What I hate about the 9700 is all the whiny cry baby owners (some not all) that all of a sudden are acting like Tour 9630 owners, at the very mention of a possible Onyx II (aka '9700a' with 512MB, 5MP cam, OS 6, etc).... feeling so victimized and slighted by RIM... the attitude of "How could THEY do this to ME?!".... Talk about feelings of entitlement... Unreal.
    06-04-10 08:27 AM
    Niiiiiiice post dude.

hahaha
    06-04-10 08:48 AM
    What I hate about the 9700 is all the whiny cry baby owners (some not all) that all of a sudden are acting like Tour 9630 owners, at the very mention of a possible Onyx II (aka '9700a' with 512MB, 5MP cam, OS 6, etc).... feeling so victimized and slighted by RIM... the attitude of "How could THEY do this to ME?!".... Talk about feelings of entitlement... Unreal.
    You should have known that was going to happen
    06-04-10 08:51 AM
    I don't hate it. But, it's lacking 3 things IMO to being perfect for my usage.

1) Loose the front facing buttons and expand the screen up and sideways w/o changing this form factor. They could get another 1.xx" out of the screen. (e.g. move "Blackberry" & speaker up a bit and bottom of keyboard down just a bit...screen should go flush to side... etc.)

2) Touchscreen. Since you loose the front facing buttons and touchpad - just have a touch screen with gestures that invoke the buttons.

3) Get a decent browser that works with the touchscreen.

It's a pretty solid device the way it is. I'm impressed. I think they shoudl have a touchscreen in their family with a qwerty device too.
    06-11-10 07:57 AM
    i'm curious to know if there's anything that most people really hate about the 9700...
    Nope
    06-11-10 08:09 AM
    i love it i love it i love it...... flawless... elegant..... lovely...... cant imagine bein without it.........
    06-11-10 09:18 AM
    Been going through all the "problem and issue" threads on the 9700 boards now i'm curious to know if there's anything that most people really hate about the 9700...

Planning on moving up from the 8900 (trackball must die) within the week.

Cheers
    Yee-haw! I'm moving up from an 8300 (!) within the week and I can't wait!

My complaint is about ATT. I had T-Mobile for a long time, then we had to switch to ATT because we moved and there's no T-Mobile signal here. When I was with TM, I could upgrade pretty much anytime I wanted to. And I "wanted" to a lot -- this was before my smartphone days -- but ATT are such sticklers for that two-year thing, GAD! I've never had a phone this long.

Anyway, I just wanted to commiserate and say good luck with yours, I can't wait to get it, too!
    06-12-10 08:17 AM
    The majority of people who like this phone never had a BOLD 9000. I had a 9700 and sent it back. It works no better than the 9000, just more mem and larger battery. Not really worth the upgrade to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-10 08:24 AM
    It is an excellent phone, I love it, I just wish that RIM moved away from a java OS and created a new one from the ground up. boot times are just... crap.
    Other than that, I love my 9700.
    06-12-10 09:07 AM
    I had the 8900 and now the 9700. My only issue is when I turn it on after charging it overnight, my SMS messages don't show the time they were sent, only the time they got to my phone. Anybody know how to fix this?
    06-12-10 09:38 AM
    My main gripes are:
    a) SMS I can't even count the times I've tried to open a text and my phone freezes until I do a battery pull. Then it still wont open, until my only choice is to delete the entire thread. This is the 2nd 9700 I've had this issue with, and it's annoying to say the very least.

b) WEB BROWSER It's painstakingly slow. And as others have stated, I wish the native browser had tabs.

c) KEYBOARD I actually like the keyboard, but the dividers are weak.

I don't hate my 9700, but coming from my 9000 I think it's just...meh
    06-12-10 04:09 PM
    I really can't complain about the 9700 at all, I had the 8110 then the 8900(sucked) and the an 16gb3GS and I just love this phone, its well balances. The battery life is solid the call quality is the best I've seen on any mobile device and not to mention the awesome keyboard and screen. I would say it is the best phone of all time if OS 6 comes out for it with webkit. The last and final complaint if you could even call it one would be the week apps available. FACT: tether is the best known app

06-13-10 12:13 AM
    I hate that there is no way of telling whether a call has been forwarded from another number or dialled direct to my BB. When I divert my office phone to my BB I never know whether the caller is expecting me to be at my desk or not.

An honost person shouldn't have these problems~

I started. @ the bottom. With a 8110 and have gone thru many.. I just went from 8900 - 9700 Within 3 months of eaCh othEr.. I hAve no issues With thE 9700 whatsoEvEr.. Once you go BlackBerry you NEVER go back!!!

06-13-10 02:30 AM
    I hate, just hate that mine neither makes my bed nor washes my dishes. Otherwise it's just fine.
    B B

06-13-10 06:06 AM
    Nothing at all. LOVE it and had it a little over a week now. Took it on my vacation and it worked great. Even used it to tether and get internet access when the WIFI went down in our hotel.
    06-13-10 08:40 AM
    That it won't do DUN with my TomTom. I had to get a pre-paid PagePlus phone to do data with so I could get traffic on the GPS.

I'd also love to have it be able to block my caller ID when calling someone not in my phonebook. WinMo wins on that one.
    06-13-10 09:01 AM
    Erm... shaky UMA. Not even that bothered about UMA as I have 3G signal pretty much anywhere!
    07-02-10 04:45 PM
    Been going through all the "problem and issue" threads on the 9700 boards now i'm curious to know if there's anything that most people really hate about the 9700...

Cheers
    That it looks better naked then my girlfriend...
    07-02-10 06:33 PM
    I hate about my 9700?? NOTHING!! I love it much!!
    07-02-10 07:57 PM
    I hate about my 9700?? NOTHING!! I love it much!!
    Ditto that!!!

07-02-10 08:06 PM
    I strongly dislike hearing whiner-babies trashing a device that no one forced them to buy. Buyers have a right to expect a quality device not a perfect one unless you are willing to pay for that perfection. Expecting perfection is the surest path to disappointment.
    07-02-10 08:23 PM
    That it cant make me breakfast in the morning or iron my shirts...
    07-02-10 08:27 PM
    I strongly dislike hearing whiner-babies trashing a device that no one forced them to buy. Buyers have a right to expect a quality device not a perfect one unless you are willing to pay for that perfection. Expecting perfection is the surest path to disappointment.
    Very well put
    07-02-10 08:28 PM
    I hate that I am so addicted to it and that I have to leave it alone of a night so I can go to sleep xD
    07-03-10 07:41 AM
    I hate how I'll have to check an email while taking a u turn !!

07-03-10 04:26 PM
257 ... 891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD