Hate is such a strong word for a Blackberry!

Learning curve with new style keyboard coming from 8310.

Browser is a little weak. I keep Bolt and Opera as backups, between all 3, one usually works!

Still, the best phone I have EVER had, coming from back when the phone had to be mounted in your car and was the size of a boom box. Jeezzz, am I really that old.
    05-13-10 10:54 AM
    Sadly, it does not have a crisper screen, its identical to the 8900.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I didn't have the 8900 I had the older curve. So yes CRISPER screen :-)

05-13-10 12:11 PM
    Media functions are **** poor compared to the Apple OS and Android. Constant errors for video compatability, unable to properly sync audio and video, choppy motion reproduction in HQ video playback, unable to play Apple Lossless(I don't care about FLAC, I want one program).

Unable to make the phone into a WiFi hotspot. Seriously RIM, get it together. Every other smartphone OS can do this in one form or another. Symbian can do this for god sakes.

The browser is almost unusable unless all you do is look at mobile pages, even then it's far from perfect.
    05-13-10 12:30 PM
    ??? What videos are you watching where it does that? When I watch videos and check messages its never done that. It always goes right back to where I paused it.

And when you say fast forward or rewind videos do you mean like a dvd where you press fast forward you can actually watch it fast forward? Or do you mean to just make it fast forward to a certain time?
    This happens when I try to watch full-length movies. I can pause it, but if I move out of the app it'll start me @ the beginning when I unpause. And the little time bar lets me click on it & scroll to various points in the movie, but it doesn't actually pick up from the point I choose.
    05-13-10 12:30 PM
    The LED indicator for messages only lasts 15 minutes because it times out and doesnt do reminders anymore! People will need to buy third party software to get this basic functionality.

This goes for the alarm clock too.
    05-13-10 02:06 PM
    The things I don't like about it:

1. The audio toggle at the top of the device is too easy to press accidentally
    2. The speech command button on the side is also too easily pressed accidentally
    3. Auto-screen brightness seems random
    Basically the same issues I have with mine, but so minor compared to how other things work on the phone.

It will take more than these fancy Andriods to pry this phone away from me.

05-13-10 03:08 PM
    Media functions are **** poor compared to the Apple OS and Android. Constant errors for video compatability, unable to properly sync audio and video, choppy motion reproduction in HQ video playback, unable to play Apple Lossless(I don't care about FLAC, I want one program).

Unable to make the phone into a WiFi hotspot. Seriously RIM, get it together. Every other smartphone OS can do this in one form or another. Symbian can do this for god sakes.

The browser is almost unusable unless all you do is look at mobile pages, even then it's far from perfect.
    OMG, don't you get tired of being a broken record? You are such an apple homer it is lame...I could see if you had constructive criticism, but you don't...go and beat another dead horse....

05-13-10 03:17 PM
    i prefer the 8900 keypad
    05-13-10 03:39 PM
    Biggest con I have is the youtube quality. That's it.

05-13-10 05:23 PM
    Nothing I hate about my 9700!

05-13-10 07:11 PM
    Nothing I hate about my 9700!

Leave it alone if you don't have constructive comments!

05-13-10 07:42 PM
    Idk how you could hate your 9700

05-13-10 07:57 PM
    Had an 8900, loved it, had a Storm 2... sold in within 24 hours, hated it. Went to Iphone, Kinda liked it, had it for a month, sold it. Have the 9700 now and LOVE almost everything about it except the tacky faux leather look on the back. *twitches* need cover
    05-13-10 07:58 PM
    have a 9000 and 9700, don't like the keyoard, they should have left the curve keyboard. Trackpad is the best! 9700 seems a lil buggy my ring and message tones seem to change. Happy with the phone none the less
    05-13-10 08:06 PM
    everything is wrong with this phone. let me start off with the list

Build quality The screen isnt protected at all in the cheap housing. No matter were you press around the screen the liquid crystals disperse because of the amount of pressure its under or the lack of protection it has around it. I dare you to press the end button and see what happens to your screen. The build quality on the buttons. two months into purchase my voice shortcut button malfunctions. It lost its pushback so now its a part of the housing. Oh did i also mention i never used that button?

BROWSER AND MEDIA PLAYEROmg im not even going to get iinto this. Worst browser ever, no real alternatives. they all suck.

Lack of software support/community Im not talking about the small picture. Im talking about the big picture. Skyfire, Youtube, Google maps, and many other mainstream applications fail to be compatible with this phone or developers just dont want to deal with the OS. im sorry isnt the bold the "number one selling phone?"

ONE SETTING ALARMNO im not going to pay 4 dollars for software that allows me to customize the time and date that i want an alarm to go off. i hate changing my alarms everyday. its so annoying.

LED indicator for MISSED CALLS Yet again, a third party app is needed for your phone to properly indicate to you that youve missed a call. Thank you BB. some business phone you are. Im not enabling call log. last thing i need is spam in my inbox (this only applies for the 9700)

Office tools Limited word document application. You cant create anything without paying 50 dollars to unlock the software.My motorola q9h puts this phone to shame.

I stepped on a landmine when i got suckered in by my friends to get this phone. omg we can bbm and bla bla. Im paying 500 bucks to be able to bbm somebody ? Aside from push mail this phone has absolutely nothing to keep me in its interest. My q9H competes with this phone in almost all aspects. its really sad and pathetic.. i hate this phone
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 05-15-10 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Cleaned up all the profanity
    05-13-10 09:34 PM
    Honestly the only I can say I hate about my 9700 are the slow tethering speeds... And I'm not sure the 9700 is to blame, or if it's the network (have full 3G bars and great coverage - and would get 900 kbps with a Nexus... But only 250-350 kbps on avg with the 9700... All else being equal... Same computer was used)

But everything else about my 9700 I love... Great voice, great 3G, UMA works awesome... Speakerphone, keyboard, screen, reception/signal strength... All outstanding!

05-13-10 09:52 PM
    Been going through all the "problem and issue" threads on the 9700 boards now i'm curious to know if there's anything that most people really hate about the 9700...

Planning on moving up from the 8900 (trackball must die) within the week.

Cheers
    Keyboard. 9000's keyboard is better

05-13-10 11:26 PM
    Sub-standard built quality. I have used 3 different models so far (8320, 8900 & 9700). The only phone which I think was good interms of built quality was 8320. The later two are cheap plasticy phones with lot of things wobbling and loose.

RIM should not do this to BB fans. We should get what we pay for. Look at Nokia E72. Its a rock solid phone.
    Last edited by Curvy_8320; 05-14-10 at 12:47 AM.
    05-14-10 12:43 AM
    Flawlesssssssss....

05-14-10 04:26 AM
    Browser. Alarm. Everything looks kinda dated, but it all still works.

05-14-10 04:43 AM
    Im used to it now, but the size. I want a Bold 9000 with 9700 specs!
    05-14-10 04:43 AM
    OKAZAR -
    I'm curious, why do you still have this phone? On April 4th, you posted the same message in another thread... two of your first three posts. You said on 4/4 "i despise this phone ever since i opened it from the box." Why didn't you return it to the carrier? you have a 30-day buyers remorse/return period, yet a month and a half later, you're still copy/pasting the same information.

I'm not trying to bash you, I'm just curious why you're still here when you made it clear that - "Im out. going to look for an HTC desire. See you guys on the other side" - a long time ago.
    05-14-10 02:19 PM
    OMG, don't you get tired of being a broken record? You are such an apple homer it is lame...I could see if you had constructive criticism, but you don't...go and beat another dead horse....

No, I just see RIM for what they are. The next Palm at the rate they're going. Yea, OS 6 looks great but at this point it may be too little too late.

Another cutomer just came in disgusted with his blackberry compared to all his friends iPhones hahaha
    05-15-10 10:32 AM
    My complaints:

Keyboard, browser, software bugs (repeated self boots, dropped calls).
    I feel like the learning curve on this phone is too steep. Why do we have to be computer experts to manage our BBs?
    05-15-10 02:30 PM
    The trackpad isn't accurate enough, I've had the phone a week but still can't go directly to the icon I want instantly, I find it a little vague.

It's a great phone though, probably just need a bit longer to get used to it!

Oh and I've had a few freezes requiring a VERY LONG reboot, it can take between 3 seconds and 8 minutes!!!!
    Last edited by Lyons88; 05-15-10 at 02:45 PM.
    05-15-10 02:41 PM
257 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD