are. The next Palm at the rate they're going. Yea, OS 6 looks great but at this point it may be too little too late.

Another cutomer just came in disgusted with his blackberry compared to all his friends iPhones hahaha
    All of my dadgum friends have iPhones! Gah! I hate them so much. Haha!

I wish I had come to hate this phone within the first 30 days - 21 more months of suffering left. Yay!

05-16-10 01:28 AM
    I forgot to mention this in my previous rant... my first 9700 trackpad leaned to the left, and wobbled when scrolled from left to right. My second one (current) leans to the right, and wobbles when scrolled up and down - no joke - I wonder if I got a third what it would do?

05-16-10 01:40 AM
    For me the 3G performance the 9700, I'm forced to keep my phone on GPRS most the time just so it remains stable. Newer builds have helped but still has a long way to go.
    05-16-10 08:25 AM
    I hate the camera lag. Is there a way to fix it?

05-16-10 08:46 AM
    I hate the build quality (mine is one of the **** built ones...) Squeaky trackpad and bezel, freezing, loose back cover...but to be honest...I LOVE my phone

05-16-10 09:27 AM
    I must be so lucky compared to others. My build qaulity is perfect
    05-16-10 09:33 AM
    everything is wrong with this phone. let me start off with the list

Build quality The screen isnt protected at all in the cheap housing. No matter were you press around the screen the liquid crystals disperse because of the amount of pressure its under or the lack of protection it has around it. I dare you to press the end button and see what happens to your screen. The build quality on the buttons. two months into purchase my voice shortcut button malfunctions. It lost its pushback so now its a part of the housing. Oh did i also mention i never used that button?
    screen on 9700 is just fine.. if they would add some protective screen over it... we would get dust under it!! like 83xx series suffered from this problem. glass instead of plastic would be better.
    05-16-10 09:35 AM
257 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD